Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Music Magic Telugu movie review

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Music Magic Telugu movie review

by jagadeeshchowdy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:10 pm

Music Magic – Real music, Real magic and Real movie !

Music Magic, the musical Telugu movie opened with some publicity and little fanfare along with 10 other small movies. It deserves to be in the big league. It should have released alongwith Athaarintiki Daaredi and Ramayya Vastaavayya. It lacks star pull, it does not have a love story, it does not have any violence and it does not have any vulgarity or sex. So what is there ? FULL Entertainment !
After a long time, I saw a real movie. It is moving in fact. After a long time, I heard real music and experienced real magic. I was mesmerized in fact. The movie has 12 songs (not 13 as they claim) and 5 songs on rock track and one amazing rapper! It has 4 classical songs, all melodious and 2 mass commercial movie songs.
What takes your breath away is simply the climax ! The song is aptly titled – Silence ! The entire movie is built around youth in an engineering college, following different tracks of music and off course different value sets in life. They have to gather together to participate in a music competition. The stars are fresh, young and energetic. Splendid ! They deserve full credit for their energy levels in almost pulling you out of your seats to join them on the screen. Well, I almost did until the guy next pulled me down to sit quietly !
My favorites are Freedom, Sten Gun (hip hop) and Silence. Though R U Ready is great not so great to listen, it is outstanding in the movie with the visuals combined. Don’t miss this for anything – must see in a movie theater. The small screen of the lap top cannot replace the experience in the theater. Theaters were perhaps built for movies like this – go experience the magic !
Lastly, the comedy track is just about good and not that great. It looks like an attempt to get more mass into the theater than a real need for some of those scenes, though they form the part of the story. The actors are good for debut. They did well with the songs, but the scenes were a little raw. The brief appearance of Thaagubothu Ramesh and that entire scene will surely have you in splits of laughter. As the director mentioned to Times of India, paisa double vasool.

Last recommendation – if you are youth, be sure to watch it with your friends. If you are school kid, watch it with your parents. Don’t mix it the other way round !
jagadeeshchowdy

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!