Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Your concerns about Hyderabad traffic

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Your concerns about Hyderabad traffic

by gigabyte » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:40 pm

too many types of vehicles, with very few people opting for public transport, or even car-pooling. as a result, there are clogged roads and clogged Hyderabadi air.
gigabyte

Re: Your concerns about Hyderabad traffic

by azeem khan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:36 pm

we should built many flyovers first a fall to decrease the traffic and turn the narrow main roads to just one way roada .. this will be the best possible way to decrese the hyderabads traffic ..
azeem khan

by monic » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:52 pm

hyderabad is all the things of a great city..we have all the amenities just the thing is the mentality of the people which makes it bad..we are careless about the traffic rules..we dont care abt the rules...we go in the wrong way at any time of the day..we go for triple rtiding..we dont get our vehicles pollution check...underage driving, breaking trafiic signals, parking in no parking zones etc the list is long..if we change everythin will change and it will become for convenient and easy...c;mon hyderabadis change yourself because change is always good !!
monic

by bhavin » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:35 pm

about hyd traffic,its totally different from any other city traffic,one has to drive to experince the way hyderabadis drive,no sign of following traffic rule they just follow in they own way.when told they start fighting witinin no second, what i feel bad is that everyone along with me follows this rule, as it has gone in to blood of hyderabadi...
bhavin

by AJITH » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:07 pm

well i have been been living in hyderabad from past 10 years.I saw hyderabad's change from a normal city to a super power city in the whole country....well in terms of traffic hyderabad standards did not improve much :-( .I think this is because of some rash driving by auto drivers and due to irresponsibility of some people who are not following the rules......I think this problem can be reduced to some extent by widening of roads,building more flyovers in densely areas like dilsuknagar,spreading awareness among public by police etc... SURELY IF ALL THE HYDERABADI'S FOLLOW ALL THE RULES AND IF THEY WANT TO IMPROVE THE STANDERS OF HYDERABAD TRAFFIC SURELY THEY CAN DO IT... :-)
AJITH

by haritha » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:24 pm

All the hyderabadi's can have SAFE AND SECURED journey on the road if some the things change in hyderabad traffic like rash driving on the roads,Drinking and driving on the roads,following the traffic signals,allowing heavy vehicles in the city in midnight,having C.C camaras at the traffic signals,improving parking facilities,and increasing the fine amounts... :-)
haritha

by ravi kumar » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Hyderabad's traffic can be improved in a big way if GHMC takes the pain to widen the roads,public start using the services of R.T.C and MMTS in a more efficient way ,traffic police should be harsh on those people who travel on the wrong side,who go tripels on two wheeler,who don't obey the traffic rules and it's government's responsibility to reduce Traffic police corruption and increase the number of overhead bridges in the city and establish information centers about the city and different routes in the city. if we can follow these rules then we can reduce traffic problems... :-)
ravi kumar

by saraventh » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:35 am

Hyderabad's traffic can be made safe and risk free if traffic police be harsh on the auto drivers who drive rashly and go in wrong way etc....and people should be aware of all the traffic rules,i wish to see a hyderabad with more number of flyovers,overhead bridges so that they can reduce the number of accidents and traffic jams.... :-)
saraventh

by Nadira Tyabji » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:24 am

Greater consideration for Others in the Traffic - necessary among Public, -Drivers plus pedestrians.

Adequate clearly demarked space

for walkers - a Must.
Nadira Tyabji

by Portuguese Man-of-War » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:25 am

Random rules. The road from Masab Tank X Roads (Paradise) to Lakdi-ka-Pul X Roads is one-way - a stretch of about 1.5km. Someone who wants to cross that road has to travel in that traffic, heat and pollution all the way to one extreme and head back.

Now, there is a small divider-less crossing under the Masab Tank flyover that encourages people to drive in the wrong direction in the stretch from Mahavir Hospital to there to cross over to the other side (my guess: about 10 persons per minute, or about 8,000 -10,000 persons per day).

The cops could easily block that, but they do not. Which means they understand the problem and look the other way. However, every afternoon, a cop stands there and takes pictures of people coming in the wrong direction. Why do that instead of blocking the thing altogether?

I went to the top officials and complained about this huge one-way stretch multiple times, but they just tut-tut, talk politely, and promise to look into it. They do everything except actually solve the problem.
Portuguese Man-of-War

by ahamed » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:07 pm

i dont knw wy every one s giving guidance to reduce the trafic in hyd,its good ofcource......,tell me hw many people following the trafic rules correctly????

to reduce trafic....

1.aware the people of signals n road discipline.

2.establish the signal system at junctions and maintain them.

3.establish speed boards to avoid accidents.

4.dont allow the illeagal parking on the roads.

5.dont allow the heavy vehicles like lories on the streets.

6.beside this maintain the pollution control.

despite of taking these primary steps any thig will not work on.
ahamed

Contest Winners

by fullhyd.com » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:40 pm

Thank you everyone for the passionate participation :) The contest has now been closed, though this thread is still open for the rest of Hyderabad to join in.

The following have been declared winners of this contest, and win 2 passes each to a movie at Prasads Imax:

ahamed
Nadira Tyabji
saraventh

Congratulations! You have been mailed the details of your passes.

Cheers
The fullhyd.com
fullhyd.com

by Reddy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:47 pm

Traffic Rules are well set for us.
But how many of us do follow.
How many of us have traffic discipline.
Today 26th april 2012, this happened at panjagutta flyover with me.

A man in his 40's in his maruti 800 green color DL 2CR 1469, was using his mobile phone while driving. I objected him for that. He started yelling at me for teaching him rules.
He wasnt following any rules n he was ashamed on being questioned by a 25 yr old.
He dint admit his mistake, rather started yelling.

That is how we are. What should be changed now? RULES or OURSELVES.

ROAD PEH IDIOTS KA KOI KAMI NAHI. Thats true.
Reddy

by Arshad » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Reddy wrote:A man in his 40's in his maruti 800 green color DL 2CR 1469, was using his mobile phone while driving. I objected him for that. He started yelling at me for teaching him rules.

But my dear - he was driving car with Delhi registration, so why he follows hyderabad traffic rules.... :lol: Kidding.... :wink:
Arshad

by Arshad » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Reddy wrote:ROAD PEH IDIOTS KA KOI KAMI NAHI. Thats true.

YES BOSSS - VERY TRUE
Arshad

by Gk » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:50 pm

A few things which should be implemented

1. Basic lane driving system for buses, four, two and there wheelers.
2. wide roads with basic footpaths.
3. Increase in public transport (RTC & MMTS)
4. Enough Zebra crossings
5. Increase traffic police personals
Gk

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!