Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

old school ppls!!!!!

If they're from Hyderabad, they're bound to be coming here. Look inside for that old buddy or crush, or post a message!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

old school ppls!!!!!

by amita » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:44 am

hey anyone from taraporewala montessori....remember the good ol montessori days........
amita

Re: old school ppls!!!!!

by CtrlAltDel » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:45 am

amita wrote:hey anyone from taraporewala montessori....remember the good ol montessori days........
if u r my Kindergarten Girlfriend, then i am from that school :P
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by amita » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:48 am

CtrlAltDel wrote:
amita wrote:hey anyone from taraporewala montessori....remember the good ol montessori days........
if u r my Kindergarten Girlfriend, then i am from that school :P

that is cool which batch ru from?
amita

by CtrlAltDel » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:50 am

amita wrote:that is cool which batch ru from?
hey...i was only tryiong to flirt with u...(btw, thats my prerogative, as a Deccan Deity)...i am not from there...:lol:

sorry to disappoint u....
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by ZC » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:51 am

i read that tapore-wala :roll: :roll:

then i read, re-read and re-read again and still read it tapore-wala

finally read it correctly tara-pore-wala :roll: :roll: :roll:
ZEE: the Colossus
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by wildhydgirl-amita » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:53 am

lol.....tapore-wala wonderin wat my ol princi wud say to that......hahaha......
wildhydgirl-amita

by Johnny » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:37 pm

Where is this taraporewala Montessori?? :?: :roll:
Smoking helps to reduce weight, a LUNG at a time.
http://nemesis.fullhydblogs.com
Johnny
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Adonis » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:49 pm

well did little search on good old google ...it was in nampally ...i dont think its there any more !!because ..

HYDERABAD Sept. 22(2003). It is going to be another day of mourning for heritage aficionados in Hyderabad, with the loss of two more prominent landmarks -- Adil Alaw Mansion popular as Taraporewala Montessori School building in Nampally area and the typical European facade of Musheerabad Jail. Both of them figure in heritage buildings listed for conservation under zoning regulations.

What is shocking in both cases, is the dubious role played by the Government, which even while ordering obliteration of whatever little is left of heritage, wants everyone to believe that it is making a "strong bid" for the UNESCO's World Heritage City status for Hyderabad. The impending demolition of the magnificent heritage award winning mansion and the way Musheerabad Jail office was razed to the ground goes on to expose the Government's commitment towards city's rich built heritage and its claim of promoting "heritage tourism."

The Government, it is reliably learnt, recently granted permission for deletion of the School building from the official heritage list, after the application for the same was rejected twice by the Heritage Conservation Committee. The first of its kind deletion, to be formalised after a notification, would effectively mean pulling down the building. The Taraporewalas' contention had been that the building has become unsafe for children studying there after a part of it had "collapsed in rain." The only way was to demolish the remaining part and raise a new cement concrete structure.

But the HCC turned down the plea, in view of the heritage value of the building. A team of engineers and architects too felt the building was safe; the collapsed portion could be restored to its original glory and reused. Having failed to get the HCC's nod, the applicants seem to have now successfully lobbied with the Government.

The Indo-European style bungalow built in 1920 at one time, belonged to the Rani of Gadwal. Recognised as one of the most important building typifying this style in Hyderabad other than the expansive Residency, it had a massive portico, a classical facade with semicircular arches and windows with overhanging sunshades. A little indiscretion by the Government and all these architectural features are to be lost forever.

The case of the Musheerabad Jail office is much more tragic. It was in August 2001, S. K. Sukumura, the then Director General of Police, Prisons and currently the DGP, wrote to the Hyderabad Urban Development Authority to include this portion of the jail for conservation possibly for its re-adaptation as a prison museum. It was referred to the HCC and at its 29th meeting, the proposal was approved and a Government Order issued in September last year. Barely a year later, the other Government department, Tourism, pulls down the listed heritage building perhaps for another of those fancy commercial projects. So much for the Government's avowed policy of making all departments work in tandem for boosting tourism especially woven round heritage.
Adonis

by Stingrae » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:55 pm

i KNEW KNEW it was YOU!

:?

ur other post bout movies was soooooo typically ur language....

Welcome to d boards ammu. :roll:

btw: old school means conservative or steeped-in-tradition....dat title is misleading.....but as its started by a gal....it'll go a loooong way i'm guessin.... :roll:
I know I'm in there somewhere, and if I don't come out with my hands up, I'm going to go in there and get me!
http://payne.fullhydblogs.com
Stingrae
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by romu » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:52 pm

Stingrae wrote:.dat title is misleading.....but as its started by a gal....it'll go a loooong way i'm guessin.... :roll:

RIte u are stingrae (baap)......me entered expecting to find a board full of a "hot girls high school" girls :wink: :D
"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'" -Homer Simpson
romu

by Stingrae » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:59 pm

romu wrote:
Stingrae wrote:.dat title is misleading.....but as its started by a gal....it'll go a loooong way i'm guessin.... :roll:

RIte u are stingrae (baap)......me entered expecting to find a board full of a "hot girls high school" girls :wink: :D

ya beta...kya karey....all misleadin titles nowadays...:?
I know I'm in there somewhere, and if I don't come out with my hands up, I'm going to go in there and get me!
http://payne.fullhydblogs.com
Stingrae
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by sudheendra » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:02 am

Hi , I am from motessori too. was there for the formative years of life. name is sudheendra. are you talking about that montessori school in domalguda? my mom was a teacher there..Jayashree..

if that is the school, then get in touch with me and my mom....98854-69191
sudheendra

by CtrlAltDel » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:51 pm

sudheendra wrote:my mom was a teacher there..Jayashree..
...get in touch with me and my mom....98854-69191
:roll: god...what do we do with these n00bs.....:evil:

they constantly break my rule#17
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by azazel » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:56 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote: they constantly break my rule#17

hey, i thot it was #14 .. but neway, aapne kisko fone kiya .. mummy ya beti?? :?
nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram non veni pacem
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

taraporewala montessori

by Aditya » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:09 pm

Hi,

I was in Taraporewala, when it was at Gadwal Rani Bunglow, Nampally. I was in Justen Environment. I still remember the Jungle Gym, the Badam tree, the 'Gol-Round', Ms Taraporewala (both of them), Ms Parveen, Ms Shariff, Umesh Gangakhedkar, Pratima Giri, among others.

I had a great time there.
Aditya

by ruths » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:47 pm

i am. when it moved to Gadwal Palace.
ruths

by hum_tum » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi there. Good Morning. I came across this site by accident. Anyways anyone from 1974-1977 batch. I am looking for Bhavesh or pallavi or Babita or Zia anybody from that batch?
hum_tum

Return to Find Classmates / Old Friends