Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

A confused city that Hyderabad is!

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Do u agree with my pal?

Yes
30%
No
33%
Its just one side of the argument
37%

Total votes : 27

A confused city that Hyderabad is!

by vivek » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:51 pm

Hyderabad is in my blood. The irani chai, bada goldflake and the pottis! All this has such an impact on me that its hard to live away from Hyderabad. However, a few days ago a new friend of mine almost convinced me that Hyderabad is really not such a good city to live, even compared to Bangalore or Mumbai ( with a population 4 times of hyd). Heres an abstract of my conversation with him...

My pal ( MP) : So how years in hyd

Me : 15+ years.. you?

Mp : 10 months and I have already started to hate

Me: why would that be … puff puff

Mp : puff puffffff .. hmm people are ‘take it easy type’ man.. that’s the bitch

Me : That’s kinda true.. but then every city is like that .. I mean bang and Mumbai are almost the same

Mp : FO.. dude..Bangalore rocks. People have some sense there. They just don’t drive like crazy. Here even educated people break rules.. I mean what the F@#$ is that??

Me : Hm…. Puf puff…

Mp : I mean look man.. it’s a simple thing.. u have this IT shit going on… tons of call centers and investment.. u have F#$%in Microsoft’s largest offshore base, u gonna have google running shortly…ICICI knowledge park, ISB, IICT, NIN, CCMB,FICCI,GE and all that and still the city is dull. Puffff… …. Wanna light one more..??

Me : Ya sure… but what did u mean by ‘dull’

Mp : look man… it’s the common man;s attitude that sucks..the entire system is a flop here. Ur CM is like hero launching all these cool schemes of Eseva, single window bill payment system and all that and still things move slow..i mean look.. its one thing not having enuf water to supply and its totally another thing of not being able to supply because of bad town planning…puffffff

Me : how can u be sure…

Mp: look… the habitable area of Hyd is lesser than Bangalore.. and in terms of water supply u have 7 different sources to supply water to the city.. out of them atleast 4 are usually up to a level where water supply can be maintained.. the rest which are almost empty can be used as back up…but then we still have areas like banjara hills declared drought hit…. Puff..

( for those who don’t know… the stretch from Banjara hills to Hitch city was declared drought hit. even though water supply was maintained)

Bangalore has lesser water than u guys have… even then.. there is no bias..

Me : Bias…??..

Mp : Ya bias… where do u think banjara hills, Hitech city got water from??… they were pumped into the locality because of these IT firms and in places like Gandhi agar where I took a flat.. no F&*^in water for 2 days..?? and tank bund like 2 Kms away…besides if there is so much shortage as these guys claim, how do u have the tanker on demand service?

Me : Dude… tank bund has industrial affluent.. not for drinking water pumping!!

Mp : Oh!… still.. and then.. power cuts… I mean we had like scheduled power cuts of 2 hours each day which every damn day used to get extended for 4 hours…on a Sunday afternoon can u believe that!..

Me : Ya that I know…

Mp : U know… still these is no resistance man… that’s the problem. I mean look… whats the use of using IT if the basic efficiency of the system is not improved. I go to the APSEB counter to complain that our meter was faulty and he shamelessly asked 450 bucks for dusherra bakhsheesh.. and ur CM wanted a turn around time of 48 hours for user complaints.. get out of here!!!

Me : Yup… heard that one before…

Mp : Look at ur pollution levels. Every day NDTV shows sulphur dioxide levels and suspended particle matter density as the highest in the entire f%^&in country… u know why.. cause u guys have only like 7% of the city’s area for roads and then… there are no alternate roads to reach a place… a traffic jam and we all are F%^&ed. Added to that u guys don’t wanna follow rules and with that u don’t even wanna wear helmets. How can one get impressed with a city like this.. I have no clue.

Me : Then how do u explain the recent surge of investments…?

Mp: Dude… if u provide incentives to investors.. they will come running. Nothing stops GE,HSBC to set up bases in jaipur or any other place. Its ur government that’s giving land at dirt cheap rates, cutting down processing time.. so that they have a gala time investing. Now when government can function so cool with investors… why the f$%^ don’t they behave like that with the very people who voted them in the first place?. Atleast ur naidu used to maintain hyd city well… this new guy.. whats his name??

Me : YS….

Mp : ya .. rajashekar… this guy is not even doing that!. Look at ur roads macha… how the F%$& can the MCH dig up important roads and do a piss poor job in covering it up!…do u guys have the luxury of alternative roads??NO…then why are the people here keeping quite. Had this case been in Calcutta, the people would have burned buses by now..

Me : Hmm… I know

Mp: Why do u guys need ordinary buses, expresses buses, veera buses and added to that autos and freaking seven seaters…?? And then that kutti setwin??..all converge at a same point to create havoc. Why do u need so many variants of the same type of transports? What is the purpose severed? Whats the point the APSRTC is trying to make?

Me : Hmm…and that MMTS

Mp: Oh that’s the worst part. U wanted 25000 guys to use that each day and only 5000 people at the max use it!. That’s a classic case of lousy planning

Me : I know that was bad….

Mp : If a new guy wants to learn driving… he has to practice for years before driving here right??

Me : probably.

Mp : So tell me.. where is this city standing today? Is it a good place for retired guys.. no? Is it a good place to working professionals? Yes… but not the best. Is it a good place for people expecting better life style and comfort? NO Is it the IT capital? No Is it the least polluted city ? NO Does this city have government that understands what the city needs… no?

Me : I know where u r going…

Mp: Also pubs close at 11pm… and one freaking multiplex that has made hyderabadies forget the older theatres… what a mad crowd there man…dude it’s a polluted badly planned and managed city

Me : I don’t have enuf data to validate whatever u have said… but some of it is true man… but look its kinda common to every other city. What Hyd has is a kind of comfort zone for people looking for prosperity with low cost of living. This city is very under priced. Regarding the investments, its not just cheap real estate. its also about the manpower. At any time we have more than 1 lakh graduates in this city and nearby areas. they are quickly employable. unlike in the north. And..

Mp : Dude, I know its your city..but why is it that u guys have been paying the highest price for cylinder,petrol,kerosene and bus fares in the entire country..somewhere something is wrong man and that showing up in the city and its people..
http://www.wiredbeats.com - Download Attitude for Free!

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by ycr007 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:54 pm

Long Time no see Vivek.....Busy with the maverix?

Well,you have put forth a compelling argument No doubt.In Fact this Friend of yours has indeed stated the real true-blue facts which may escape the eyes of the Local Hyderabadi.Since I am no Hyderabadi I feel that if i were to argue abt the local issues,I would have raised the same issues.You have mentioned that this friend of yours has stayed in Hyd for around 10 months.Well,I am here since a little over four months and Believe me I have thought abt most of the issues that ur friend has raised.But in most of the cases the solution has become clearer to me when i ponder over it for a while.

Maybe its because of the different viewpoints.No two persons can see anything in the exact similar manner,so while an outsider may feel some aspect of the day-to-day life as Ridiculous,a Hyderabadi will brush it off as being Normal in every sense of the world.

The last time I visited Hyderabad was two years ago and a lot has changed since then.Notable among them being the traffic.Well,every hyderabadi will acknowledge that the Traffic in the city is utter chaos.While most of the local people will take it in their stride,you'll find that more often than not,the ones whining abt it are the newcomers.It is pretty demanding for those new to the hyderabadi traffic to become enstrangled in the mess that is the Hyderabadi traffic.Most of the people will say that there is no adequate planning to ease the traffic problem.but will not think that there is no scope for further widening of the roads or building flyovers.

Moreover,the traffic problem is more or less confined to the busy areas like Ameerpet,Begumpet,Punjagutta,Banjara hills n the ilk.True there are chaos and messes elsewhere also but the crux of the problem is in these areas. And what makes it even worse that there is no alternate in sight either.Just Imagine what the scenario would be,say,like ten years from now on!!! But instead of repeating the same old problem let me offer a solution.I don't think that it is the right one but i could'nt come up with any better one.I feel that de-structurization i.e reducing the influx of commercialization into these areas would ease the pressure somewhat.All these areas are prominent commercial Hubs.And to even dismantle it is unthinkable.But what the Govt. can do is to negate any further growth of shopping complexes or malls in these areas.I know this isn't the right solution but *Shrugs*

Coming to the buses problem,even if there are Four types/classes of buses,not one will be found empty,particularly in the busy times.The reason I feel is that the working population is scattered far n wide over the city but the workspaces are all situated in a centralised cluster.I can't spell out the geographic layout here but it can be understood better when I tell u that everyday about 400-500 people from Patancheru area commute to Koti-Abids area.And this numbers are only from one single area.Secondly,more than 50% of the Passengers of Local Buses are Students who commute to their colleges n Institutes.In this case both the students and the Colleges n Institutes are spread far and wide.Hence the choc-a-bloc buses.To the issue regarding Diff classes of buses,that would be probably to cash in on the diff strata of society.When society can have stratas like BPL,Poor,Middle-Class,Upper Middle-Class Rich,Filthy Rich etc. whatz the problem in Buses having them???

If we compare with Bangalore,AFAIK all the diff working areas are well defined and spread out....Markets/Plazas are at MG Road , Industries are in Koramangala, Education Hubs are in Bannerghatta, Apparels are at Marathahalli, and so on.And even Bangalore has three categories of Buses-Ordinary,Express n Pushpak. And Mumbai is altogether on a different level.Sure the population is far greater than Hyderabad's but so is the area and span of the city.And I have seen far worse Traffic snarls in Mumbai..,sometimes for 4-5 hours at a strech.

Whereas Other Cities are Spreading-out, Hyderabad is Shrinking-in.Yes,it is spreading out as well, but in the sense that the Spreading-out has not eased the pressure on the Heart of the city,thati is as good as nullified.

Regarding the Water n Environment stuff,I think that many will disagree with me when I say that Hyderabad is the Cleanest and Greenest City.But The cleanliness & Greenery has'nt spread to all parts of the city.The area where I live is one of the cleanest n Greenest in Hydearabad.And Ppl living in banjara hills n Jubilee hills will vouch for the fact I think......

I shall reserve my comment on the CM,MCH n APSEB issues.....But would like to point out one thing.....People of Hyderabad are Second to none with respect to their Hospitality.(Not all Bangaloreans are well-behaved esp. the working class)
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by vivek » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:37 pm

Dude ( i guess)

Ya i am with my site. Did some changes. How did you know about that?

I agree with most of what you said. But what kept me thinking is that a city like this has potential and it is remaining as potential!

Talking of solutions, take an example like Malaysia. They moved most of their government offices to a newly planned city called purthujaya and ended making Malaysia like a huge supermarket. All retail outlets and commercial buildings. Bulk of the administration runs from the sattelite town. Thats a great way to work things.I belive CB Naidu had a vision like that and we-the people of this sad ridden state voted him out because the new guy promised to provide free power. Now, he did not say free power all day, so he provided free power one hour a day to rural sector. Such an clever brat could not see through Naidu's vision. Sad.

Generally public transport is not the same type anywhere. You get to see a combination of various modes working in tandem. Thats why Naidu had something like Multi Modal Transport System ( MMTS) a combination of train and bus, that can be used using a single ticket. Even that floped.

This new government has several ambitious plan. This one creating buzz is a so called Intelligent Traffic signalling system. All this make me think in two ways

1. Either we have the wrong government voted

2. or, that we the people are too tolerant of inefficienies

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Le Chacal » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:24 am

Nice topic Vivek.Just wanted to bump it and where exactly is your friend from? :D
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.:Merovingian,TMR
Le Chacal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by lonewolf » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:42 am

Your friend was right in most of the aspects. Maybe the only area where Hyderabad is slightly better is the low rent when compared to houses in Bangalore.

I lived in Bangalore for a couple of months and it sure rocks! It can beat Hyderabad anyday in IT, pollution levels, greenery and definitely traffic sense.

Another thing - most of my Bangalore friends in the US are desperate to return to Bangalore after their MS.. very few have stayed back in the US after graduating. Hyderabadis, on the other hand, are so despo to stay here at any cost.. many work illegally in restaurants, gas stations and motels.. and yeah cab drivers (here in Chicago) just to have the "Living in the US" tag. Some have even become full-time cab drivers or waiters. I wonder what keeps them from going back to work in companies like Wipro or Infosys which would pay them enough for a lavish lifestyle back in Hyderabad/Bangalore.
#$#$#u r acct #$@##@!@#
lonewolf
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by malakpetmasala » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:49 am

Le Chacal wrote:Nice topic Vivek.Just wanted to bump it and where exactly is your friend from? :D

i think he is a bangalore tamilian.... just guessing., the sort of people who just cant appreciate anything. :D :D :D
The ultimate
malakpetmasala
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by malakpetmasala » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:52 am

lonewolf wrote:Your friend was right in most of the aspects. Maybe the only area where Hyderabad is slightly better is the low rent when compared to houses in Bangalore.

I lived in Bangalore for a couple of months and it sure rocks! It can beat Hyderabad anyday in IT, pollution levels, greenery and definitely traffic sense.

Another thing - most of my Bangalore friends in the US are desperate to return to Bangalore after their MS.. very few have stayed back in the US after graduating. Hyderabadis, on the other hand, are so despo to stay here at any cost.. many work illegally in restaurants, gas stations and motels.. and yeah cab drivers (here in Chicago) just to have the "Living in the US" tag. Some have even become full-time cab drivers or waiters. I wonder what keeps them from going back to work in companies like Wipro or Infosys which would pay them enough for a lavish lifestyle back in Hyderabad/Bangalore.

and LW, about ur friends working as waiters or cab drivers, ... no matter where they are from, if i am sure if they had stuff, they would have definitely landed in some job by now... no matter which ever part of the world we are talking about. so i guess, it would just be a waste of time going back to hyderabad too for them.
The ultimate
malakpetmasala
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by lonewolf » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:58 am

malakpetmasala wrote:and LW, about ur friends working as waiters or cab drivers, ... no matter where they are from, if i am sure if they had stuff, they would have definitely landed in some job by now... no matter which ever part of the world we are talking about. so i guess, it would just be a waste of time going back to hyderabad too for them.

There are companies like Satyam that take mostly those who know jackshit about anything, but can yak as if they are experts in that field. They could try there.
#$#$#u r acct #$@##@!@#
lonewolf
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by malakpetmasala » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:00 am

lonewolf wrote:
malakpetmasala wrote:and LW, about ur friends working as waiters or cab drivers, ... no matter where they are from, if i am sure if they had stuff, they would have definitely landed in some job by now... no matter which ever part of the world we are talking about. so i guess, it would just be a waste of time going back to hyderabad too for them.

There are companies like Satyam that take mostly those who know jackshit about anything, but can yak as if they are experts in that field. They could try there.

true.....but then again... would nt they be fired in a month s time cos of their ignorance?
The ultimate
malakpetmasala
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by lonewolf » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:03 am

malakpetmasala wrote:true.....but then again... would nt they be fired in a month s time cos of their ignorance?

When the Satyam HR came to my college for hiring, he mentioned that even if they find an employee incapable of doing his work, they'll transfer him to another section where he can show something positive for the company. They seem to pride on that fact and boast of a lower attrition rate.
#$#$#u r acct #$@##@!@#
lonewolf
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by marko » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:34 am

lonewolf wrote:
malakpetmasala wrote:true.....but then again... would nt they be fired in a month s time cos of their ignorance?

When the Satyam HR came to my college for hiring, he mentioned that even if they find an employee incapable of doing his work, they'll transfer him to another section where he can show something positive for the company. They seem to pride on that fact and boast of a lower attrition rate.

:lol: i wish that didn't sound so familar. What a great idea, lose alll your best people and retain your worst. Throw in a wage cut every few years to make sure.
While one who sings with his tongue on fire Gargles in the rat race choir Bent out of shape from society's pliers Cares not to come up any higher But rather get you down in the hole that he's in
marko
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by akhilis2cool » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:23 am

Too much crap is being said abt. hyd laidback attitude.

Compaing hyd to cities like Bangalore....Mumbai is senseless...as Hyd is still coming up....we have better roads than those cities had when they were at this stage of development....its natural for some jerks to go beserk on the roads.

Mp : I mean look man.. it’s a simple thing.. u have this IT shit going on… tons of call centers and investment.. u have F#$%in Microsoft’s largest offshore base, u gonna have google running shortly…ICICI knowledge park, ISB, IICT, NIN, CCMB,FICCI,GE and all that and still the city is dull. Puffff… …. Wanna light one more..??
Me : Ya sure… but what did u mean by ‘dull’
Mp : look man… it’s the common man;s attitude that sucks..the entire system is a flop here. Ur CM is like hero launching all these cool schemes of Eseva, single window bill payment system and all that and still things move slow..i mean look.. its one thing not having enuf water to supply and its totally another thing of not being able to supply because of bad town planning…puffffff

ur friend must have been drunk when he said all that crap abt. hyd.
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by CtrlAltDel » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:28 pm

lonewolf wrote:I lived in Bangalore for a couple of months and it sure rocks! It can beat Hyderabad anyday in IT, pollution levels, greenery and definitely traffic sense.
have u been to bangalore in recent times...? bad roads, increasing pollution, bad public transport, hell of a traffic (i think worst jams after mumbai), power cuts....the software majors have been cryign hoarse abt these things and recently wipro even threatened to move out of bangalore coz of its crumbling infrastructure.

IMO bangalore is good for a short stay or holiday where u can party, get drunk n have fun....hyderabad offers a better standard of living coz of lower costs and taxes in AP (compared to karnataka).

main problems with most of hyderabad's roads is that its all planned ages ago. in most places there is no scope for, say, widening roads (eg: RD or SD roads in secbad, abids). APSRTC runs an excellent and efficient service but routes n trips are poorly planned. MMTS is not doing well coz of poor planning abt connectivity. these wud take time to improve.

Krishna water project, once completed (followed by Godavari after that) wud solve the water problems. already sattelite townships are being built and ring roads being laid to avoid congestion at the heart of the city. after 5-6 years, the picture wud be totally different here.
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Bimbette » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:33 pm

The main content was slightly informative. As much as I'm a 'full hyderabadi', I dont have the time/facts/statistics/inclination to 'Google' to substantiate 'why Hyd still rocks'.

All said and done, if we were to sit and split hairs there will be glaring negatives against each city in this country. Whats imp is we as citizens should not develop an apathetic attitude to the System. (Not meant for anyone in particular), Dont just sit and talk. DO something about it, even if that means something small.
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right.
Bimbette

by Scorpion's Sting » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:48 pm

Enough crap said abt Hyd already......this is the best city in India, at least according to me, the lifestlye here isn't as fast as mumbai nor is it as slow as say calcutta or something, as such it makes a perfect place for people who are looking to relax and rejuvinate themselves. Why do you think so many people like to retire in Hyderabad?

And about the traffic problem, I would like to tell you that a German company was actually called sometime back to replan Hyd's traffic system. the company conducted surveys and did a lotta other things and finally came up with the result that the traffic in Hyd though appears as chaos works as well as it possibly can, if they try to tinker with it, the entire thing will crumble and so it is a sort of organized chaos.
Things are supposed to happen the way they happen. And the reason they happen the way the happen is because you try to make them happen in a certain way and may or may not be succesful.
Scorpion's Sting
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by vivek » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:52 pm

So most of you do agree with my good pal. This guy was working in Bangalore Accenture for 1 year before he moved into Hyd and working in GE. He was not drunk and neither was i. So much for that!. I have invited him to signup in FH, wonder if he is around. Anyways...

About Hyd i am quite sure that we guys are tolerant to a lot of nonesense. Look, the doings of the present government is directly impacting the city. The city is degrading and looks shabby. Bad roads remain bad, this was not the case when CB ruled. I know this has been said before, but the reason congress came to power was their funda of rehabilitating the rural sector. Thats not happening...atleast the data does not show. Farmers are still killing themselves, drought during off-season!, land grabbing and zamindari still rules,Prevalance of HIV+ highest in India for the fifth consecutive year, failure of hydro electic power projects, lowest tele density in southindian states, no major progress in renamed plans such as earstwhile Neeru-Meeru, nagging issues of telengana, pullichintala and what not,constantly diverting government's attention. All these things were there even when CB ruled but atleast the city developed. This time even thats missing. Its not the government thats wrong, at a macro level its the people. We did not know whats good for us.

When we - the Btechs, MTechs, MBAs chose to break the signal, knowing that we are supposed to stop when its red. How can we ever change anything. Being Undisciplined is in our blood.

In places such as Bihar and UP, the cities suck because there is no litracy. In Bihar the Human to cattle ratio is 1:3. Thats 3 cows for every man!!. The state governance will suck, because there no foundation. However in AP, people are litrate fools. Thats more dangerous.

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by akhilis2cool » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:56 pm

Educated fools are every where...why AP alone?
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by Kavita » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:01 pm

akhilis2cool wrote:Educated fools are every where...why AP alone?

Pointing finger to some one else isnt the answer.
Kavita

by Kavita » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:59 pm

Its pathetic that so many Hyderabadis appear when it comes to praising, and very few to defend the city. C'mon Hyderbadis wake up. Defend ur city, hailing does do anything, explain him why we hail our city.

I dont agree completely with ur pal Vivek, but yes he did point to the current scenario of the city. I totally agree with CAD. Heres my comments on it.

>>>Mp : look man… it’s the common man;s attitude that sucks..the entire system is a flop here. Ur CM is like hero launching all these cool schemes of Eseva, single window bill payment system and all that and still things move slow..i mean look.. its one thing not having enuf water to supply and its totally another thing of not being able to supply because of bad town planning…puffffff

----Well, planning is going on. Planning is done and implemented too. Some times it works out excellently, some times it takes time to show effects. Flyovers, Krishna water, Cyberabad, eseva are part of the planning. And are planned quite well. You cannot expect instant results in these kinds of issues.

>>>Mp: look… the habitable area of Hyd is lesser than Bangalore.. and in terms of water supply u have 7 different sources to supply water to the city.. out of them atleast 4 are usually up to a level where water supply can be maintained.. the rest which are almost empty can be used as back up…but then we still have areas like banjara hills declared drought hit…. Puff..

----The water problem these days is mainly due to bad rains, I think the supply was much better when there were rains. What can multiple reservious do when there is no rain? And have you ever heard of the water problem in Chennai. Chennai is much bigger city, and water is the essential requirement of any place. Comparitively, the situation in Hyderabad is much much better.

>>>Mp : Ya bias… where do u think banjara hills, Hitech city got water from??… they were pumped into the locality because of these IT firms and in places like Gandhi agar where I took a flat.. no F&*^in water for 2 days..?? and tank bund like 2 Kms away…besides if there is so much shortage as these guys claim, how do u have the tanker on demand service?

----Bias, I do agree, it exists and so does in other cities as well. And I think this is one main reason why CBN (Naidu) lost. And this bias is valid to some extent. Yes, new firms and industries have to be encouraged. They do generate lot of revenue and employment too.

>>>Mp : Oh!… still.. and then.. power cuts… I mean we had like scheduled power cuts of 2 hours each day which every damn day used to get extended for 4 hours…on a Sunday afternoon can u believe that!..

---No water boss, how will you generate electricity? Compare the situations when there was good enough water. And though there is no water, the city does manage with 18 hours of power supply. Isnt it the great? A considerably good enough supply even when Mother Nature is opposing it. Hail Hyd!! Thats a great work.

>>>Mp : U know… still these is no resistance man… that’s the problem. I mean look… whats the use of using IT if the basic efficiency of the system is not improved. I go to the APSEB counter to complain that our meter was faulty and he shamelessly asked 450 bucks for dusherra bakhsheesh.. and ur CM wanted a turn around time of 48 hours for user complaints.. get out of here!!!

---Boss, CM wanted that 48 hours turn around time. Without setting a goal how can you acheive it. And think off, IT was introduce, no body/ very few ppl in govt. sector have IT skills, still they they managed to aquire the skills and are providing you the services. Dont you think some day the 48, if not 48, 72 hours turn around time will be acheived? And yes, I am proud that such things are initiated in Hyd. Could you name any city where so many things are initiated? My Hyd is improving. I am happy for it. And sure some day it will be the best.

>>>Mp : Look at ur pollution levels. Every day NDTV shows sulphur dioxide levels and suspended particle matter density as the highest in the entire f%^&in country… u know why.. cause u guys have only like 7% of the city’s area for roads and then… there are no alternate roads to reach a place… a traffic jam and we all are F%^&ed. Added to that u guys don’t wanna follow rules and with that u don’t even wanna wear helmets. How can one get impressed with a city like this.. I have no clue.

---Alternatives are being planned and implemented. CBN did encourage planting new trees and water harvesting too. Things are moving. Delhi too had a pollution problem, I dont think Hyd is in such a bad situation now.

>>>Mp: Dude… if u provide incentives to investors.. they will come running. Nothing stops GE,HSBC to set up bases in jaipur or any other place. Its ur government that’s giving land at dirt cheap rates, cutting down processing time.. so that they have a gala time investing. Now when government can function so cool with investors… why the f$%^ don’t they behave like that with the very people who voted them in the first place?. Atleast ur naidu used to maintain hyd city well… this new guy.. whats his name??

---I bet on this. Are other cities improvising their infrastructure as fast as in Hyd? Whats wromg in giving incentives when u are getting more employment oppertunities and revenues? Even other citied do it. And can you tell me, how many can afford to construct a banglow in Hi-tech city? on that rocky land, or can the villegers there use it for agricultur? So whats wrong in giving away land which we cant make use of? And especially when we are getting returns.

>>>Mp: Why do u guys need ordinary buses, expresses buses, veera buses and added to that autos and freaking seven seaters…?? And then that kutti setwin??..all converge at a same point to create havoc. Why do u need so many variants of the same type of transports? What is the purpose severed? Whats the point the APSRTC is trying to make?

---Boss, APSRTC service is the best govt public transportation service. Have you ever boarded a bus in Chennai? My cousin who live there for 3 years told me, we just can get into those busses after getting used to APSRTC busses? And yes, maintanance does need money.

>>>Mp: Oh that’s the worst part. U wanted 25000 guys to use that each day and only 5000 people at the max use it!. That’s a classic case of lousy planning

--It isnt lousy planning. Reasons being, its still not implemented completely, I mean no autos or bus service provided from these MMTS stations to the destination. Once this is implemented I am sure the number of users will rise steeply. And that 25000 figure is the target wich has to be reached by some date, I dont think its immediate expectation. OK, if MMTS was planned for 5000, because its optimum today, what about tommorows needs, when the number grows. This shows a good amount of planning went into that.

>>>Mp : If a new guy wants to learn driving… he has to practice for years before driving here right??

--Who said that? Go get the Learners license in a day and starting driving and after 30 days get the permanent license. Dude I got both my learners license and RC in about 5 hours. See the time taken. eseva does work.

>>>Mp : So tell me.. where is this city standing today? Is it a good place for retired guys.. no? Is it a good place to working professionals? Yes… but not the best. Is it a good place for people expecting better life style and comfort? NO Is it the IT capital? No Is it the least polluted city ? NO Does this city have government that understands what the city needs… no?

--The city is catering to all kinds of ppl not for one particular section. Good enough for the retired, good enough for the working, good enough for students, good enough for a better life style and for bad life style also. No its not the IT capital,but lots of IT is going on, no its not the least and also not the highest polluted city. If you want best of every thing, dude this is life and no movie, be practical. And yes the govt here does understand the needs, and thats the reason the Krishna water project, townships, IT etc are encouraged.

In the end I do agree, there is scope for improvement, that doesnt mean its a dull city.
Kavita

by vivek » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:13 pm

Thanks for such a great response. This is a superb topic to argue. Look, i don't hate hyd. I am just tring to point out where we lack. For such an elaborate reply that you have written. Please give me time to reply equally well.

Lets keep this discussion going :wink:

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by CtrlAltDel » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:56 pm

from what i personally heard from outsiders, the ONLY cause of complaints for them is the lack of a long night life....the other complaints seems to be after thoughts. i think if we put them in a pub till 2am, then hydbad too wud seem to be a gr8 city :)

abt night life, its getting better very slowly...the conservative elders who frame the laws need time to change...but it will happen one day. compare the situation now with that of 5 years ago...

and correct me if i am wrong, but even Bangalore has 11:30pm curfew for pubs...and ppl rush to resorts far outside bangalore. we've got only TI and Durgam Cheruvu as of now...lets see wat hapns in near future...
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by akhilis2cool » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:25 pm

Kavita wrote:
akhilis2cool wrote:Educated fools are every where...why AP alone?

Pointing finger to some one else isnt the answer.
I didnt ...he compared different states....thats not fare, is it?
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by akhilis2cool » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:26 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:from what i personally heard from outsiders, the ONLY cause of complaints for them is the lack of a long night life....the other complaints seems to be after thoughts. i think if we put them in a pub till 2am, then hydbad too wud seem to be a gr8 city :)
yeh give them a few chicks dancing away alnite long and a lousy DJ....that'll make them change there opinions....

sha!
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by vivek » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:45 pm

He he... nice point. But the guys who hand out on pubs are partly floating population and partly the page 3 crowd from whom there is no mentionable value-add to society. I was more in lines of the attitude of the common man.

PS : Note, i said partly. There are normal 'useful' people in pubs too. But as you said keeping pubs open does create a 'cool' image to the city. But won't solve any problem. Mumbai has that 'cool' image but the problems persist.

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Habitual Perfectionist » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:37 pm

Good debate going on here.

It reminds me of what one of my mentors told me once. People are comfortable before change and they are more comfortable after change. Its the period of change which is the most uncomfortable part.

Hyderabad has just embarked on its journey to a megacity from a large town. And this period is bound to create a lot of discomfort, which we are experiencing and which was put forth so rightly by Vivek's friend.

Every city will have its own positives and negatives. And since these positives and negatives are quite subjective to people and occasions, they tend to overlap too. It all depends on how the people involved take those changes.

The water, electricity, amenities etc. problems are not going to continue for long. These are basic amenities and if the people are kept devoid of them for long, it'll take the face of a revolution and no politician or bureaucrat would want that.

Bottomline - Give Hyderabad some time to develop. Things will fall in place. On the laidback attitude of the people here, as I said, it could be a positive in certain cases and in others, its a negative. Something very subjective and best left to the people to understand it better and be judicious in their behaviour.
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Habitual Perfectionist
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Next         

Return to Local Problems/Issues