Saturday, 27 April 2024 »  Login
in

To Drink/Smoke or Not?

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

First Smoke

by VJ » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:31 pm

When I first started to smoke, I had a feeling as if I'm going to a different world. Aisa lagtha tha ki woh nasha mujhe kisi aur duniya me lejatha tha. Lekin ab aisa nahi lagtha, kyon......... :?: Mujhe mera nasha wapas chahiye :shock: :wink: :)

@VJ
Being Oneself is One of the Greatest Qualities of All Time In a Human Being.
VJ

craggggggg.......

by smoker!!!!! » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:10 pm

omg cragg u scared the shit out of me showing those pics.....but tht doesnt happen with those who smoke about 4 or 5 cigs a day right?may b it happens with the regular chain smokers.............but wht ever it may b reli scared me and made me think twice abt finding ways to quit smoking
LiFe SuCkS!!!sO Do I!!!!!
smoker!!!!!

Re: craggggggg.......

by VJ » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:21 pm

smoker!!!!! wrote:omg cragg u scared the shit out of me showing those pics.....but tht doesnt happen with those who smoke about 4 or 5 cigs a day right?may b it happens with the regular chain smokers.............but wht ever it may b reli scared me and made me think twice abt finding ways to quit smoking

I'm quitting to smoke every now and then these days....... :lol: mental tension prevails smoke rules........... :)

@VJ
VJ

When?

by VJ » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:46 am

Somehow I managed to quit drinking alcohol (kept it occasional though), but the real thing I want to quit is smoking........I'm unable to control myself mentally due to some of the issues which are bothering me. Did anyone had similar experience and quit to smoke............ :?:
VJ

Smoking ...

by HH » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:39 pm

Nice going, "VJ"! ... Giving up alcohol ... Wish & Pray You'll win the "Smoke" War, too! ... Some of my colleagues ... chain smokers all ... just quit ... NEVER TO SMOKE! ... One was cautioned and shown "Chest" X-Ray with the Permanent "Smoker's" Lines on Lungs; just quit! ... Needed is the WILL to quit! ... Wish You ALL THE BEST!

:)
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Dr Sri » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:40 pm

Getting addicted to alcohol is considered as Chronic Suicide by Psychiatrists
Dr Sri
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Beware of Alcohol!

by HH » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:58 pm

Dr Sri wrote:Getting addicted to alcohol***** is considered as Chronic Suicide by Psychiatrists

***** >>>>>

Beer-Guzzling Monkey >>>>> Who can't get enough of beer-drinking simians? This latest one is named Banno. She has been drinking at least three to four bottles per day for a decade. If she doesn't, then she can become violent. "She injures people and snatches their beer bottles," says a local vendor. She's even injured at least half a dozen people recently.

In case you're wondering why that monkey is so fat, yes, it's because of all the beer.

* Drunken Monkey Style >>>>> The Discovery Channel has an article about boozing rhesus macaques. Studies show that their behavior is very similar to human alcohol use. For example, monkeys that live alone drink 2-3 times as much. Some like to end the day by drinking. Lower-ranked monkeys and males drink more. Blood alcohol levels often exceed .o8, and many drink heavily, resulting in vomiting, stumbling around, and falling asleep.

Aside from the science, though, that picture has got to be the best part of it. I think I just found my new mascot. - http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20 ... s_ani.html

- http://daysthatendiny.com/index.php?mon ... eb0cb3c9b3
http://daysthatendiny.com/entry.php?entry=505

Beware of Alcohol!
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: To Drink/Smoke or Not?

by devnty06 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:44 pm

* Set a date for quitting. If possible, have a friend quit smoking with you.
* Notice when and why you smoke. Try to find the things in your daily life that you often do while smoking (such as drinking your morning cup of coffee or driving a car).
* Change your smoking routines: Keep your cigarettes in a different place. Smoke with your other hand. Don't do anything else when smoking. Think about how you feel when you smoke.
* Smoke only in certain places, such as outdoors.
* When you want a cigarette, wait a few minutes. Try to think of something to do instead of smoking; you might chew gum or drink a glass of water.
* Buy one pack of cigarettes at a time. Switch to a brand of cigarettes you don't like.
devnty06

by Felixs » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi VJ,
You can start new life by getting rid of all those activities which you don't like.
Do consult a Dr and Psychiatrist.
If you are willing to leave bad habits and friends you can because this is a good sign you are having in yourself.
Felixs

by meganjo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:06 pm

No to drink and smoke...
take some measures to stop smoking, there are many natural methods available to quit smoking and also consult a GP before you take any steps.
meganjo

by Vickiee » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:16 pm

As we all know, cigarette smoking is not the healthiest option of a lifestyle however regardless of the matter a smoker should be respected for the choices they make. This now in, the electronic cigarette provides a healthier and safer way to smoke without the need to consume excessive amounts of smoke which is bad for the lungs. When smoking an e-cigarette, there is no actual smoke being produced as the liquid within the e-cigarette is vaporized. This means a solution to the concern of second hand smoking. This allows for a better experience to smoke around the non-smokers in your family without the need of being anti-social!
Vickiee

Previous                

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!