Wednesday, 8 May 2024 »  Login
in

Chikungunya

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Chikungunya

by Nyx! » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:31 am

I am recovering from a dreadful bout of Chikungunya and I pray that nobody ever gets afflicted by this debilitating illness. A word or two about the drastic debilitator.

Wikipedia gives the definition of Chikungunya as ...a relatively rare form of viral fever caused by an alphavirus that is spread by mosquito bites from the Aedes aegypti mosquito. But by personal experience the mutant form of the virus spreads through the bite of the Tiger mosquito (Aedes Albopictus), which is what is rampant in this part of my Asian world.

I have suffered a good few blows from this monger, what with the three saline bottles that I devoured and the 10 or so shots within a less-than-24-hour period.

The main symptoms are excruciating joint pains, a temperature running up to 103 degree Fahrenheit, severe headache, photophobia, and in extreme cases vomiting. Mine was an extreme one. I was hospitalized for it, my first ever hospitalization through the 26 years I have walked this planet. One sure-shot sign is the reddish appearance of one’s face, which I later came to know is due to a maculopapular rash caused by the disease, but until knowing it I was under the assumption that I might have turned red because of the high fever.

It isn’t going to hurt if one is going to use the mosquito repellents for 24 hours until this epidemic abates. And do try to exercise your limbs a bit, just a little bit of it is enough – please do not attempt heroics. Stretching your legs while you are bedridden would be a great help to fight the stiffness and would help you in coming back to normalcy in much shorter time. But please do not overdo the exercise part, not even like the way you would do in your normal state of health.
Nyx!
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

long time

by Cragg » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:16 pm

Is there any home still left in hyd where no one has fallen prey to this fever????

well nice to see u back. FHDB were missing ur spam

:wink:
I have an attitude and I am not afraid to use it.
Cragg
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by indiabo » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:21 pm

I wish you a fast recovery nyx

Its a true dreadfull epidemic hounding hyd ..

For a fast recuperation I would advise you to stick to five different veg or fruit diet.

As said by a doc to my aunt

By the way to all those who was missed out a above expirience a second wave is on its wave with growing ponds of water in ur streets ....

Health is unsaid gift of the almighty.

Which I am realising after my fracture/.
indiabo

Re: long time

by indiabo » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:23 pm

Cragg wrote:Is there any home still left in hyd where no one has fallen prey to this fever????

My neighbours......

I am getting jealous

hiiiiihahiiiiiiihahihiiiiiiiii
indiabo

Re: long time

by Nyx! » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:04 am

Cragg wrote:Is there any home still left in hyd where no one has fallen prey to this fever????

Yo Cragu! how have u been buddy????
Nyx!
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Return to Local Problems/Issues