Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

TECHNOLOGY can help!

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

TECHNOLOGY can help!

by Women Safety » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:18 am

Tehelka!!! The status of women security in our country is not unknown. I would like to praise Indian media and their active role of bringing to notice the ground realities in front of government officials. There has been slight reduction in sexual assaults on women over the period of 5 years as described by National Crime Records Bureau but even a single case of a woman getting raped anywhere is one rape too many. The point here is what are we doing on personal level to make sure that we are safe? To make sure that we can avoid such a shame? To make sure our wives, mothers, daughters are safe? More importantly is there anything we can do?
Unfortunately, not even law can do anything before the crime is being committed, in this case before the rape is done. So the best possible solution is to somehow avoid getting into such a situation or God forbid if you are in such a situation get help as soon as possible. Avoiding such a situation in increasing complex work culture, increasing distances, high need for travelling is extremely difficult. This increases the need to be with someone who is near and dear to you so that you are safe and secured, if not physically at least virtually. The easiest solution is using technology effectively. Cell phones are the only equipment which connects easily and can help in personal safety. There are few must do’s with your cell phone to maintain personal safety during such a crisis:
 Keep your SOS numbers on speed dials.
 Be ready with your SOS messages.
 If you have a smart phone Safety app is installed and is properly working.
For those who don’t know what a safety app is, it is an app which allows you to send single or multiple alert to your pre saved contacts in case of an emergency. There are few apps available on internet and various mobile platforms for the same purpose. Mostly they are free and quite cool app. One such app is “EYEWATCH” it is pretty comprehensive app. It sends multiple signals in form of text messages, audio/video recording, GPS location to your near and dear ones. You can download it by SMS “EYEWATCH” to 53030. You can also search more apps online.
Find out your way to be secure. Don’t rely on external authorities to create a safe environment for you; rather you create your own. If you feel secure keeping a gun, knife, pepper, salt, an app just do it. Make sure you have mechanism that will update your closed ones in real time. They will be faster than any cop on the street.
Women Safety

Re: TECHNOLOGY can help!

by Palak » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:31 pm

I have tried this application..Its a pretty good application. It not only give cals & alerts to your near and dear ones but also gives audio recording & video recording so that ur family members or friends can know your condition when u r unsafe & can take appropriate & immediate action to protect u.I think every girl should have dis application installed on their phones so as to protect herself 4m crimes prevailing in this country.
Palak

by Bhawna » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:13 pm

I read above discussion. I am also concerned about my safety in Hyderabad. As all of you know Hyderabad is not considered safe for girls, girls should adopt various measures to protect themselves like carrying pepper with them or a small khife. These methods will provide protection only to a certain extent. But it will not give alerts to your parents or your friends regarding your unsafety. I came to know about Eyewatch application and when I google it I gained much information on this application.
Bhawna

by Harpreet kaur » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:09 pm

Yes, this application can help. Just download this application by sending SMS "EYEWATCH" to 53030. Now choose wisely your ERC (emergency response contact). Choose your close friends, family members who are trustworthy and will come to rescue.
Harpreet kaur

by Arshad » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:02 pm

Indeed.
Arshad

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!