Thursday, 9 May 2024 »  Login
in

Is our education making leaders

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by Hari C Prasad » Mon Dec 24, 2001 12:30 am

I believe the present formal education system is reactive and producing (knowledge) wokers. How to make it proactive and make education system as wholistic learning expereince and which prepares kids as Global Leaders.
Hari C Prasad

by secular indian » Fri Dec 28, 2001 12:30 am

The first step is to produce teachers who will encourage creativity and original thinking in the children. This means making changes to teacher training programmes.
secular indian

by Hari C Prasad » Sat Dec 29, 2001 12:30 am

I certainly agree. As you said we need creative, original teachers. Who are supposed to be leaders in teaching and mentoring youngsters as leaders. But the same system is producing the present teachers. They consider it as a work. But we need teachers who got passion to teach, so how to identiffy those teachers and group them for community advancement?
Hari C Prasad

by Monseiur » Sat Dec 29, 2001 12:30 am

Identifying such teachers is pretty difficult. But such enthu teachers themselves should form a gruop and interact on regular basis. With this the current scenario prevaling will be apprised, hence helping each to take corrective/wise decisions, directly helping children to bear the fruits.

Monseiur
Monseiur

by Hari C Prasad » Thu Jan 03, 2002 12:30 am

That\'s correct. So it is the creation of community and networking of enthusiastic teachers is very important. Here wehnwe say teachers not literally the academic teachers, teachers who can teach how to be succesful in life and who can make the children and young adults to realize their goals, dreams and help them to make a plan to achieve them. We need to come out with a program which is not relacement of the existing educational system but which can complement in the weak areas of learning such as, creativity, problem sofving, self-esteem, organizing, inter-personal skills etc. We need to findout the teachers, from the community and provide a platform and encourage them to share their knowledge and expereinces, for the benefit of youngsters and to guide them to achieve their goals.
Hari C Prasad

by Rama Krishna » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:30 am

Iam not sure if our education system produces knowledgable individuals or not. But it surely does produce SLAVES for West.
Rama Krishna

by Prasad » Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:30 am

Our education system is much much better when you compare it with the west.All we need is more of a systematic way to enable positive results.After coming to USA i felt our education standards are the best.I would always like to educate my kids in india rather than in USA.
Prasad

by Hari C Prasad » Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:30 am

Iam not saying our education system is bad. What I am trying to convey is how can we make it \"Great\". We are reacting to the demands in western employment market and creating workers. Take the case of IITs/IIMs who are getting best education (subsidised)from India and coming to USA and content with working as programmers. Is that what we expected from our Best of Best institutes? As you mentioned, Prasad, to me certainly there is a weakness in the system, that is what we want to address. Giveing faith to try what you want to do rather than doing it for money. Let us give our youngsters the courage to dream and tolls to realize those dreams. Let them realize monetary gains alone not the right yard stick for success. Excellance, Creativity, building something which lasts, few of the things which as everyone knows brings ultimate joy and satisfaction.
Hari C Prasad

by kanta rao » Fri Jan 11, 2002 12:30 am

people without education and people who can handle bhed bakris and cows can make good leaders in india...look at bihar for example!!!!
kanta rao

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!