Sunday, 28 April 2024 »  Login
in

"Mahindra Holidays" out to fool Hyderabadis

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

"Mahindra Holidays" out to fool Hyderabadis

by Arnie » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:33 am

Beware the marketing gimmicks of the likes of Mahindra Holidays. They have been running a big con job recently for a lifetime membership scheme.

You win some contest - are called to their office in Ameerpet and sit through a looong presentation - and finally they NEVER give you the promised free stay for 2 nights

The long presentation tries to sell you a lifetime membership if you cough up several lakhs. They want you to do it immediately to win some prizes, knowing fully well that if you had the time to think, or ask around, you would not buy the membership

On asking old members, I discovered that the scheme itself is bad on several grounds :

you are never guaranteed rooms when you want them, definitely not in holiday seasons. Getting worse now with more members

Some of their properties suck bad - maintenance and service already suffering

Too much is promised as future developments- more places, etc

There are several unclear components of recurring costs. Bad investment overall - put that much in a mutual fund and close your eyes. The returns can fund holidays of your choice - anywhere
Arnie

by CtrlAltDel » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:43 am

same thing with the Amrutha Group/Country Club holiday resorts at many places in India and Abroad...:roll:

they promise a free gift and call u for a discussion....which turns out to be a brain washing exercise to pressurize u into buying a share in their resort schemes. the worst thing is they want to to sign up right there on the spot and give u no time to think or consult othrs ("sir, its a limited period offer"..."it expires by tommorrow" etc etc.).

i had to lose temper and be rude to them b4 they let me and my wife go. btw, u do get the free gift even if u refuse and its usually a cheap kitchen utensil like a casseroll or a manual juicer.

go friends, be warned...if u get a call from a sweet talking girl asking u to come to Hotel Amrutha Castle for a presentation/talk "exclusively for specially selected people like you", ask her to f*** off....
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Jaszalcatraz » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:50 am

CtrlAltDel wrote:they promise a free gift and call u for a discussion....which turns out to be a brain washing exercise to pressurize u into buying a share in their resort schemes. the worst thing is they want to to sign up right there on the spot and give u no time to think or consult othrs ("sir, its a limited period offer"..."it expires by tommorrow" etc etc.).

i had to lose temper and be rude to them b4 they let me and my wife go. btw, u do get the free gift even if u refuse and its usually a cheap kitchen utensil like a casseroll or a manual juicer.

Reminds of an episode of South Park called Asspen. They are told to buy time-sharing resort and locked in the room for a long time.

Must be a major piss-off
Jaszalcatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by CtrlAltDel » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:02 pm

Jaszalcatraz wrote:Reminds of an episode of South Park called Asspen. They are told to buy time-sharing resort and locked in the room for a long time.

Must be a major piss-off
"Piss off" is an understatement :x

it must be world wide phenomenon for it to have been featured in South Park....:D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by mark » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:08 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:
Jaszalcatraz wrote:Reminds of an episode of South Park called Asspen. They are told to buy time-sharing resort and locked in the room for a long time.

Must be a major piss-off

it must be world wide phenomenon for it to have been featured in South Park....:D

no matter where you are, there's no such thing as a free lunch. or kitchen utensil for that matter
While one who sings with his tongue on fire Gargles in the rat race choir Bent out of shape from society's pliers Cares not to come up any higher But rather get you down in the hole that he's in
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by CtrlAltDel » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:16 pm

mark wrote:
CtrlAltDel wrote:

Must be a major piss-off

no matter where you are, there's no such thing as a free lunch. or kitchen utensil for that matter
yup...learnt that the hard way and wasted a beautifully lazy sunday morning :(
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Arnie » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:29 pm

Yeah .. nothing called a "free lunch" or a free stay in a resort

However, considering that I place a very high value on my weekend hours, I would hardly consider it "free"

The worst part is that some marketing smart-ass in Mahindra DOES assume it is for free .. and thinks he can get away with the age-old con of "the cheque is in the mail"

Is there any way we can teach them a lesson against assuming that they can get away with blatant lies?
Arnie

by mark » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:18 pm

Arnie wrote:Is there any way we can teach them a lesson against assuming that they can get away with blatant lies?

if you can find out where they live i have a few suggestions (involving fire for the most part). alternatively you can use your political connections to ensure that the people responsible get transfered to Bihar for the rest of their lives.
While one who sings with his tongue on fire Gargles in the rat race choir Bent out of shape from society's pliers Cares not to come up any higher But rather get you down in the hole that he's in
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by rock_26iin » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:35 pm

Well, my sis also won a 3-day stay at any Mahindra resort and we got it too and Mahindra properties are amazing (we went to Munnar) and their service is amazing! Sorry to hear you'll had such a bad experience of it. :)
Things are supposed to happen the way they happen. And the reason they happen the way the happen is because you try to make them happen in a certain way and may or may not be succesful.
rock_26iin
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Jaszalcatraz » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:01 pm

mark wrote: alternatively you can use your political connections to ensure that the people responsible get transfered to Bihar for the rest of their lives.

Damn Mark.......you already know the Indian word for hell!!!! Bihar!!! Cool
Jaszalcatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

HOLIDAY SCHEMES

by GOLDENBIRD » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:30 am

HI ARNIE,

YOUR JUDGEMENT IS 100% ACCURATE AND BELIEVE ME THERE IS NO SUCH COMMITMENT OF FREE NITES BY ANY COMMERCIAL PROPERTY OWNER IN THE WORLD, SPECIALLY IN THE HIGH SEASON.

I AM AN EXECUTIVE PROJECT MANAGER FOR A LARGE TOURISM COMPANY WITH VAST EXPERIENCE. IF SOMEBODY IS PROMISING YOU BE CAREFULL AND DONT PAY ANY MONEY IF THEY DEMAND AS SCHEME OR MEMBERSHIP.

FREE NITES ARE OFCOURSE OFFERED BY PROPERTIES IN EITHER SEASON DEPENDING ON THE PERIOD.SOME TIMES THERE ARE PROMOTIONS LIKE PAY2 NIGHTS AND STAY 3 NIGHTS OR PAY 4 NTS AND STAY 6 NTS,THIS IS TURE IF ANY AGENT IS OFFERING AND YOU WILL FIND SUCH OFFER WITH ALL AGENTS AS THE HOTEL(S)THEMSELVES PUSH AGENTS TO SELL THEIR PROPERTY SAYING THEY HAVE PROMOTIONS OR SPECIAL OFFERS AND TEH SAME THEY DO MARKET ON THEIR OWN BEHALF IN NEWS PAPERS.

I SUGGEST YOU TO NEVER MAKE ANY DEPOSITS EVEN IF YOU ARE PAYING FOR A HOLIDAY WITHOUT ASKING THE BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS THE HOTELS AND RESORTS HAVE VERY STRICT CANCELATION POLICY AND THE SAME WILL BE PASSED TO YOU IF YOU ARE IGNORANT OR THE AGENT DOEST NOT NOTIFY YOU IN ADVANCE.

SOULD YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME.....REGARDS..
GOLDENBIRD

Re: "Mahindra Holidays" out to fool Hyderabadis

by hetavpanwala » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:08 am

The Panwala family enjoyed bathing elephants, white water rafting, pottery making and of course family bonfires in the evenings, amongst other things. Club Mahindra holidays are fun-packed, offering unique experiences for every member in the family.

Mr. Hetav Panwala's experience in his words:
I have holidayed in Coorg, Goa, Munnar & Binsar. All the resorts are excellent! Luxurious rooms, kids meal options, super rates on dining and holiday activities make this membership great value for money. I look forward to many more happy holidays in India and abroad.

Mr. Hetav Panwala & family
Club Mahindra member family
hetavpanwala

Return to Local Problems/Issues