Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Is the comedy in Telugu films better than in Tamil films?

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Re: Is the comedy in Telugu films better than in Tamil films?

by guru » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:40 am

no dudes.tamil film comedies are fr better than tekugu. tamil comedians like goundamani,senthil,vadivelu,vivek,santhanam are having great sense of humour and so our directors.comedies in shankar movies,selvaraghavan movies,are unmatched.
guru

by Ram » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:45 pm

s I agree with you...The current trend in tamil cinema is to make comedy to merge with the story of the movie where as in telugu the comedy tracks are separate and story moves separately.......... thus tamil comedy is better....More over I wish that full hyderabad doesnt start discussions which may cause regionalism or hatred towards a language or its industries or culture....You own a website and be a responsible citizensssss...........
Ram

by Madhur » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Each one each enjoy's there comedy in there own language... so both are better for both :D
Madhur

by Guru » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:19 pm

NO,Compare to Tamil Film comedy's in Telegu is not good,Still in telegu film Bramananda is one and only the comedian,But in Tamil Film industry is not like that Starting from Goundamani,vivake,vedivalu,santanam,Gangakurupu etc,its in numbers and Tamil stars are well known to Telegu audience,from telegu Cherengevi is the known star to Tamil audience.

In action,comedy in all thing Tamil film Industry is the best in India.........
Guru

by Asha22 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:19 am

My option is Tamil films. because Tamil industry has some extraordinary comedians in coundamani, senthil, vadivelu vivek, and santhanam... Coundamani and senthil combination comdiees are superhit for tamil movies...
Asha22

Re: Is the comedy in Telugu films better than in Tamil films

by Adarsh » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Definetely. The Telugu comedians are more natural in their acting, which makes the comedy even funnier. The very look of Brahmi's facial expression can make anyone laugh. Even a person who does not know Telugu can enjoy the comedy scenes. There is also less emphasis on slapstick puns.

In Tamil comedy, more emphasis is on the slapstick puns and cheesy punch lines, which may look funny to a first-time watcher, but can get extremely irritating afterward. It's extremely vulgar too, and cannot be enjoyed with families. Only Vivek and to a certain extent Santhanam make sensible comedy in Tamil.
Adarsh

by Adarsh » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:57 pm

Asha22 wrote:My option is Tamil films. because Tamil industry has some extraordinary comedians in coundamani, senthil, vadivelu vivek, and santhanam... Coundamani and senthil combination comdiees are superhit for tamil movies...

Looks like you haven't see Brahmi, Sunil, Ali, Vennela Kishore et.al. Their comedy is far funnier than any Tamil comedian. Senthil-Goundamani comedy is pathetic to say the least.
Adarsh

by mani » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:55 pm

certainley yes
mani

by kiran » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:34 pm

telugu best
kiran

by Akshay » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:36 pm

I just came across this topic while googling for some articles on Indian Cinema.

I am rather surprised that hyderabadis can resort to such posts in a forum that only majority hyderabadis respond to :roll:

Is there a need to resort to such posts to feel 'good' about your own Telugu Cinema?? Are you game enough to post such a question in a Tamil Cinema forum or a Tamilian website?? Will you be able to get a majority "Yes" or favourable answer to this question as to what the hyderabadis are doing here??!! Or is this question a reflection of how insecure the hyderabadis are feeling to the rising popularity of Tamil Cinema :?: :?:

Whoever is the Administrator of this forum who posted this question, he or she must feel ashamed for posting such a childish question!!

Well, google and find out who our Amir Khan's favourite comedian is! And I feel happy that such an established actor like him is admiring talents outside his own territory!! 8)
Akshay

by Portuguese Man-of-War » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:38 pm

@Akshay: Did not get your point. Are you saying that it is immoral to discuss if the comedy in Telugu films is better than in Tamil films? Or that discussing it on a Hyderabad site is immoral?
Portuguese Man-of-War

by Akshay » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:38 pm

@Portuguese Man-of-War: "Immoral" is not the right word to use here (or for that matter I did not use such a word in my earlier reply)!! Maybe to a certain extent, it is 'uncultured' to discuss a topic involving another state's cinema in a website where majority of the people are Hyderabadis!! If such a topic is discussed in a website that is neutral to everyone i.e. involving people from other states as well, then it is fine. Bottomline, discussing a topic to garner votes or appreciation in favour of their own state's cinema in comparison to another state, is SENSELESS!! This will only unnecessarily aggravate the feelings of others!!
Akshay

by SRINIVAS » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Telugu comedies are very old fashioned .... I have seen Telugu comedy in TVs ... I have felt as if i have gone to 1940s ...... such old types.... I like Tamil comedies....
SRINIVAS
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Mbcmen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Obviously... There is no other film industry like Tollywood having more number of comedy actors. Even there are more stars or heroes to do comedy in whole movie. Likewise, the upcoming movie "Pandavulu Pandavulu Tummeda" is also an out and out comedy film with multi-stars. Telugu heroes are always ready to do comedy films and entertain people with more comedy actors.
Mbcmen

by same Question » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:33 pm

which one's are better??.......
same Question

Previous                

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!