Saturday, 27 April 2024 »  Login
in

Andhra Vs Telangana does it needs division

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Telangana statehood

Poll ended at Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:33 am

Support
29%
Do not Support
57%
Dont Care
14%

Total votes : 7

Andhra Vs Telangana does it needs division

by sbprasadrao » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:33 am

Req: Serious reviews only please

======================

My self from Telangana, strongly support for division.

Reasons

a) During nizams rule Telangana was lot developed and advanced than andhra region

b) The numbers of hectares of cultivated land greatly decreased in Telangana and increased drastically in Andhra

c) Godavari, Krishna with their tributaries travel go from telagana still the amount of water used for cultivation is very less for telangana.

d) 50 years back 1 acre of cultivable land in an average village in Telagana area was more valuable than Andhra region

e) rate of employment, litracy, median household income decreased or remained back in region of telangana

f) more than 50% of political leaders or CM office are either belong to Andhra or settled in Telangana from Andhra

g) never blame any body from telangana or Andhra, its all about region which got good facilities improved.

h) No doubt Hyd seen lot of development but it was at expense of negligence of other states in telangana

i) The conditional mergence of Telangana into Andhra during 1957 was never satisfied

j) The Telangana struggle though started in 1961 was suppressed at all time at the cost hungry sucidal farmers from underdeveloped cities

I do not support GO 610 that asks about transfer based on region, however I support separate statehood for regional development because small states show stronger developent.

I ask one question as a common citizen

whom should I vote for separate Telangana

a) Congress, it says it supports separate statehood but never happened till now

b) BJP promises for separate telangana, i am sure it will attach redtape in parliament as congress

c) TRS promises for separate telangana, I liked KCR resignation for this demand, but following his resignation near politics raises doubts? Even if it wins will it be able to?

I like politicians to be atleast graduate qualified and/or a separate regional-politico degree qualified.

Lets add opinions why and why Not. I will summarize all of them one day

Bye

Indian
sbprasadrao

by tfb » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:58 am

Me too! I support Telangana but TRS is something I dont like :x :x
tfb

Separation Reality Issues ...

by HH » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:16 pm

Separation Reality Issues ...

* Telangana as also "(Hyderabad) Karnataka" and "(Hyderabad) Marathwada" suffered under the Nizam ... Progress / "Development largely confined to the Capital Hyderabad.

* Even in the "Unified State" ... the regions / rural Areas suffer due to the focus on the "Development(s)" in and around the Cities, especially Hyderabad.

* Telangana separation may not be isolated, immediately "Andhra" & "Rayalaseema" will result.

* Sub-region based, urban-based, caste-based demands for Split will follow here as well as all over the Country! This will further divide and weaken the Country.

THINK Well! Do Well! Live WELL!
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Andhrawala » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:46 pm

I actually supports united Andhra,

But by observing the present government's behaviour over telangana i wished KCR should win in the Karimnagar elections. Because congress is a party like chameleon ("oosaravelli" in telugu). And they are the kind of people you cannot trust. In telugu there is a proverb. "Eru daate daaka oda mallanna. Eru daataaka bodi mallanna". This proverb well suits for Congress. Before the elections they tied with TRS and after winning the elections and have got the majority excluding TRS, they got proud. They beahved such way that TRS should not continue in UPA. And telling that there is no sentiment kinnda dialogs. They didn't respect the feelings of Teleangana. I appriciate TDP in this regard. Because they are clear in this regard eventhough that is not favourite to Telangana. Because in the democracy people may have different opinion. But they are not liers eventhough they loose the elections.

Coming to the point, in my opinion andhra pradesh should move unitedly.
Andhrawala

Don't support

by VJ » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:02 pm

I don't support DIVISION. It's all political mess ups. All speak TELUGU and we have to work united to keep this state competitive. The backward regions are to be given more importance towards development. Invite the investors to invest in the small towns, villages, districts etc. This way the whole surroundings will develop. The govt. should be prepared to provide all the necessary resources and so on.

I don't think dividing the state into pieces will make any difference to any community. Its just a political mess up. Telangana fighters don't come after me now, as this is a discussion board and u r free to post ur opinions. For ur information I'm from telangana by myself.

@VJ
Being Oneself is One of the Greatest Qualities of All Time In a Human Being.
VJ

Vivisection it is ...

by HH » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:58 pm

Vivisection it is ...

What***** is proposed is vivisection - The act or practice of cutting into or otherwise injuring living ... - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ivisection

Weakens and ***** Hurts the Common People more, for the fun of the wretched Politicians ... Injustice has been perpetrated / Imbalance has been inflicted by successive Rulers, whatever may be the Region ... Only Development can nullify the Damage by the shortsighted Politicians ...

:arrow:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Vishrasayan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:15 pm

I am in favor of a United Andhra Pradesh. the four/ three small states that would form will screw up all the advantage that AP currently enjoys as a large state.

The sole reason to break up states is for the politicians to have their own personal fiefdoms - much like the old time Samanthas who used to declare independence with the sole intention of keeping all the tax revenue for themselves...in this case it is the money one could make as a CM by way of horse trading, contracts & a zillion other easy-cash ops'

forget it....I have a thousand reasons 'WHY NOT' & not one 'WHY' !

If formation of Telangana IS inevitable, then Hyderabad should be made into a Union Territory - If this takes another struggle so be it - at least one city in the whole game will retain its charm & image and continue growing & not suffer becos' of the muddle headed petty political _.

Of course it is selfishness, but it's also being pragmatic & not letting Hyderabad lose it's current momentum...
Dil pe mat le yaar....
http://vishrasayan.blogspot.com/
Vishrasayan

Regionalism

by VJ » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:24 pm

One point always at the back of my mind Y r people fighting for their places? Has anyone ever thought of working towards the development irrespective of their own personal reasons? I just don't understand Y is this regionalism evolved? Is that due to kind of feeling in oneself that we r in the backward region? Not sure......People should realise that there were many leaders who made promises, but never lived upto those.

We r in the modern era and have to try to explore the opportunities according to our interests and then make our dreams come true instead of always thinking in negative terms or in terms of regionalism. Selfishness is a big word I should say which is responsible for all this. :roll:
Being Oneself is One of the Greatest Qualities of All Time In a Human Being.
VJ

by Sher » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:54 am

I do not support seperation...It just does not make any concrete sense to me as to why and what they would achive from seperation. We are all telugus and our pride lies in that...regionalism is like a pest that would eventually ruin the Indian harvest!!! But oh well, it is happening and at a very rapid pace...in the final stage!!!I was born in hyd...however, my great granparents r from andhra...who am I? do I go with my birthplace or my family roots??? this is truly not fair :cry:
Sher

by Andhrawala » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:03 pm

Yes Sher,

you are right. But tell me the present CM's attitude over Telangana. To came into power he utilized the separate slogan. after bcame CM he didn't give repect to TRS or telagana people's voice. People are forgetting about telangana when TRS is in coilation. If you see how the TRS men thrown away from coilation, every telanaganate hurted even though they doesn't like KCR and party. Thats caused the record victory for KCR. So who are created all this mess ups? none other than the great congress. If you see the congress attitude you'll feel that they are cunning. Congress kante mosam chese vaallu, aadina maata thappe vaallu evarinaa vuntaaraa?
Andhrawala

Telengana issue

by rajasekhar » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:21 pm

Dear friends,

I don’t know why you people do not understand the game plan of the congress party regarding Telengana. Their only priority throughout India has always been to get votes and seats to get power at the centre or states. They are least bothered about issues, ideology, interests of the people, welfare of the people etc. I will give you numerous examples of this. Telengana is one glaring example. During their campaign in the previous assembly elections in andhra, they promised the voters that they would strive for the creation of telengana.

As per their game plan, the second rung leaders, along with the TRS leaders vociferously promised the people that as soon as they came to power, telengana would be created. As for Y. S. and Sonia, they shrewdly said they would look into the matter immediately and work for the creation of telengana, not promising it straightaway. So that they would have a safety exit later on.

When they discussed telengana in their internal meetings, the discussions must have been like this: “First let us tell the people and TRS that we will give telengana, let us get votes and come to power. Later, we can always delay it by saying that the second SRC must be constituted and some things like that.”

What will they gain by delaying telengana? Well, it is like this. If they are sure that they will win the 10-12 Lok Sabha seats there definitely or come to power in the newly created state, they will give it immediately. But TRS is there. So, to whom will the credit go to? Congress or TRS? There is a danger that TRS might get some credit. So, they are waiting for the TRS to disintegrate or create a situation where the congress will get full credit for forming telengana. This is their game plan.

If they feel they will win telengana confidently, the next minute telengana will be formed. But the TRS is there and so telengana has to be delayed. Nothing else. The congress has always done what it feels is convenient for itself. It is the worst party in this regard. They have always worked like this since the days of Indira Gandhi. They think it is brilliant strategy. They play with the sentiments and emotions of people, and are least bothered about the emotions of the people or the welfare of the people or the development of the state.

Is it not shameful that they keep on harping that sonia will take the final decision regarding telengana? Who is this sonia? The president of a party. And, the chairman of the co-ordination panel of the UPA-Left. What power has she to give telengana? If she has,then, it must be clearly extra-constitutional power. If at all anybody has to take the final decision, it must be the Prime Minister of India acting under the best interests of the people. Is it not? Who is Sonia constitutionally to decide whether a state should be carved out or not? It may be she who takes the decision within one political party, the congress party, but apart from that, what constitutional position does she have to decide whether the state should be givcn or not? It is shameless. And no political personality in andhra seems to be asking this question. Who is this sonia to decide?

How did the NDA form three states when they were in power? Whether it was a politically opportunist action or not is a debatable point. They might have done it to derive political mileage. But the important thing is that, they showed that creating a state is no big matter, it does not require any reorganization committees, panels, seminars, councils, etc. The congress is trying to clearly fool the people by citing lame excuses for the delay in the formation. They are clearly going back on the word they gave to the people.

They think that it Is not the time for formation because they will not gain much electorally. So, it suits them to delay the formation. But they do not realize that they are caught between the devil and deep blue sea. They are going to be dumped by the people of telengana. That’s for sure. They cannot play the fool now by saying that 25 committees have to be formed, a 2nd SRC must be formed, 10 subcommittees must be formed, 55 council meetings have to formed…!!! The people know that creating a state takes maybe 2 weeks!!! When the congress party wanted to dismiss the Bihar government recently, they forced the President to sign on the dotted line at midnight in Moscow!!! But creating a state is so difficult for them, just because it is not suitable for them now!!! How long will they try to fool the people? It is plain stupidity.

The congress party is undemocratic to the core and a selfish party with only one agenda – to enjoy uninterrupted power and keep the Indira Gandhi family in power. Even the dog of Rahul Gandhi is more powerful than Manmohan singh or YS!!!

Such is the sycophancy. As such, their duplicity in telengana has been exposed fully now and the party will be a washout in telengana and the rest of the state.
rajasekhar

be broad minded maan!

by Tiger » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:30 pm

my humble 2 cents

we are talking about global village and shrinking world and so on.

and after all these years again we see people agitated once again.

these are all political gimmicks,!! we should just ignore things like separation and division and so on. have a direction and ur own goals dont depend on stupid politicians guys.!
Tiger

Small >>> Big >>>>> Great!

by HH » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:46 am

Well Said, "Tiger"!

* Hyderabad >>>>> Greater Hyderabad!

* Division >>>>> Integration!!

* State > Nation >>> International!!!

That's the Trend!

8)
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Me from Hyderabad ...Not seen any other city like HYD

by Why Telangana » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:39 pm

Guys,

Believe me or not ...I have been to seven countries and have not seen a city like Hyderabad ....It's HighTech Still Low cost, It's jam packed still lot of place for development, Centrally located ....Have every thing an educated citizen wants ....1. IIT 2.IIIT 3. BITS 4. ISB. 5. International airport. 6. 20 Corporate Hospitals 7. 200 Engg colleges 8. 10 Medical colleges 9. 60 International Fortune 100 companies offices...Waht else is needed ...You have Technology , Education and plenty of jobs ...YAAP i forgot We dont have TWO CM positions and TWO Governor Positions and President position ...Shame on us to Run after power hungry rogues like KCR and Cunning fox venkatswamy ...As i know venkat swamy more than any one as i am from his constituency and i can't descibe how back word it is .....

Thanks
Why Telangana

What applies to every state.

by Yash » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:10 pm

I believe every state needs to have atleast one city which is nationally relevant ,in terms of commerce,employment,GDP because:

1.it gives a voice to the state at the national level.

2.it drives the commerce of the state in terms of tax collections,revenues and investments.This helps to move the state towards self-sufficiency

3.it's development drives employment,which in turn motivates income and consumption.This in turns leads to greater realizations to the rural areas for their products.

4.higher incomes lead to better education, which helps the state make more focussed and intelligent choice of their leaders

5.progress in turn forces the centre to allocate higher resources

Hyderabad ,today,can lead the state in this positive cycle.

Unfortunately this conflict may have the potential to pull Hyderabad down instead(and with it the entire state)

In todays competitive scenario,for every city that falls there are hordes that will be happy to take its position.

Kolkata,Noida,Jaipur,Kochi etc are hot on the heels anyway.

The problem for the state is the corruption which is not letting proper utilization and distribution of the resources that the state is earning through revenues and taxes .

The corruption is not going to go,irrespective of how many parts the state is divided into - it may increase instead.
Yash

by HH » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:25 pm

* Small may be Simple / Sweet / Super, depending upon who sees / feels ...

* Big is Better; see the Unfortunate "Seven Sisters of the North Eat" OR the New Small States, their plight beggars description ...

* The Combined State of AP is the Result of the Vision of Great Statesmen ... Let Us Make AP, "All People's" State, a Strong and Great State!

8)
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: Andhra Vs Telangana does it needs division

by MAHARSHI » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:57 am

NO COMMENTS
MAHARSHI

by Raghavsantu for a better society » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:55 am

if politicians really care for public and their regions instead of shouting and cribbing for seperate state they would have developed their region by putting pressure on respective government.these stupid politicians quit party if they don't get a ministry post and will a float a new party playing with public sentiments caste, religion , region...MR KCR please stop thinking of spliiting state,creating seperate telangana talli stop all this crap...think better for our region me too from telangana region...
lets be unite...unity is strength
Raghavsantu for a better society

by sri » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:02 pm

What ever problem we have every thing can be achived by electing good leaders without splitting. KCR How many times he elected. Howmany time he held ministry what he done for Other part of the Telangana , Kammam, adilabad etc. people should elect the right people irrespective of cast, religion, place who do the service for the people. Every Govt police/rule can be chagne for the people. it our responsible to elect good leaders.
sri

by sri » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:04 pm

See in Karnrnata 3 parties could not manage be in power for 5 Years and came to Presidential rule. Since a year no new project no developments. Similarly we have been seeing the political crisis in Jarkanda and Goa. In Telangana how many parties are there TDP,Cong. TRS,BJP, CPI,CPM, MIM, JP party, Chiru party, Talli Tengana, BSP. Independents. These parties should share just 100 seats. To form a Govt. at least 50 required. In Long term we can't predect who will gets and how many seats. Every single seat is important to form Govt. So mostly Hung Govt. and may be every 2 year a election. Every body knows if we have stable Govt. then only new industrials comes, new projects comes for all types of people. In this situation it is 100% not beneficial to the Telangana people. Our elders give good life for us. We have to give good future for our children and future generation. We needs to do some useful to the Telanga. Lets think twice.
sri

by Ravi » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:38 pm

I liked your last few sentences.. that we should do.. what we should/can do??
Ravi

by Raghavsantu for a better society » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:16 pm

i second u....-
Raghavsantu for a better society

by venu » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:29 pm

Present issue not division of state.
first need thing is change require in ploliticians. Good change(not looking about theirs selfs) in
politicians will bring development...not the division of state
Unity is Diversity and Destiny.
venu

by sbprasadrao » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:38 pm

The main question here is what is going to happen after the division? As you have raised correctly the problem mainly lies in the in ability of our political leaders to deliver.

sbprasadrao wrote:Req: Serious reviews only please
======================

My self from Telangana, strongly support for division.

Reasons
a) During nizams rule Telangana was lot developed and advanced than andhra region
b) The numbers of hectares of cultivated land greatly decreased in Telangana and increased drastically in Andhra
c) Godavari, Krishna with their tributaries travel go from telagana still the amount of water used for cultivation is very less for telangana.
d) 50 years back 1 acre of cultivable land in an average village in Telagana area was more valuable than Andhra region
e) rate of employment, litracy, median household income decreased or remained back in region of telangana
f) more than 50% of political leaders or CM office are either belong to Andhra or settled in Telangana from Andhra
g) never blame any body from telangana or Andhra, its all about region which got good facilities improved.
h) No doubt Hyd seen lot of development but it was at expense of negligence of other states in telangana
i) The conditional mergence of Telangana into Andhra during 1957 was never satisfied
j) The Telangana struggle though started in 1961 was suppressed at all time at the cost hungry sucidal farmers from underdeveloped cities

I do not support GO 610 that asks about transfer based on region, however I support separate statehood for regional development because small states show stronger developent.

I ask one question as a common citizen
whom should I vote for separate Telangana
a) Congress, it says it supports separate statehood but never happened till now
b) BJP promises for separate telangana, i am sure it will attach redtape in parliament as congress
c) TRS promises for separate telangana, I liked KCR resignation for this demand, but following his resignation near politics raises doubts? Even if it wins will it be able to?

I like politicians to be atleast graduate qualified and/or a separate regional-politico degree qualified.

Lets add opinions why and why Not. I will summarize all of them one day

Bye
Indian
sbprasadrao

by Ravi » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:28 am

Given the relatively underdevelopement of Telangana, Is formation of a Separate solution a viable option for developement of Telangana. what i understood from lectures of social scientists like Dr.Jp, Sandeep Pandey is that power should be decentralised upto Village level. In a sense like it is making even a small village a power center where decisions relted to that land will be taken there itself!!

Am i making sense??
Ravi

Next         

Return to Local Problems/Issues