Thursday, 25 April 2024 »  Login
in

Anyone from Bharitya Vidya Bhavan, Jubilee Hills?

If they're from Hyderabad, they're bound to be coming here. Look inside for that old buddy or crush, or post a message!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by Lucifer » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:58 am

Ah, the sweet smell of memories!
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

Re: Hmmm....

by Jim.... » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:52 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Jim.... wrote:Ummm... Which year were you at BVBPS, Jubilee Hills man? I passed outa 12'th in '99. :)

Now why don't I recall you? I passed out of 10th in 1997. That means we should have been in the same batch. Or did you join Bhavan's only for 11th and 12th? :? :?:

I joined in 10'th 1997 and left after 12'th in 1999.... What's your name again? Mine was Siddhartha Acharya. Still is actually! :lol:

I was in Section 'E'. :wink:
If there's one thing I'd rather be, It would be <b>ME</b>

<b>My Blog!!</b>
Jim....

by Lucifer » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:56 pm

Hmmm... no wonder I do not recall you. You joined the year I passed out. Can't even recall hearing a name like yours... Though you might have heard mine a lot! :D Pick the most often heard name of the pass out of 1997... Might be mine!
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

Aah! My take!!

by Jim.... » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:02 am

Lucifer wrote:
CtrlAltDel wrote:i remember the name as well as a vague face...but forgot the subject.....Science, was it?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
You remember Jack! She is a Hindi teacher.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Gawd, talk about old memories. lol!

Nivi used to be class teacher of my class. I remember how the guys would all swoon over her. I think she used to drop her pallu on purpose. :)

Bhavani taught me Hindi. She was'nt really all that bad. I was terrible at Hindi and well, She was the personification of the very devil from hell in those days. :)

Suchi (aka suchirita) taught me Physics in class 10 too. Some of us began calling her "cachundar" toward the end. :)

Kalpaka Maam: By far my favourite. She taught us English and boy! did I look forward to those clases or what!

I'm forgetting names already. :(

Class XI and XII,

Rama Varnasi (aka RV {aka Rambo}) Was my class teacher and she taught me Physics.

Bulldog (aka I forget now) used to teach us English. I always finished our homework for the next day while she was dictating the questions. :o)

Sexy (Shashikala) used to teach us Math, I did'nt like her much, but the guys seemed to find her rather appealing. :|

Sowmya (aka Sowmya) used to teach us Computers. I liked her for the sole reason that I liked computers. :)

Prasad used to teach us Chemistry. Great guy that! He's now working with the Forensics department of police. :) bless that man. :)

I met ramadevi the other day. She's putting on the years like crazy. Actually, all of them are ageing like crazy. :( I'll miss em....

Kaydeeyoh!

<b>My Blog!!</b>
Jim....

by Jim.... » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:04 am

Lucifer wrote:Hmmm... no wonder I do not recall you. You joined the year I passed out. Can't even recall hearing a name like yours... Though you might have heard mine a lot! :D Pick the most often heard name of the pass out of 1997... Might be mine!

lol! They never mentioned the names of 10'th quiters. lol!

j/k!

Hmmm... I really dun remember... is it Karthik by any chance? :shock:

<b>My Blog!!</b>
Jim....

by Lucifer » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:09 am

Of all people you could think of you took Karthik's name! When his name is not even that - people just use to call him that for no apparent reason. And, FYI, there is no 12th grade in Bhavan's Jubilee Hills anymore.

BTW, who taught you math? Sexykala?
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Jim.... » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:21 am

Lucifer wrote:Of all people you could think of you took Karthik's name! When his name is not even that - people just use to call him that for no apparent reason. And, FYI, there is no 12th grade in Bhavan's Jubilee Hills anymore.

BTW, who taught you math? Sexykala?

If that's not his name, what's yours? :) Heh! Yeah, I know, no relation....

Strange, Ramadevi never mentioned to me that they'd stopped XII'th class when I met her last. NEways, I'll be visiting again soon....

Yesh, Sexykala indeed. lol! :) We had this huge fat female teaching us Math in X'th, I don't remember her name anymore.... She used to remind me of a pressure cooker. lol!

<b>My Blog!!</b>
Jim....

by Lucifer » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:22 am

Jim, you forgot Sexykala's name? How could you? Her name is Shashikala. She is the Vice Principal now.
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Jim.... » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:29 am

Lucifer wrote:Jim, you forgot Sexykala's name? How could you? Her name is Shashikala. She is the Vice Principal now.

angiasaa wrote:Sexy (Shashikala) used to teach us Math, I did'nt like her much, but the guys seemed to find her rather appealing.

I did'nt forget her name, Check the verbose message up top, I mentioned her there.... :)

<b>My Blog!!</b>
Jim....

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:37 am

akhilis2cool wrote:yess kumud teacher....she taught us hindi and sanskrit.
us too! do u have any info abt her whereabouts now? i'd like to contact her if possible (PM me any info)
akhilis2cool wrote:vineet...wasnt he the one who sent Amitabh Bachchan a letter when the AB met with an accident during Coolie? he also got a reply :D
yes!
akhilis2cool wrote:Mrs Thakur taught maths...her son was in netherlands...i guess she is there now.
her son's Akhil i think...he was my brother's classmate
akhilis2cool wrote:do u remember Oak teacher? she taught hindi....
Anjana Oak? she used to teach us Painting i think....:?
akhilis2cool wrote:...dharma rao the peon...
in my time it was one Bikshapati...
akhilis2cool wrote:daniel sir was the admin officer...
i remember the name but not the face.
akhilis2cool wrote:maheshwari ma`m, zaida ma`m taught the KG students..
they still teaching KG???? :shock: promotion nahin mila kya unko? :?
when i left King Koti branch for Jubilee Hills, there was a PT teacher called Rani...u know her? there was a fat dance teacher and a funny man teaching music, whom we used to make fun of...:D....forgot his name...
akhilis2cool wrote:my cousins...shashank and madhuri studied in BVB Jubilee hills..they were abt....3-4 years juniors to ya
they might not know or remember me....but ask them if they recollect the guy who led the Karate demo team on sports day in 1987 (or 86?)....dats me 8)
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

Re: Aah! My take!!

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:45 am

Jim.... wrote:Nivi used to be class teacher of my class. I remember how the guys would all swoon over her. I think she used to drop her pallu on purpose. :)
:lol: she was my first crush....:D :oops:
Jim.... wrote:Bhavani taught me Hindi. She was'nt really all that bad.
i remember her now!
Jim.... wrote:Kalpaka Maam: By far my favourite. She taught us English and boy! did I look forward to those clases or what!
she never taught us...Mrs. Gowri taught us english...a great lady...was she around in yr days?
Jim.... wrote:Rama Varnasi (aka RV {aka Rambo})
WOW! that name after so many years! i used to hate her coz i was bad in physics....:D
Jim.... wrote:Sexy (Shashikala) used to teach us Math, I did'nt like her much, but the guys seemed to find her rather appealing. :|
i remember a shashikala but dont remember anybody being fascinated by her...:roll:...
Jim.... wrote:I'll miss em....
mee too....:(....i wanna visit that school now.....

btw, when i was there, the campus was located near Jubilee Hills Check Post....where Jubilee Hills club stands now. i heard the new campus is awesome...seen it frm outside once...
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Jim.... » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:34 am

CtrlAltDel wrote:
Jim.... wrote:Kalpaka Maam: By far my favourite. She taught us English and boy! did I look forward to those clases or what!
she never taught us...Mrs. Gowri taught us english...a great lady...was she around in yr days?

Nope, if she was still teaching, I might have seen her. I certainly don't recall the name, so I guess she'd already left by then.... greener pastures and all. :)

CtrlAltDel wrote:
Jim.... wrote:I'll miss em....
mee too....:(....i wanna visit that school now.....

If you're still in town, perhaps we could drop in on a saturday or something.... I think they still have school working days on saturday:?:

CtrlAltDel wrote:btw, when i was there, the campus was located near Jubilee Hills Check Post....where Jubilee Hills club stands now. i heard the new campus is awesome...seen it frm outside once...

We studied at the new campus only. I never knew there was an old campus till about eight months into class X. lol! :) The new campus is located right next to Jubilee Hills Public School (aka: JHPS). It's virtually a stones throw away from Apollo Hospital. :)

<b>My Blog!!</b>
Jim....

by akhilis2cool » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:52 am

CtrlAltDel wrote:when i left King Koti branch for Jubilee Hills, there was a PT teacher called Rani...u know her? there was a fat dance teacher and a funny man teaching music, whom we used to make fun of...:D....forgot his name...

Yes i remember Rani teacher...she was damn strict...and the fat dance teacher too....maan those dance classes used to b really funny....and that music teacher...the budda...then used to come on a hero honda....dont remember his name though...and yess Oak teacher used to teach us painting...not hindi. do u remember who taught u maths...other than thakur teacher? there was manohar rao sir...the way he used to slap and cane us...he was a real terror.
CtrlAltDel wrote:they might not know or remember me....but ask them if they recollect the guy who led the Karate demo team on sports day in 1987 (or 86?)....dats me 8)
i sure will
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:15 pm

Jim.... wrote:If you're still in town, perhaps we could drop in on a saturday or something.... I think they still have school working days on saturday:?:
yes we should do it one day...all old bhavanites. is there an alumini association? btw, i read somewhere the BVB, Jubiliee Hills has a new web site. do u know the url?
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:22 pm

akhilis2cool wrote:Yes i remember Rani teacher...she was damn strict...
she caned me once and made me run around the ground coz i was trying to avoid the drills n marchpast :D. yes, when i was there, the auditorium was not built and we had a huge play ground. that reminds me...if the ayamma u know were around in my time, she wud remmebr a boy whose wrists were pricked by glass pieces in some bushes in the play ground, there was heavy bleeding and rumours went around that it was a snake bite...that was me...8)...ask her abt it if u meet her.
akhilis2cool wrote:do u remember who taught u maths...other than thakur teacher?
no, i dont. Mrs Thakur taught my brother's class and her daughter was my brother's classmate too.
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Lucifer » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:54 pm

I guess among all members of FHDBs, I am the only one who has had the pleasure of studying both at the old and the new campus of Bhavan's Jubilee Hills. If you ask me, the old one had a charm that the new one can never hope to match. But, the new one has amazing facilites - cricket ground, football field, tennis court, basketball court, volley ball court, athletics track, kho kho court, table tennis facitlies... phew!

And Jim, you forgot Bulldog's name! She is Mrs. Shashi Sharma. Am I the only one who has a photographic memory here? I don't blame CAD for forgetting - he is too old (nothing personal against you) - but Jim? You passed out two years later!
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Lucifer » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:57 pm

And, FYI, this is the Bhavan's website:

http://www.bvbpsjh.com/
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Lucifer » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:11 pm

And one more thing, Jim. Does your keyboard have a faulty 'a' key? You spelt Bharatiya as 'Bharitya' and Sucharita as 'Suchirita'? You ok?
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:29 pm

Lucifer wrote:And, FYI, this is the Bhavan's website:

http://www.bvbpsjh.com/
thanQ yaar...u made my day!

(i will overlook the crack abt my age)
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by akhilis2cool » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:18 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:
akhilis2cool wrote:Yes i remember Rani teacher...she was damn strict...
when i was there, the auditorium was not built and we had a huge play ground.

the auditorium was not there till i was in 2-3 standard.....but yes u were lucky to have a really huge pla grnd. BTW do u remember seeing an old man ...i guess he was one of the correspondents of the school...he looked very much like LK Advaani :lol:
CtrlAltDel wrote:that reminds me...if the ayamma u know were around in my time, she wud remmebr a boy whose wrists were pricked by glass
will have to check dat out 8) [/quote]
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

Oh Boy!! :o)

by Jim.... » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:18 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:
Jim.... wrote:If you're still in town, perhaps we could drop in on a saturday or something.... I think they still have school working days on saturday:?:
yes we should do it one day...all old bhavanites. is there an alumini association? btw, i read somewhere the BVB, Jubiliee Hills has a new web site. do u know the url?

Where are you located now? Still in Hyderabad or elsewhere? We certainly must round up our minions and forge a path to the school to take a little interest and ofcourse, a verbose dekho at what all's been happening there since each of us moved out. :)

this is the current website. Though I must say, it's falls a tad short of my expectations. :(

About an Alumini association, I'm not really sure, but I am very certain about our batch. We were among the last to pass out of XII'th and well, we're the only ones who keep in touch.

Many of us are spread around the planet now, but we have an e-group to handle all our communications. Those of us who are still in town or who have come back (like myself) have meets every so often at coffee pubs and other hangouts....

Lucifer wrote:And Jim, you forgot Bulldog's name! She is Mrs. Shashi Sharma. Am I the only one who has a photographic memory here? I don't blame CAD for forgetting - he is too old (nothing personal against you) - but Jim? You passed out two years later!

Oh yeah, Shashi Sharma, Thanks for the flashback. lol! True, I passed out two years later, but both of us are different individuals, we do most, if not everything, differently.... And well, Names have always been a problem with me. Besides, what's in a name? I remember people, I remember faces, but names are just a reference to me, nothing more, sometimes less. :?

I've done a lot more with my life than most people in this country can manage in a lifetime. And that justifies my problem with names very generously. Ofcourse, that's only my outlook and I don't say you're wrong or anything. I only wish i was as gifted as you.... Boy, what I could have done with a photographic memory! :roll:

Lucifer wrote:And one more thing, Jim. Does your keyboard have a faulty 'a' key? You spelt Bharatiya as 'Bharitya' and Sucharita as 'Suchirita'? You ok?

Hmmm.... You got me there buddy, No real excuse for those mistakes. But here's my justification NEways.... I'm very bad at spelling indian names, places and words.... For that matter, I might add that I'm simply atrocious at any kind of spelling. Call me cixelsid, but that's just how I am. :( It's always pulled me down throughout my life. My spellings as well as my ability of forget names.... Yuk! :oops:

Where are you located BTW? In Hyd or roaming the globe?

<b>My Blog!!</b>
Jim....

Re: Oh Boy!! :o)

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:48 pm

Jim.... wrote:Where are you located now? Still in Hyderabad or elsewhere? We certainly must round up our minions and forge a path to the school to take a little interest and ofcourse, a verbose dekho at what all's been happening there since each of us moved out. :)
i am very much in hydbad....and yes....we have to visit the school once...

if u look at the website theres an emailid to register ourself as an old student. i am going to do that.
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:50 pm

akhilis2cool wrote:do u remember seeing an old man ...i guess he was one of the correspondents of the school...he looked very much like LK Advaani :lol:
ya...i vaguely rememebr an old man like that...dunno his name name or designation. do u remember Sadiq Ali...he was the registrar i think...always immaculate in a sherwani....
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by akhilis2cool » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:13 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:
akhilis2cool wrote:do u remember seeing an old man ...i guess he was one of the correspondents of the school...he looked very much like LK Advaani :lol:
ya...i vaguely rememebr an old man like that...dunno his name name or designation. do u remember Sadiq Ali...he was the registrar i think...always immaculate in a sherwani....
no :( may b he left before i joined....

where did u guys used to have ur morning prayers???? we used to have it in the basement....one good thing abt BVB was that when ever it rained a lot during the nights...they used to give a holiday the next day 8) and another good thing was that there were no seperate rowas for boys and girls.....we used to sit in row with girls and boys taking alternate seats

didnt see it in any other places i have studied
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:23 pm

akhilis2cool wrote:where did u guys used to have ur morning prayers????
on the play ground...remember theer was no auditorium then...
akhilis2cool wrote:...one good thing abt BVB was that when ever it rained a lot during the nights...they used to give a holiday the next day
WOW! we didnt have that luxury..:(
akhilis2cool wrote:another good thing was that there were no seperate rowas for boys and girls.....we used to sit in row with girls and boys taking alternate seats
ya...a good system....develops healthy respect for opposite sex....
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

PreviousNext      

Return to Find Classmates / Old Friends