Saturday, 27 April 2024 »  Login
in

Queries about Hyderabad

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Queries about Hyderabad

by New Guy in the Town » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:59 am

Friends,
I am planning to move to Hyderabad with my family early next year. My office will be at a place called Pocharam and my wife's office is in the hitech city area. I have a daughter 2 years old. am looking to get answers to the following question -
* Is it too difficult to take hole near HiTech City Area and travel to Pocharam every day? If I drive, how much time should it take on each side?
* I heard from my friends that it's not difficult to get a furnished apartment in Hyderabad near hitech city. Could you suggest what are the good locations around hi-tech city and what should be a decent budget for a 3BHK apartment in a nice complex?
* Are there good schools near Hi-Tech City area? Some friends said that schools in hyderabad ask for very high capitation fees or donation. Is that true?
* How difficult or easy it is to arrange hindi-speaking domestic help or a baby sitter

Sorry if I am asking for too many things but I am sure you'll help me with the information. Yes, you are right - I am a bit nervous. :D
New Guy in the Town

Re: Queries about Hyderabad

by Hi » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi Friend,

No need to feel nervous, when you start living in Hyderabad everything will be allright. I'm native of Hyderabad and can help you out with your queries.

Are you talking about Pocharam which is after Uppal? If yes then its @35 kms from Hitech city. My office is also in Hitech City and you can get a house in and around Hitech city like in Gachibowli, Madhapur, Kondapur, Kukatpalli etc. But travelling from here to Pacharam takes @1-2 hrs and its tiresome unless you have a company bus. You will get a 2BHK flat for @15K and to get an idea you search in www.magicbricks.com

There are good schools around Hitech city and yes the fees will be high depending up on the school. That I guess the colleagues will help you out in finding a good school and also no problem in finding a baby sitter. Most of the ppl here speak Hindi so no problem in that.

My suggestion is...if your Mrs has a company bus, better you ppl stay near uppal as the cost of living will be less compared to Hitech City. Also you can easily travel to Pocharam. Or else stay in between which some what lessens your travelling distance as I'm sure travelling this route will eat up all your time.

sekharaj@gmail.com
Rajasekhar Akula.
Hi

Re: Queries about Hyderabad

by New Guy in the Town » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:05 am

Thank You, Rajasekhar for the info.
New Guy in the Town

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!