Saturday, 27 April 2024 »  Login
in

tata indicom service sucks!

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

tata indicom service sucks!

by viju » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:07 pm

I have been a customer of tata indicom broadband wireline service for the past one year. Initially the service was alright. Then after a couple of months the connection became horribly slow. To add to my worries we never got our bills - even though Tata "couriered" them and they had a record of somebody "signing" against "delivery" of these bills - I only wonder how can courier guys deliver mail to people other than the intended recipients. Following several complains of non-receipt of bills and no action from Tata, and then disconnection of service time and again because of late payments thanks to non-delivery of bills - we took it on ourselves to go to an Indicom center and pay the amount every month. Then came some strange process change at Tata and they divided the phone and internet services as two entities - further confusion! When we went this month to pay the bill, the Indicom guys refused to take the payment for broadband and collected only the phone bill - and he didnt even have a clue where we had to make that payment. We come back and find out internet's suspended. Calls to customer care often spread of waiting like over 15 mins for a cust rep to respond coz they are "busy" led to finally collection of payment for internet... i thought my troubles ended here - but no, service hasn't been restored yet!!! If this is the way a private service operator works, i can only imagine how bureaucratic it gets in govt service providers... seriously advise anyone looking for an internet connection - to NOT go for Tata Indicom.
viju

Re: tata indicom service sucks!

by Portuguese Man-of-War » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:04 pm

BSNL (dataone) has home unlimited plans which are good - Rs. 750 for 256kbps and Rs. 1350 for 512kbps. Go to bsnl.co.in

BSNL is good as long as you do not expect any customer service. You don't have problems 360 days of the year, the other 5 days you have to grin and bear it.

As for Tata Indicom, here is the telephone number of the Head of Customer Service, AP, Shivkumar: 9246543034

Decent chap, gets things done. There's also another person, not sure if he is still there: Shivram Natarajan, Head (Sales), Tata Indicom, AP - 9246308080

Tata Indicom may have some problems, but they are far better than BSNL any day. I do not know how they fare against other private players, though.
Portuguese Man-of-War

Re: tata indicom service sucks!

by Helper » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:44 pm

i am using beam cable at home and bsnl/beam/tata at office.

i have personally seen at the tata klk office people always come and fight there, sometimes i saw even police officers in uniform coming there to complain and fight and gaali galoug to the guys there.

we have tata wireless and mobile at home if we have a problem we email to this guy he always helps a lot, pls try him. pls read below:

Dear Helper

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

In continuation to the below mail, we request you to kindly have a cross check and revert for further conclusion.

Assuring you our best services at all times. For any query, please feel free to mail us at Nodalofficer.ap@tatatel.co.in.

Regards,

Dheeraj Chathlani,
Nodal Officer-Andhra Pradesh
Contact Number: 9246399970.

this email to me was dated yesterday.
Helper

Return to Local Problems/Issues