Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Living conditions in Hyderabad

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Living conditions in Hyderabad

by New in Hyderabad, need some information » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:48 am

Hello everyone
I'm very exited to visit India,, i have a training course in Hyderabad for a whole month in February2015
I have some questions about India in general and Hyderabad in particular :)
First of all i'm very very happy to visit India, this is my first visit to India
I would like to ask about the weather there in February , is it winter or spring or hot ?
What are the most important sightseeing places ?
how far Hyderabad from Newdelhi and Agra ?
Can i travel to see Taj Mahl in one day ?
what kind of food is there ? Living conditions in Hyderabad
and the last question is it expensive? how mush money i need to live for a month ?

Thank you very much
New in Hyderabad, need some information

Re: Living conditions in Hyderabad

by Portuguese Man-of-War » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:25 am

Hey there

Welcome to Hyderabad. February in Hyderabad is pretty pleasant - kind of like spring. For places to visit in Hyderabad, click here:

http://www.fullhyderabad.com/locations- ... -38-r.html

As for Delhi and Agra, they're about 30 hours by train and 2 hours by flight. You can travel to Taj Mahal in a day if you fly there and back (i. e. not by train or bus).

There's a lot of food varieties in Hyderabad - street food (plenty of it) to all kinds of cuisine if you have the money. Hard to say what you'll like without knowing where you are from.

As for living conditions, Hyderabad is a pretty safe place. Where and how you'd live would depend a lot on where your course is being held, whether you're male or female, and what your budget is.

Again, "expensive" would depend on who you are and where you are from. And how much money you need to live here for a month, on much of the above information. I'd guess for a male, a budget of Rs. 15,000-20,000 is good for a month if you're willing to share accommodation (not including your travel plans. though). Cheers!
Portuguese Man-of-War

by hyderabad visit » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:07 pm

hi do visit hyderabad tis is chandu cal on 7386644603
hyderabad visit

by thanks » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Portuguese Man-of-War wrote:Hey there
As for Delhi and Agra, they're about 30 hours by train and 2 hours by flight. You can travel to Taj Mahal in a day if you fly there and back (i. e. not by train or bus).

Can i please ask about how much it costs to fly to Taj Mahal ??

Portuguese Man-of-War wrote:Where and how you'd live would depend a lot on where your course is being held, whether you're male or female, and what your budget is.

I'm from Amman - Jordan, 28 female, the course well be hold in an institute in Bandlaguda,Near Nagole.
Accommodation well be covered by the company, so i need shopping and eating budget :D

Really can't thank you enough for answering me ... Many thanks :D
thanks

by Portuguese Man-of-War » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:13 pm

Can i please ask about how much it costs to fly to Taj Mahal ??

You are unlikely to get flights directly to the Taj Mahal, but you can fly to Agra, in which city the Taj Mahal is located :D. You're perhaps looking at INR 9000 from Hyderabad to Agra and back by flight, if you book early enough - as you know, prices can get more expensive the closer to the travel date you book. Agra does not always have direct flights from Hyderabad, so you'd take about 6 hours (the flight will make a stopover at Delhi first).

i need shopping and eating budget :D

I have been a remarkably poor judge in the past of how much money women need to shop :D. If you let me know, however, what you intend to buy, I can offer at least an estimate of the lower end.

Food might cost Rs. 200 a day if you are vegetarian, on a budget, and are okay with take-out. I'd recommend take-out from what are referred to as "messes" here. Amman, Jordan, sounds like non-vegetarian to me, so add some 30-40% to the estimate above if that is true. There are certain ideas good for women from the point of view of safety, and we can discuss those when you are about to leave for here - Feb is far away :).
Portuguese Man-of-War

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!