Saturday, 27 April 2024 »  Login
in

Want to exercise your Right To Information – here’s how!

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Is the utter lack of civic activism in Hyderabad one reason for its current condition?

Yes–it’s high time we get active off-line too
100%
I agree–get frustrated online & get on with life
No votes
Not really–There is only as much a citizen can do
No votes

Total votes : 9

Want to exercise your Right To Information – here’s how!

by Vishrasayan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:57 pm

Whoever heard of RTI act must have surely felt like using it at some point of time......but let the feeling pass…, because it could be too much of trouble. Sakshi Trust, a voluntary organization dedicated to the cause of RTI, developed some great tools that will guide you step wise on various applications of RTI act in your daily life -

Do you want to understand the stuff before you attempt drafting a petition? - go here

http://www.sakshitrust.org/Learn_RTI/Online_Tutorial/

Okay so you've understood...well how about getting around to draft an application? - here is the link that explains all these with some neat case templates (aren't the problems the same since independence - how much rework you need to do anyway!)

http://www.sakshitrust.org/RTI_Tools/RT ... al_Issues/

Well... so you've applied & are cynical...take heart from the following success stories- yours could be one too! - just be at it!!

http://www.sakshitrust.org/Learn_RTI/Ca ... s_Stories/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue to the poll question!!

A few forums/organizations seem to come-out with some sound-bytes only for press coverage (where are you Capt. Rama Rao & Dr. Jayaprakash when there is a crying need for some activism? - don’t you people think great people start with little achievements? – why don’t you get us good roads to start with?) & amazingly we never see any organization utilizing the tantalizingly tempting tool called RTI act in this part of the country – are we really any better than Bihar? – ponder & vote)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dil pe mat le yaar....
http://vishrasayan.blogspot.com/
Vishrasayan

Re: Want to exercise your Right To Information – here’s how!

by Ravi. » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:38 am

I believe Dr.JP is instrumental in ratifying RTI Act.
Ravi.

by Vishrasayan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:46 am

thanks for sharing this ...
Vishrasayan

by Prasanthi Uppalapati » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:41 pm

Hi,

Thanks for sharing about a very good Web site.

There is a forum for RTI Act - United Forum. Sri Ramakrishnam Raju and Sri Nagendra Babu are doing commendable work.

Rakesh is also a very good activist when it comes to creating awareness on RTI.

Loksatta Organization (not party) is also doing good work.

Now Eenadu also launched its campaign.

You can see Rakesh's blog: http://rakesh-will-do-it.blogspot.com/

Thank you.

with regards,
Prasanthi.
Prasanthi Uppalapati

by Ravi » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:49 pm

prasanthi.. I have seen eenadu editorial launching RTI movement...but want to know how they are taking it forward?
Ravi

by thelmani » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:10 pm

How much exercise is good for my yellow lab/golden retriever mix? We have a 13 month old yellow lab/golden retriever mix. We let her go where ever she wants to go in the house and our yard is pretty big. How much exercise should she get in terms of fetching in our yard and going for a walk? Please be specific. Also, she is not fat. I just wanted to make sure she is as healthy as she can be.
thelmani

by digital dreamz » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:14 am

thelmani wrote:How much exercise is good for my yellow lab/golden retriever mix? We have a 13 month old yellow lab/golden retriever mix. We let her go where ever she wants to go in the house and our yard is pretty big. How much exercise should she get in terms of fetching in our yard and going for a walk? Please be specific. Also, she is not fat. I just wanted to make sure she is as healthy as she can be.

:lol: I think you've got the whole logic wrong, this is absolutely not the place where you should have posted your query :D
digital dreamz

by sunnys » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Awesome peice of information. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Iagree with all the points you have covered.
sunnys

by Fedd Drazden » Mon May 30, 2011 1:24 pm

Thanks for RTI Guide for Social Issues!
Finally I found some information about it :)
Fedd Drazden

by melanie22 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:15 pm

Thanks for letting us know about other good stuff !
melanie22

Return to Local Problems/Issues