Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Peoples High School, Ashok Nagar/HimayatNagar

If they're from Hyderabad, they're bound to be coming here. Look inside for that old buddy or crush, or post a message!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by Murali » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:25 am

Hi,
I was from the (1969-1974' batch from 10B Section, roll # 14 Peoples High School,HimayatNagar/Ashoknagar. Currently in NC working at a Major Bank in Charlotte.Anyone from the batch. I know our class was pretty notorious and I was leader for our gang thats the eaisest way to remember classmates, aint it. I'll try and refrest my memory abt the school, the people common to all the sections would be the school leader was Umender Kumar till 1974, heart throbe Sabita, Kathyani, bhavani patel huh others who might be granny's by now Renuka,Jayalakshmi,bhagyalakshmi,Hemalatha huh couple of more I dont remember their names,. I am touch with D.Hari,Bharadwaj (son of OU Vice Chancellor) Vemana (Srikanth) Md Saleem,SC David,D Krishna. Our class teacher was shameem pretty female during those days our schoool used to be in Himayat Nagar later if I recollect we moved to Ashok Nagar premises somewhere in 1971-72, The strictest teacher was Mrs. Satyavathi who too is retired and Expired, ofcourse principal Rajamani was terrible and complicated, she made me write imposition several times for petty reasons. And my favourite teacher was Jaganadha Rao sir in reality all of them.Our PT sir was
Silver and then Narayana Reddy, pricipal Rajamani and Revathy Rani, Lalitha madam (lady Amitabh)Kalyani madam, Well guys i would love to be touch with the rest of my batch mates.Dunno if u guys remember me the name is Murali. Keep in touch
Last edited by duggaraju_mm on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murali

old time sake

by krishna prasad » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:35 am

:D hey gr8 2 find u though my senior by 6 yrs .. v belong 2 same Alma mater.. Satyavathi teacher's daughter was my senior or of my batch..

I passed out in 1980... yup i remember Principal rajamani(very fussy) Vice princi revathi rani, telugu sir Jaganath rao... Feel nostalgic good 2 c u senior... incidently i was also 10 b section when i passed out ... sounds ?????
krishna prasad

Re: Peoples High School, Ashok Nagar/HimayatNagar

by krishna prasad » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:50 am

sounds like voice frm the past
krishna prasad

Junior

by hari » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:21 am

Well.. I am little Jr. to you guys. I graduated 10th in 1993. I remember almost all the teachers, as I usually visit school when ever I make a trip to India. Well many of the teachers who taught us are more working there. Its always a nostaligic feelign to visit the school.

It was nice to see there is some one from my school. I am creating a community forum in http://www.orkut.com for our school. I am looking for a picture of the school if possible?... Please post it here of any of you have it.

More to come soon
hari

HELLO HARI

by AMAR » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:24 pm

Hi hari,

I hope u remember me...im ur class mate...10B [telugu medium]

this is amarendar reddy from ramanthapur..i hope u got me...i think ur dad was working in RAMANTHAPUR tv studio...wher we all our friends went once...

Im i correct...get intouch..how about our friends...nagendar, nagaraju, ravi goud...venkat...etc...
AMAR

I am from 1983 batch --peoples high school Ashokanagar

by Rama devi » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:49 am

Guys,

I belong to 10th A from the same school , I miss my classmates. Good luch with ur quest-
Rama devi

by Looking for lost friends » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:29 am

hi guys,

i also belong to 10 B telugu medium, passed out in 1989, our class teacher was Sukhwani madam, we went to her house during Daserah for Saraswathi pooja, we had loads of fun, she actually cooked food for the whole class, such a wonderful teacher, i have never met any one like her after... i was given special preference by her, becoz i used to sing songs, my name is Dhiraj, if any one remembers me then please contact me through orkut my id in orkut is Dhiraj Barla i am also member of peoples high school community in orkut. I went to school and met Adilakshmi, Saraswathi mam in 2003.
Looking for lost friends

Hi Pals /Batch of 1978/ PHS/ Ashoknagar

by Giridhar » Mon May 19, 2008 10:24 am

Hi guys. I belong to the XA group 1978 batch of People's HS Ashok nagar.

We passed out exactly thirty years ago and all of my classmates must be happily married and spread around the world. How time flies ! I belong to the batch which was fortunate to have some of the best teachers..Malini, Kalyani, Satyavati, Annapurna,Uma Parlikar. I feel each one is great. They had the power to sow the seeds oflearning in each one of us. I remember with gratitude Malini teacher who struggled to read out math problems from sambamurthi book in telugu to guide us thru..she is an exceptionally committed teacher. Except for Principal Rajamani who behaved obnoxiouly and that erratic PT Teacher Bhaskar Bannabas who was a nuisance, the entire school with its limited resouces no campus, no trees ,was still a haven.

I recall our class achieved cent percent results in SSC. How perfect was the farewell gives by our juniors..as my classmates Bashratullah and Krishnamohan sang the Sholay hit ..yeh dosti, tears rolled down my cheeks as I helplessly gulped down the cupof Joy ice-cream. Those three years 8th to 10 th, I spent there gave me a untold joy. The only sad part of the school was it lacked in talent building and sports nurturing.

I remember my class mates with affection. There were Ashok (who is an entrpreneur).Bharadwaj(who went to Tampa), Ramana, Dattatreya, Sarathy, Chinna, Prasad Ry,GopalKrishna,Sudhakar. Bashrat and TRamakrishana were my old classmates from St Xaviers. The only person whom I am in touch with is Sainath Reddy who is also in Blore like me and is into well established business. I was in touch with Sumanth for a long time after school (we studied journalism in OU together). What about the girls..there were Ramadevi, Minakshi, Satyavani, Bhanumati. I recall metting most of school mates in Kannaprasad"s wedding during 1986-87. I am sure some of them must have become captains of industry and into high-profile jobs. I happened to meet Anil Valluri who is CTO of Sun Microsystems.

Others, speak up whereever you are. I really feel like meeting all u guys.
Giridhar

by Vijay » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:46 pm

Hi All,

Our school is celebrating it's golden jubilee (50Yrs) and all our teachers are to be felicitated at this function. The function is to be held on 16-Nov-2008. (I got to know on 11-Nov).

Please get in touch with the organizer @ +91 9348680077 (one of our old student from 1984). All are invited. (Venue and other details with organizer).

Vijay (1986)

PS - Last week schoolmates (satyanarayana, poorna) from 1974 turned up to meet the teachers and help with organizing the function.
Vijay

by Vijay » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:47 pm

>:d< Hi All,

Our school is celebrating it's golden jubilee (50Yrs) and all our teachers are to be felicitated at this function. The function is to be held on 16-Nov-2008. (I got to know on 11-Nov).

Please get in touch with the organizer @ +91 9348680077 (one of our old students from 1984). All are invited. (Venue and other details with organizer).

Vijay (1986)
Vijay

by Bhanu Prakash Darbha » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:35 am

Hello there
Great to see some information on our school which celelberated 50 Years last year. I happened to search today by chance in google with our school name and i found this discussion forum. I studied in the school from 1972 to 1977. I am from 10th C section Telugu Medium passed out in 1977. I still have the photograph from the Xth class Any one out there who can contact me.

Bhanu
Bhanu Prakash Darbha

by Upasana » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Hello!

I passed out year 10 in 1979 from Ashoke Nagar. I joined the Himayat Nagar branch in 1968 in Upper KG. It was lovely to read all the names of the old teachers. My favorite teacher was Lalita teacher (Maths). I remember Malini teacher and all the others mentioned in the previous posts.

My brother Peeyush/Ajay passed out in 1975.

I don't remember my section , but I did English medium and had taken composite maths.

We were only 7 girls in our class, Myself, Nalini, Nandini, Rajeswari, Annapurna, Smitha and Radhika.

It would be lovely to be in touch with others from the school and of course my match.

Cheers
Upasana
Upasana

by Upasana » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Hello!

I passed out year 10 in 1979 from Ashoke Nagar. I joined the Himayat Nagar branch in 1968 in Upper KG. It was lovely to read all the names of the old teachers. My favorite teacher was Lalita teacher (Maths). I remember Malini teacher and all the others mentioned in the previous posts.

My brother Peeyush/Ajay passed out in 1975.

I don't remember my section , but I did English medium and had taken composite maths.

We were only 7 girls in our class, Myself, Nalini, Nandini, Rajeswari, Annapurna, Smitha and Radhika.

It would be lovely to be in touch with others from the school and of course my match.

Cheers
Upasana
Upasana

by Murali Again » Fri May 15, 2009 12:16 am

Hi Everyone,

Its nice to see several junior and senior peoples high school friends, 2008 Nov I was in hyderabad and I was fortunate to visit Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan to attend our Peoples High School Golden Jublee Celebrations.

I had the opportunity to felicitate, meet and share my school time events for which I was punished and appreciated at times as well. I could meet all the following:

Rajamani (Principal)
Revathy Rani (Vice Principal and Principal)
Sujatha Prasad
Kalyani (zoology)
Sharma Sir (Telugu)
Reddy (School Office Cashier)
Shankar (Office Peon, the one who is mostly seen in khakhi pant or white pant)
Bhudaley Sir (he used to Teach Hindi for us at 5,6th classes)
Shanti Pawar (she used to teach Hindi for higher classes)
Subba rao (office peon)

I had the opportunity to meet my classmates: Ashok, Sunil, K Satyanarayana, Hari and many more juniors and seniors and kept meeting them and partying till I left to USA.

I could not see the following teachers who really played important role in shaping us all:

Malini (who moved to kerala for good with her husband)
Lalitha (No idea where she is)
Sathyathi (she is no more)
Kanthamma (No idea)

Anyways folks stay in touch and I can be reached on my yahoo email : duggaraju_mm@yahoo.com
for any information that might interest you all.

Good wishes to All
Murali Again

by SATISH VVN » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:06 pm

hi guys,

My name is VVN SATISH .i also belong to 10 A telugu medium, passed out in 1986, our class teacher was Sukhwani madam.

My class mates are:
Vijay,praveen kuamr,Sachindrahanath, Prabhakar,Ch.Satayanaraya,Rangineeni madhavi,Manikyaba( class first), Rama Devi, Sridevi and many more.

whenever i visit india i will take sometime try to meet all the teachers. Revathi rani was social teacher at that time and vise prinicipal as well.

Presently i am in canada workign as a ORACLE DBA.
I miss my class mates and school too. any one of my bathch or from that school can reach me at
venkatav_s@yahoo.com or in ORKUT .. U CAN SEARHC FOR SATISHVEMURI12.

Miss u friends..
V V N SATISH
SATISH VVN

by K.K. Balasubramaniam (Bala) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:59 pm

Dear Friends,

I am from batch which completed SSC in 1971. Joined the school in 1966 (6th class to 10th).

Madam Rajamani was VP While Surabhi N was principal.

Apart from the teachers indicated by Murali below, we also had Murthy Sir teaching English. We also had a telugu as well as Hindi teachers during classes earlier to 10th.

Apart from my class mate S. R Bhardwaj, I am yet to establish touch with others. This forum is fantastic.

Other juniors like dobbu Radhakrishna, Vishnu, Srinivas are in touch. Would appreciate, if any other friends from 1971 batch 10th class contact me

Indeed, good to remember teachers (especially old ones) who taught us -- because of which we are all in this position today.

Do contact. My ID is balulata@gmail.com

Bala
K.K. Balasubramaniam (Bala)

by Murali M Duggaraju » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:31 am

Hi,

I remember Dobbu Radha Krishna who used to live opp to ashoknagar water tank, then you must be knowing Kerala (his name is also Radha I beleive) although you guys are senior to us I remember them all since I used to live in ashok nagar during 1969-1975, I passed out from peoples high school in 1974 and am in touch with almost all my classmates, can you beleive that I found them all one by one and when ever I visit India certainly we will have a party time.

anyways my friend stay in touch and let me know if I can get my schoool photographs from any sources, I was in 10B 1969-1974, I only know rajamani as our principal and earlier names were surpirse to me, then you much be knowing silver sir who was our PT master.

anyways keep updating this site with any info that you have.
Murali M Duggaraju

by Murali M Duggaraju » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:36 am

Hey guys,

no emails from anyone, sounds like all PHS students have become busy and no time to send emails huh, anyways guys keep in touch that matters and thats how we can meet all our old pals right, we all have seen the world and now lets see our own childhood friends.

I am blessed to meet all my classmates almost except few and I will make a point to find them out and get connected though, I met my childhood friends Dr samba siva rao who is a scientist in florida, Dr Bharadwaj who is professor, Dr Adminarayana Reddy who is a scientist, Dr Timma Reddy and many more.

take care and stay in touch folks.

good wishes and regards to all.

Murali M Duggaraju
Peoples High School
Xth B 1974
Roll No: 14
Ashoknagar

thats how I want to be recognized as.
Murali M Duggaraju

by mpkumar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:21 pm

I am from the batch that passed out in 1974. Do get in touch!
mpkumar

by mpkumar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:23 pm

[quote="Murali"][b]Hi,
I was from the (1969-1974' batch from 10B Section, roll # 14 Peoples High School,HimayatNagar/Ashoknagar. Currently in NC working at a Major Bank in Charlotte.Anyone from the batch. I know our class was pretty notorious and I was leader for our gang thats the eaisest way to remember classmates, aint it. I'll try and refrest my memory abt the school, the people common to all the sections would be the school leader was Umender Kumar till 1974, heart throbe Sabita, Kathyani, bhavani patel huh others who might be granny's by now Renuka,Jayalakshmi,bhagyalakshmi,Hemalatha huh couple of more I dont remember their names,. I am touch with D.Hari,Bharadwaj (son of OU Vice Chancellor) Vemana (Srikanth) Md Saleem,SC David,D Krishna. Our class teacher was shameem pretty female during those days our schoool used to be in Himayat Nagar later if I recollect we moved to Ashok Nagar premises somewhere in 1971-72, The strictest teacher was Mrs. Satyavathi who too is retired and Expired, ofcourse principal Rajamani was terrible and complicated, she made me write imposition several times for petty reasons. And my favourite teacher was Jaganadha Rao sir in reality all of them.Our PT sir was[/b] Silver and then Narayana Reddy, pricipal Rajamani and Revathy Rani, Lalitha madam (lady Amitabh)Kalyani madam, Well guys i would love to be touch with the rest of my batch mates.Dunno if u guys remember me the name is Murali. Keep in touch[/quote]
Hi! I am from the '74 batch. Not sure if my name rings a bell but do get in touch!
mpkumar

by Kalyan Chakravarthy 1986 batch » Wed May 05, 2010 9:29 pm

High all,
nice see the chat, i have two of my classmates sathish and vijay responded to this post. its quite nostalgic to recollect all those glorious school days. i think every year people's school is conducting silver jubilee (25 years after passing 10th). our turn should be in 2011. eagerly waiting and in that process i want to gather people from my batch. friends please respond to this post and help me in reuniting our batch

yours loving friend kalyan
Kalyan Chakravarthy 1986 batch

by SRNAGARAJAN » Fri May 07, 2010 9:03 pm

Passed out 10th in 1973
principal Mrs Rajamani
other teachers
Mrs Malini , science/maths
Mrs kalyani Science
mrs Lalitha matha
Mrs suseela prasad English
Mrs Sathyawathi Social Sciences
Mr Buddhale hindi
MR Jagannath Rao Telugu

friends Circle Subramanyam
Suryanarayana
Venkatachalam
Sudhakar
Ramdas (s/o Sathyawathi teacher)
Maruthi Ram
and scores of others

presently I am manager Syndicate Bank Chennai

Contact email srn1309@rediffmail.com

with regds to all alumni

S R Nagarajan SPL for two years
SRNAGARAJAN

by syed mohammed rafi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:52 am

hello everyone

i am from 1986 batch from 10B section can any one from my batch please get in touch.

i am working as a detail designer for a steel contractor in newyork and resident in edison,new jersey

principal- rajamani madam
vice principal- ravati rani madam

some of my classmates

aleemuddin
abdul mujeeb
shashi kumar
c.babita, shashi kumar cousin
vara prashad
uday kumar(resident at mehta towers)
sandeep kapse
uma devi
tahira begum
syed mohammed rafi

by kavitha » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:00 am

Hi All,

I am from 1991 10th pass out batch.
Nice to read reg the old batch of the the school.
Currently i think suryakumari is the principal.
suseela prasad teacher is doing good.
no idea abt other teacher but heard that Adi laxmi is no more one who was teaching social studies. school has not chagned much.
Malini teachers sciecne and maths were excellent and sukhavani gari telugu classes were
interesting.
what else jagannadhar rao sir is doing good.
this is the knowledge of the teachers i have .

All other people school students please update with more news of the school which will cherish the school days and our teacher who were instrumental in shaping us to this day.
Currenlty in Houston USA on project work from my company.

kavitha
kavitha

by Achutan Kutty-1999 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi All,

I am Achutan Kutty, from 1999 batch. I still remember all those fun-filled days of my school. I joined Peoples in 1994 and all the 5 years, I have enjoyed it to the maximum, thanks to my friends, and also to some extent the teachers.
Till 9th , I was the first in the class, and after that Santhosh came to our class. i was in 10th A English Medium.

Adilaksmi teacher used to be very close to me. She treated me like a son. We were very attached to each other. But she is not with us now. Apart from Adilakshmi teacher, Revathi Rani used to support us a lot. We were scared of Subba Rao, as he used to beat us up without any reason.

Some of the teachers, who taught us:

Sampath Kumar/Malini - Maths
Adilakhmi/Valli/Shailaja - English/Social Studies
Kalyani - Physics
Surya kumari - Biology
Shanthi Mam - Hindi
Vijay Ram Reddy - Telugu (He was our class teacher since 7th)

Some of my friends of 1999 batch:

Amarnath(with whom I am still in touch with)
Prashant, Naresh (we used to call him Kareesh Baba), Sharath, Y Ramesh, Sudhakar(Suman, He is no more), Hari, Rajendra, Pavan, Rajasekhar, Santhosh, Dinesh Kumar Shah, Srikanth, KanakaRaju, Vijay etc...And coming to girls, Ramya, Sirisha, Padmavathi, Dorcus, Shilpa, Sri Lalitha, Kalpana, Vandana etc....

I had a nice time in school, and I can never forget the memories......
Achutan Kutty-1999

Next         

Return to Find Classmates / Old Friends