Wednesday, 8 May 2024 »  Login
in

Senseless IDIOTS!!!

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Senseless IDIOTS!!!

by MM » Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:31 pm

Hyderabad, Oct. 17. Three policemen sustained minor injuries and the window panes of two buses were broken in a stone-throwing incident near Mecca masjid in the Old City.
<br>
<br>
Some youngsters, while coming out from the mosque after completing noon prayers, pelted stones at the policemen on bandobust duty at Charminar bus-stop.
<br>
<br>
The Hussainialam Inspector, Dhanunjay and SI, Ali, suffered injuries. The policemen, led by Charminar Inspector, Ramchandran, chased the mob till Moghalpura fire-station. The youth continued to hurl stones damaging the window panes of two buses there.
<br>
<br>
Additional forces were immediately rushed to the spot and the situation was brought under control in a few minutes. The South Zone DCP, Harish Kumar Guptha, directed that the pickets posted at all sensitive points be continued till late in the night.
MM

Senseless IDIOTS!!!

by Fiddler » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:12 pm

The questions that arise are: a) To who does \'senseless idiots\' refer? b) Why did these \'youngsters start the said stone-throwing in the first place? and c)Why did this incident turn into such a huge fuss? These questions need answering before any sort of opinion can be formed. Of course, opinions can be formed regardless, but I\'d like to think I\'m one of those who require as much info as possible before I judge a situation.
'Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum!'
Fiddler

Senseless IDIOTS!!!

by YN » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:35 pm

Fiddler, what you say is interesting, but do you agree that whatever the reason these youths had, it could have been resolved by throwing stones at people or property? Do you get what you want by doing this?
<br>
<br>
I know to get heard you have to make an impact, but I don\'t agree that by harming anyone you make a point, there are other ways to voice your opinions.
YN

Senseless IDIOTS!!!

by ZC » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:41 pm

Fiddler, what is that question? Who are the idiots? Did you think MM meant \"police are idiots\"??? O:).
ZEE: the Colossus
ZC

Senseless IDIOTS!!!

by Fiddler » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:45 pm

YN, I\'m not condoning the stone throwing. Senseless violence is something I\'m disgusted by. What I meant was that MM hadn\'t specified why the stone-throwing started. Either there was a provocation of sorts, or they just didn\'t like policemen. My meaning was that, before one forms an opinion, one should try and gather as many facts as possible.
Fiddler

Senseless IDIOTS!!!

by Fiddler » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:49 pm

Just trying to make things as clear as possible, ZC :). I think most Hyderabadis would not disagree with the possibility of the police being \'senseless idiots\' :)). The easiest assumption to make here is that \'senseless idiots\' describes the stone-throwers. However, if the policemen present acted in their usual annoyingly authoritatrian fashion, THEY might as well have been the \'senseless idiots\' in this case :). Think about it.
Fiddler

Senseless IDIOTS!!!

by ZC » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:51 pm

I think most Hyderabadis would not disagree with the possibility of the police being \'senseless idiots\' :)). Ha ha ha ha! Good one, man. Ha ha ha ha.
ZEE: the Colossus
ZC

Return to Local Problems/Issues