Saturday, 27 April 2024 »  Login
in

NRI mocks Indian law, refuses to save daughter

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by bornhyderabadi » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:18 pm

By Omer Farooq in Hyderabad:
<br>
<br>
Almost a week after a Hyderabad court issued a non-bailable warrant to a NRI husband, the city police is yet to arrest one of the three accused present in Hyderabad.
<br>
<br>
Even as Sanyogita Reddy is scurrying from hospital to hospital to save the life of her leukemia-affected daughter, the police said that they were in the process of approaching the Interpol for getting Sanyogita\'s husband Narayan Reddy alias Navin extradited from the USA.
<br>
<br>
Sanyogita wants her husband back in Hyderabad to donate his bone marrow to their daughter. But indifferent to all these happenings, Navin seems to be enjoying himself and mocking at the Indian law.
<br>
<br>
In a latest email sent to his wife from the US, Navin has taunted her that non-bailable warrants were not going to make any difference to him.
<br>
<br>
The 22nd Metropolitan Magistrate K Shailaja had issued non-bailable warrants against Navin, his mother Tara Reddy and uncle Indrakiran Reddy on August 22.
<br>
<br>
While Navin and his mother are in the US, the former additional superintendent of police Indrakiran Reddy is very much in Hyderabad.
<br>
<br>
But when asked why the uncle was not arrested, police Inspector Pandu Nayak said that he too had gone underground. \"We are looking for him,\" he assured.
<br>
<br>
The Deputy Commissioner of Police (North Zone) M V Ramchandra Raju said that the CB CID would be writing to Interpol to bring Narayan Reddy to India.
<br>
<br>
\"Our priority is to bring the accused number 1 and when he is here to stand the trial, we will also arrest the accused number three Indrakiran Reddy,\" he said.
<br>
<br>
But Sanyogita is pleading for the early arrest of Indrakiran Reddy to pressurise Navin to come back. \"This is the only way we can force him to come and only way to save the life of my daughter,\" she said.
<br>
<br>
In the email sent to his wife on August 24, Navin wrote that if there was no baby, there will be no relation between them.
<br>
<br>
\"With respect to the baby, you think that you can blackmail me by using her health? Well the clear cut thing is, if there is no baby, there is no relation, and no relation means, your headache is gone forever.\"
<br>
<br>
\"You could never deport me. And yes, if you use this email, I shall create a hundred in your name too, and who knows, may be I have too, and yep one more thing,\" the mail read. (The exact uncorrected excerpts from the mail).
<br>
<br>
In an ominous warning to Sanyogita, Navin asked her to be careful while walking on the roads. \"I am concerned you know PRETTY DARLING, the baby may slip,\" he wrote.
<br>
<br>
Meanwhile, not willing to wait any more for her husband, Sanyogita is now trying to get a visa for Germany where she has found a willing and matching donor for the bone marrow for her baby Shreya.
bornhyderabadi

by bornhyderabadi » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:21 pm

This scoundrel is from Hyderabad. How disgraceful! If anyone finds him in the US kick him all the way to India.
bornhyderabadi

by murali » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:53 pm

HI bornhyderabad,
<br>
<br>
I would be too happy to assist this innocent baby with my bone marrow. I can certainly donate. Please let me know the procedure. If requried I can give you my email id.
<br>
<br>
I mean it. Please reply soon.
murali

by bornhyderabadi » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:29 pm

Hey Murali, thanks for your kind gesture, but I am sorry I don\'t have any more information on this. I came across this article on the sify website.
<br>
Here is a link to one more article on this issue.
<br>
<br>
\"http://headlines.sify.com/2514news5.html?headline=Software~engineer~fights~NRI~hubby~over~kid\'s~life\"
<br>
<br>
Hope it helps. I am trying to get some more information. If I find any thing I will post it on this board.
<br>
<br>
Thanks.
bornhyderabadi

by jaswant » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:20 pm

That guy should be publicly beaten on the streets of Hyderabad.
jaswant

by murali » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:47 pm

Jaswant please give me the first chance to fist him to the blue.
<br>
<br>
I am prepared to donate my bone marrow if it\'s going to suit the child, but unfortunately I do not have their contact.
murali

by bornhyderabadi » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:34 pm

Hey guys, I did not get to hear more about what happened after that. I hope the kid got the right donor as her mother was planning to go abroad for this. I am sure with wishes from well wishers like you she will recover completly. Let\'s all wish her a fast and safe recovery.
<br>
<br>
And, yes, add me to the list of guys who would like to thrash this stupid guy who caused so much trouble to an innocent kid.
bornhyderabadi

by mayavi morpheus » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:00 am

Murali, Indian laws do not allow anyone other than relatives to donate bone marrow (I dunno if it\'s the law or not, but the docs generally do not accept marrow from anyone other than relatives). It\'s only after all relatives willing to donate are tested, do they accept marrow from others.
<br>
<br>
Before anyone blames the docs we need to understand that this is to avoid medical complications after surgery. The docs play it safe as they are the first one to be the target of public ire in case of a failed operation.
<br>
<br>
This happened to my friend. She didn\'t find suitable donors amongst relatives. But by Gods grace she was cured with chemo.
May the Fries be with you!
mayavi morpheus

Here is the Real truth of Sanyogita Reddy a FRAUD and Crimin

by Yo » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:54 am

http://sify.com/news/politics/fullstory.php?id=13366342

NRI wife held for duping Andhra techies

By Omer Farooq in Hyderabad

Wednesday, 21 January , 2004, 10:01

Sanyogita Reddy, a software engineer, who had won the sympathy of the media and lakhs of people across the country with her heart-rending story of a callous NRI husband ditching her and his dying baby girl, has been arrested by the police on charges of cheating.

Kushaiguda police arrested the 30-year-old woman on charges of cheating 50 software engineers to the tune of Rs 40 lakh on the false promise of getting them jobs in the US.

Police said that Sanyogita had posed as the representative of a California-based IT company CPU Tech and had even got the letterheads of the company printed. Police said she took money from several graduates aspiring to go to the US and provided them with fake travelling documents.

According to Sub-Inspector Ravi Chandan, one of the graduates, Y Satish Varma, who was cheated by Sanyogita, said that she had taken him and four others to the US Consulate in Chennai.

However, she took only one of them inside the Consulate and came back to say that the work was done. But the young men did not get their visas.

They had paid Sanyogita Rs 5.2 lakhs for H1 Visas. The police recovered 45 passports from Sanyogita's house in Kushaiguda.

Sanyogita Reddy, had hit the headlines last year when she had complained to the police that her US-based husband D Narayan Reddy alias Navin had deserted her and her infant daughter who was suffering from leukemia. A local court had issued a non-bailable warrant against her husband and other in-laws, but it could not be executed as Reddy and his mother had left for the US.

Sanyogita had also taken her story to the media in a bid to bring her husband back to donate his bone marrow in order to save the life of the child.

Even after the arrest, Sanyogita repeated her story and told the police that she had tried to collect the money for the bone marrow transplant abroad. The baby is alive but her condition is not good and now she is being taken care of by Sanyogita's mother.
Yo

Re: NRI mocks Indian law, refuses to save daughter

by Sloggy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:59 pm

This scoundrel is from Hyderabad. How disgraceful! If anyone finds him in the US kick him all the way to India.
Sloggy

Return to Local Problems/Issues