Saturday, 27 April 2024 »  Login
in

BeamCable = BullCrap cable

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

BeamCable = BullCrap cable

by kip » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:07 pm

Hi,

I am a Beamcable Broadband user for the last 12 months.

I can't get 1/10th of that connection paying 3 times the price. What I have on the name of broadband is a connection that at best gives me 2 KBps download speed and when I am downloading something, my messengers end up disconnecting themselves for the lack of bandwidth available to them. Have some pity on me. Im on home Ecnomy pacakage..

Don't Waste your hard earned money on BeamCable = BullCrap cable
kip

by KM » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:00 pm

I agree.. didnt saw this post earlier... (was not a member here)... dont ever subscribe to BEAM CABLE..... I have switched to Airtel and the connection speed is awesome.....

KM
KM

by smack » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:30 pm

Well, I guess even BSNL Dataone is far better than Beam Cable. Used it for a month and it really is pathetic.

Switch to Airtel. I am told it gives good speed. And if u can live with 5-6 disconnections per day, even BSNL is pretty fast
Taking girls out and doing things?? Naaaah
Prefer taking them in and undoing things...
smack

by rock_26iin » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:52 pm

The only reason i'm on Beam is that it gives unlimited d/l for very little, especially on the annual pack. DataOne sucks with its 1 GB d/l limit. Dunno abt Airtel tho
Things are supposed to happen the way they happen. And the reason they happen the way the happen is because you try to make them happen in a certain way and may or may not be succesful.
rock_26iin
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by learned scholar » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:36 pm

rock_26iin wrote:The only reason i'm on Beam is that it gives unlimited d/l for very little, especially on the annual pack. DataOne sucks with its 1 GB d/l limit. Dunno abt Airtel tho
get dialupp :wink: or call this nember 040-23230191 if u wana have good cable deals wid 20gb / month limit
learned scholar

Airtel rocks

by Sid » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:15 am

Hmm..

Not sure abt beam cable but airtel blore definately rocked. When i was in blore I used to download 3 movies everyday. I used to total 100gb a month. It was so good that i stopped watching tv for almost a year. TV is all crap. All ads and a lot of bs for nothing. Can't wait for airtel to come to masab tank here in hyd.
Sid

by KM » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:09 pm

Yeah airtel broadband rocks ... there is no limit for d/l or u/l.... i have 600 per month connection (128kbps)

KM
KM

Re: Airtel rocks

by smack » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:02 pm

Sid wrote:Hmm..

Can't wait for airtel to come to masab tank here in hyd.

Sid,

I guess Airtel net is available all over the city.
smack

by smack » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:04 pm

KM wrote:Yeah airtel broadband rocks ... there is no limit for d/l or u/l.... i have 600 per month connection (128kbps)

KM

KM, GPRS connection??
smack

by KM » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:13 pm

smack wrote:
KM wrote:Yeah airtel broadband rocks ... there is no limit for d/l or u/l.... i have 600 per month connection (128kbps)

KM

KM, GPRS connection??

No...not GPRS... its a cable connection with cable modem (no rent, no charge for cable modem)... visit http://www.airtelbroadband.com

KM
KM

by KM » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:15 pm

KM wrote:
No...not GPRS... its a cable connection with cable modem (no rent, no charge for cable modem)... visit http://www.airtelbroadband.com

KM

Sorry the actual link is http://airtel-broadband.com/

KM
KM

BEAM Cable sucks.

by Sam » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:11 pm

Few reasons BEAM Cable sucks......

Nowhere near the promised speeds.

Pathetic customer support.

Idiotic technical support.......once they told me that since its obvious I know more than them why dont I go ahead and solve the problem !!!!

Go for anything else Tata , Airtel anything but not Beam.[/b]
Sam

BAd experinece

by CTC » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:38 pm

I too had bad experince with beam cable recently they carged Rs 2800/= for connection and took one week to give it. Horrible.

Even the SIFY Sucks

by VJ » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:20 pm

Even the SIFY BROADBAND Sucks. Always disconnects, Poor local service provider and Poor technical team. I almost spend Rs100/- per month to call the customer support which in turn the call will be transferred to chennai when dialed to the hyd number. I had to pay around Rs1200/- for installation, and Rs50/- every month additionally for maintenance to the local service provider. The SIFY doesn't mention these additional charges on their website or in their advertisements.

Frequent disconnections, SUCKS. I don't recommend SIFY. Try AIRTEL as everyone is recommending, in the worst case go for BSNL.

@VJ
Being Oneself is One of the Greatest Qualities of All Time In a Human Being.
VJ

BEAM

by VJ » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:23 pm

I also had a very bad experience with the BEAM CABLE. I had to choose SIFY since there is no service in my area by BEAM. Anyways both of them sucks........ :oops:

@VJ
Being Oneself is One of the Greatest Qualities of All Time In a Human Being.
VJ

Re: BeamCable = BullCrap cable

by ashishch » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:59 pm

Been a Beam customer for 5 years now, right from the days they used to offer free downloads of multiplayer games like Battlefield 2142, F.E.A.R and Counterstrike to all their customers on their portal.

I’ve
subscribed to various other Internet Service Providers at my place of work, including AIRTEL, Tata and Reliance Broadband, but when it comes to connection reliability, speeds, service and value for money, BEAM wins hands down. They’ve been changing their technologies keeping with the needs of the times as well as a steadily increasing customer base, and have gone completely fiber-based now, which has eliminated almost ALL connection issues most users must have been facing.

I can’t recollect when was the last time I faced a connection blackout, and the service technicians have been extremely helpful to us during times of shifting, fiber cuts, jack replacements, etc. Quick, efficient and always glad to help, that’s how I’d describe them :) Although I’ve personally never faced any issues, some other users seem to have problems with their Customer Care number, and I guess this is one area Beam can concentrate on improving in the next few days.

Beam seems to be undergoing a major brand revamp over the last few days, emphasizing on their fiber technologies as well as bidding goodbye to issues that probably plagued their customers in the past. Me, as well as other Beam users, I’m sure, are desperately looking forward to the bevy of exciting new features they have in their pipeline. There are rumors about new tariff plans too, which can only mean more good news for their customer base.

I’m proud to consider myself a customer of the Beam brand. For a local ISP, they sure have shown admirable growth and their services are on par, if not better than most established national ISPs. Great going guys, keep it up. Looking forward to more great stuff from your end.
ashishch

by SadaM » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Yes, i also very much think Beam is good. I think because everyone said it is bad in 2006. Now Beam is very much developed. Thats y it is good now. I am getting the speeds nicely. and it is always reliblity is good.
SadaM

by anrc » Fri May 13, 2011 4:12 pm

who said.. it sucks still now... customer support is worst .. and no one care's to handle your complaint's.. it suck's suck's suck's
anrc

Return to Local Problems/Issues