Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Music School for learning Guitar

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by DSOTM » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:58 pm

Learning to play guitar was always on my TODO list but never got the time to seriously pursue that. Now, I want to change that.

I live in Kukatpally and am willing to travel around 15km.

Does anybody know about any good institutes/personal trainers?

Thanks.
DSOTM

No reply till date

by shekhar » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:58 am

Hi buddy,

i was in search of a good good music school to learn Hindustani Vocal(Singing), posted a message here but no replies till date......seems all hyderabad guys are busy...

for your information you can find a list of music schools but no guarantee that there you will get the best that is why we are posting the message here so that if any body knows about any best school/personal trainers that will be of much useful than simply joining a class about which we don't know much........wat say buddy...and Hyderabad guys and gals......

i hope now everybody will take initiative towards our request........
shekhar

by deliverance » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:10 am

hey man,

Ive been playing guitar for quite a few years and if uv ever come to any of the rock gigs in hyd u wlda prolly seen me in the crowd or on stage...hehe....im currently not in hyd but i know a few ppl who teach and play music....the guy i would personally recommend is this guy simiea....he stays near lifestyle.....and takes class in his house.....amazing teacher....he can teach u any form of music u want on the guitar.....he plays the keys and sings too.....he was part of the band shangri-la for anyone who was involved in the rock scene say 10 years back....

as for his contact....hmm....ive not been in touch with him recently...but i know who has....BLACK WIZARD....hehe u can send him him a pm ...if that doesnt work lemme know i will get his phone number from someone else....

Another option u have is dolce school ofmusic in himayat nagar....the teacher is alexander....hes not too bad...but very money oriented.....i feel he is not as sincere as he should be ...and he will never miss a chance to take some dough.....but hes a decent teacher too if u dont find simiea.....

I am not sure if Prabhu is still taking guitar classes or not....hes another option too...current member of the black wizards band.....so u know where to get his contact....

well hope i helped....u could keep checking DC classifieds u r bound to find somethign...

cheers
deliverance

by smack » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:43 pm

deliverance wrote:hey man,
Another option u have is dolce school ofmusic in himayat nagar....the teacher is alexander....hes not too bad...but very money oriented.....i feel he is not as sincere as he should be ...and he will never miss a chance to take some dough.....but hes a decent teacher too if u dont find simiea.....
well hope i helped....u could keep checking DC classifieds u r bound to find somethign...
cheers

The place where he used to teach in Himayatnagar was my frnds house. Now gutted and a commercial complex is coming up in its place.

Dolce has shifted. Dont know where. But if somebody needs the contact number, I can get it from my frnd.
smack

by akhilis2cool » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:50 pm

Dolce is still in himayath nagar. I am not sure which lane, but its near Harvard School (now renamed Howard skool).
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by Sharjeel » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:46 pm

I have enrolled in Dolce, and have gone exactly once in the past two months due to job commitments, but uit is good. I will PM you Alexander sirs number.
"Consequences, shmonsequences! So long as I'm rich!" - Daffy Duck.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by DSOTM » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:21 pm

Thanks Deliverance; Your reply was nothing short of deliverance. Based on what you said, it looks like Simiea is "the" guy.

It would be great help if you can get Simiea's phone number?

Sharjeel - How was your experience at Dolce with Alex?
DSOTM

singing

by shekhar » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:14 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for the info but i'm in serach of a GURU who can teach Singing(Hindustani)....There are lot many who can teach Carnatic or Instruments but hard to find teachers who teach hindustani music.

so guys please send any teachers contacts please....hope i'll get a best teacher to learn from him

Thanks Hyderabadi friends.........

"There are only two kinds of men; the DEAD and the DEADLY" And I am the second one !!!
shekhar

by ycr007 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:23 pm

which among Violin & guitar is difficult to learn? I was thinking about learning either a foreign lang or a musical instrument........and am unable to find time for any of them!

are there any instis whcih have only weekend classes/ alliance Francaise doesn't have 'em I suppose.......and any weekend music classes any of u know about?
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by deliverance » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:23 pm

i know some guitar and violin teachers in hyd....as for which one is more difficult..i would say the violin is more difficult cos its very difficult to sound good on it unless u have a passion for it...if u wanna learn the instrument as a hobby the guitar is better
deliverance

by CtrlAltDel » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:49 pm

i'd love to learn saxophone n drums :D
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

music school

by Bond007 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:11 am

ycr007 wrote:which among Violin & guitar is difficult to learn? I was thinking about learning either a foreign lang or a musical instrument........and am unable to find time for any of them!
are there any instis whcih have only weekend classes/ alliance Francaise doesn't have 'em I suppose.......and any weekend music classes any of u know about?

HI YCR there are many schools in city, you should choose something close to your place.. I know philip sir at jubileehills amazing guitarist plays many other instruments too. but his teaching and fee is not like the conventional way, once you enter the the school as novice you will come out as a musician...there is no time limit to your course even if you go 2years for classes , he wont charge anything extra..what ever you pay at the time of admission thats your course fee thats all. try once.

many people teach but not openly..they dont reveal the real technical secrets , here you can rely on him.. i am happy with his teaching you also try once.

bond 007
Bond007

by ycr007 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:31 pm

Hiya bond 2,

I too heard about someone teaching at Jubilee hills....philip you say his name is.....shall check it out!

have put this 'urge' on the backburner as have some other commitments to follow up 8) .....but would definitely learn something before the call comes :D
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

guitar classes

by diabolicdiva » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:30 pm

hey i stay at chandanagar, which is like near bhel and beyond kukatpally... i am searchin fr guitar clases nearby.... know any good ones?..hmm..may be in kukatpally?
diabolicdiva

Any teacher in Saudia...?

by shakes » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Hey guys I live in Dammam Saudi Arabia...

Can anyone teach me guitar here...?

If you ppl know someone then plz. inform me or e-mail me at

shakeshake966@gmail.com

Regards shakes... :)
shakes

Re: guitar classes

by yugan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:28 pm

diabolicdiva wrote:hey i stay at chandanagar, which is like near bhel and beyond kukatpally... i am searchin fr guitar clases nearby.... know any good ones?..hmm..may be in kukatpally?

Hi.. i am also looking for good guitar teacher... if you find anybody just let me know.. my mail id is yugan.t@hotmail.com

..i am also stying at kukatpally.. i am waiting for your reply
yugan

guitar playing.

by shakes » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:36 pm

Hey dude...

why you dont contact DSOTM...?

He is also at Kukatpally... "Ek se Bhaley Do" Right?
shakes

Guitar school

by talonx » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:47 pm

You can check out the Hyderabad School of Symphonic Music - every sunday at the International School of Hyd, Banjara Hills. Prabhu used to teach there - I don't know if he still does. It's pretty good.
talonx

Re: Music School for learning Guitar

by rags » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:37 am

Hey all,

Hi Deliverance.. I wanna learn different styles in guitar.. I just know basics. I tried for simiea online to PM him.. but cldnt do tht... Plz send me any details abt Black Wizard band. I want to learn frm them. I stay very near to Lifestyle. Plz tel the contact number ott mail ID of simiea. plz... it wld b a gr8 help for me.

Thank U.
rags

by @bond007 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi i wud like to know how does philip teach guitar n is he reliable??
@bond007

by Help me Please » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:15 am

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this city and trying to leran guitar I went through few of the post in here and came to the conclusion that Siemeia and Prabhu are the best teacher. So please anybody could help me wid their numbers would be appreciated.....

Thanks in advance
Nikhil Pujar
Help me Please

Re: Help me wid the numbers please

by Nikhil pujar » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:20 am

deliverance wrote:hey man,
Ive been playing guitar for quite a few years and if uv ever come to any of the rock gigs in hyd u wlda prolly seen me in the crowd or on stage...hehe....im currently not in hyd but i know a few ppl who teach and play music....the guy i would personally recommend is this guy simiea....he stays near lifestyle.....and takes class in his house.....amazing teacher....he can teach u any form of music u want on the guitar.....he plays the keys and sings too.....he was part of the band shangri-la for anyone who was involved in the rock scene say 10 years back....
as for his contact....hmm....ive not been in touch with him recently...but i know who has....BLACK WIZARD....hehe u can send him him a pm ...if that doesnt work lemme know i will get his phone number from someone else....
I am not sure if Prabhu is still taking guitar classes or not....hes another option too...current member of the black wizards band.....so u know where to get his contact....

cheers

Hi Delivarance
Please help wid numbers of Prabhu and siemeia .... I want to learn guitar that y I have been trying hard to get their numbers.Please help me....

Thanks in advance
Nikhil Pujar
Nikhil pujar

by riamac » Tue May 24, 2011 11:33 am

Interesting thing to see here. I just would love to learn some guitar lessons in order to have some good learning on that one. I just hope that things are well in finding the good music school for guitar learning.
riamac

Learn Guitar in better an

by Vineet agarwal(Guitar Player) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:56 am

Hi...every one this Vineet Agarwal,I m living in SK nagar near YUSUFGUDA and I m playing guitar from quiet a time now.My method of teaching is not conventional like others will help you to learn it as soon as possible..If any1 is interested then make me a call on 08096582070 after 6.30 pm,and rest of the details you can get from me..!!
Vineet agarwal(Guitar Player)

by guitar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:43 am

pl. contact me on 9959052247
guitar

Next         

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!