Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

101domain reviews / feedback - the worst company ever

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

101domain reviews / feedback - the worst company ever

by 101domain.in reviews » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:39 am

101domain.com / 101domain.in reviews

I recently used 101domain.in (101domain.com) - they are one and the same company. My experience with them in booking a domain has been a nightmare, and I am posting my review of my experience with 101domains.in/101domain.com here.

It's been 8 days now, my domain still doesn't work, and 101domain.in/101domain.com simply does not respond to support tickets. All my entreaties to them have fallen on deaf ears.

On the rare occasions that I do manage to get through to 101domain.in/101domain.com's support executives (they work fewer hours than a government company), they tell me either that they cannot do anything and that they have to wait for their technical team to do something (the technical team is in a diametrically opposite time zone), or that the problem is with my hosting service (which I have found almost exceptionally good for over 5 years now, which responds in 5 minutes, which hosts multiple domains on mine on various ccTLDs, which gets things done, and which has responded within 10 minutes to each of my posts on this issue).

For those more interested, these are posts on my ticket to them (there hasn't been a single response from 101domain.in/101domain.com's executives to this ticket at the time that I write this - 3 days since I created it):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post 1 on my ticket:

Hi,

Last week I had booked 2 domains from 101domain.in. Firstly, I finished up the process (including payment), got confirmatory emails that orders were generated and bills were created, and then discovered 2 days later that my order had not been processed at all. When I called, I was told that that was because apparently I did not provide a pincode.

That is an unexpected practice. A professional approach is to send me an email informing me of this, since you'd already sent me 2 emails for each domain that my order is being processed.

Secondly, my .de domain has not been working at all. It resolves to some German IP (the nameservers I had provided are both US IPs), and I have had several conversations and several email exchanges with your employee Rohit Sharma about this. He insists that there is a problem with my hosting service since he is not able to set the nameservers to what I gave.

My hosting service is LiquidWeb, I have been doing business with them for 5 years and have developed high regard for their technical skills, and I have corresponded with them extensively about this issue. I have forwarded their responses (multiple responses, all by Level 3 system administrators) to Rohit Sharma - essentially saying that there is nothing wrong with how the domains have been parked on their nameservers. I tend to believe them since I've had 15 domains parked there, several of them ccTLDs, and they always start working immediately, with no troubleshooting ever needed.

In addition, the control panel never seems to show any nameservers. As in, when I log in, click on Domains, and click the DNS button for a selected domain, the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS fields are both empty. They should be showing the nameservers that the domain is pointed to, right? One of my domains (a .ru) is fortunately resolving properly, but the control panel shows the fields for Primary DNS and Secondary DNS empty when I click on the DNS button for it.

I would expect things to move fast when I am having a serious issue like this, but Rohit insists that he is not a technical person, and that the technical staff will be available only Monday, US time (which is 12 hours behind Indian time). And that, by the way, does not necessarily mean they will respond immediately - that is just when they will report for work.

So I am stuck with

(1) no progress on a process that I initiated last Tuesday,
(2) a company that appears to have made some mistake in pointing my domain name to the nameservers that I want them pointed to,
(3) a company that cannot tell me what the exact problem is (the technicians at LiquidWeb have insisted multiple times for an exact error, and all Rohit could tell me is to "update the zonecheck" for the domains, something nobody at LiquidWeb seems to understand), and
(4) a company that does not have any technical staff available for 65 hours in a row when I need it most.

Add to this the fact that the numbers given (18001027337 and 01147654654) are mysteriously engaged most of the time - they are engaged as I write to you now, they were engaged for 3 hours in a row from about 3pm on Thursday (I raised a support ticket about this that Charu replied to saying she did not know how that happened), and they were engaged since 5:30pm yesterday till 8pm when I quit trying, after Rohit told me someone will still be available to take calls after he left at 5pm.

I am totally disappointed with my experience. I request you to get my .de domain pinging properly (it should ping to 69.16.253.227, which is the IP of my server at LiquidWeb, if the nameservers are set up to be the ones that I gave. More importantly, I want this to be done at the earliest, since I am way off my target for launch of this site.

Please resolve all the issues in this email - like I said I'd like to know why the fields for Primary DNS and Secondary DNS are empty when I click on the DNS button for any of my domains.

I look forward to your response.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post 2, 1 day later:

I am not sure if anyone has even read this ticket. Please respond to this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post 4, 3 days later:

I'm extremely surprised and angry that there is no response to this ticket despite my hankering about the urgency of the issue for a week now, sending umpteen emails (to your employee Rohit Sharma) over the last week and making innumerable calls. I simply do not know why you are so completely callous about my issue.

Your employee Rohit Sharma assured me last week, after my finally complaining bitterly of the inordinate delay in getting my domain operational, that the US office would get to work Monday and that it would then immediately respond to this issue, since they would not ignore his email to them stressing the urgency of this issue. It appears like his bubble has been burst and that you put him firmly in his place for making random assurances to unreasonable customers.

Your numbers on the website are *always* engaged for some reason. I tried last evening, I am trying now. You have extended vacations (I'm thinking you're enjoying Rakhi today) while your customers' business go down the toilet for having trusted you.

I request you to take your responsibilities a little more seriously and justify the money I paid you which is in turn feeding you.
101domain.in reviews

Re: 101domain reviews / feedback - the worst company ever

by 101domain user » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:10 am

here is my conversation with 101domain.com support:

Me: hello
Rodolfo: I hope you have a great day! Thank you for doing business with 101Domain!
Me: I have opened this ticket more than a week ago AND GOT NO REPLY AT ALLL, if you support Prestashop i shouldn't get in Prestashop this message:

Attention hosting provider uses suhosin patch for PHP, which limits the maximum number of forms that can be displayed in a form: 1000 for suhosin.post.max_vars.
1000 for suhosin.request.max_vars.
Ask your hosting provider to increase the suhosin post and request limit to 1318 minimum

Help me or i will move to another hosting

Reply to this Ticket
21 Nov 2012 14:57 UTC
Need to solve this problem

Attention hosting provider uses suhosin patch for PHP, which limits the maximum number of forms that can be displayed in a form: 1000 for suhosin.post.max_vars.
1000 for suhosin.request.max_vars.
Ask your hosting provider to increase the suhosin post and request limit to 1318 minimum
Rodolfo: One moment let me take a look
Rodolfo: Unfortunatly the value cannot be modified
Me: why?
Me: so how can i use prestashop??
Rodolfo: It is part of the server configuration
Me: so you support Prestashop, but i can't use it normally?
Me: i can use it only for 70% because you can't change something
Me: in server configuration
Me: it's just a value in a file that is needed to change
Rodolfo: I apologize for the inconvenience, the value is a part of the server configuration and cannot be modified.
Me: so Prestashop doesn't work normally with 101domans server configuration, is it right?
Me: so...
Rodolfo: Currently the setting cannot be modified, this might cause the error you are having. That is correct.
Me: ok, i will use our conversation to warn other people who use Prestashop
Rodolfo: Is there anything else I can assist you with at the moment?
Me: no thank you, you can send our conversation to your manager to analyze
Rodolfo: Will do
Me: thank you
Rodolfo: I hope you have a great day! Thank you for doing business with 101Domain!
101domain user

Re: 101domain reviews / feedback - the worst company ever

by pavan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Never bought a domain or hosting from them but its still better to choose a company which has a good support team and reviews.I normally use bigrock and godaddy.
pavan

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!