Saturday, 27 April 2024 »  Login
in

TV news channels killing Hyderabad's image for TRPs

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Re: TV news channels killing Hyderabad's image for TRPs

by Nandan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:13 pm

To the News Channels:
Please do business with a human heart.
While thinking about gaining popularity, please do consider the harm that would be caused to our city/society.
Nandan

by Sreenivas » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:38 pm

How true, many news channels have been enthusiastic about publishing stuff like "Nalukalu peekutam", "Smasanam chestam". It is not merely the visual media, but news papers too. I have had calls from close relations wondering how I am doing fine when the city is burning. The scenes that are typically broadcast on TV do not seem to indicate any sense of responsibility. Do we need to necessarily see charred bodies, torn limbs, people putting fire to themselves.

The news media is only making things worse. I agree Telangana issue is a current one, what one would expect to see is healthy and rational discussions, analysis of issues with data, consequences, etc.. not how people are beating up others.
Sreenivas

by Parveen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 pm

These news channels that have mushroomed over the last few years are doing more harm than good to everyone, especially the young children. Violence, sex, real crime stories, etc are a regular feature. Added to all this the mis-information and unwanted publicity given to minor incidents in the city is providing negative information and worries to all those concerned with the city in some way or the other.

My old parents live in Andhra. There are a worried lot after seeing the incidents that are exaggerated and repeatedly telecast giving the impression that we are not safe here. They are not convinced even when I call them and inform that the unrest is only in one small part of Hyderabad and things are very normal here.

These news channels are accountable for the increase of incidents of rape, violence, etc as they corrupt young minds. The debates and discussions by unqualified people conducted on these channels have no meaning and thrust their opinions on the viewers..

We have stopped watching these channels.. Others should follow too.
Parveen

by Watchdog org for the TV media and journa » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:48 pm

There should be a watchdog org for the TV media and journalisam as like RBI for bnaking and IRDA for insurance.Only telugu channels will telecast unnecessary news without proper and complete set of news.They have to grow as like NDTV and other english news chanels.Most of the media compays are held by the congress party people and they are creating all the unlawful and unwanted news to grab the people to turn their way.

The incident of reliance on TV5 and ICICI news on TV9 was completely baseless and not proved properly.If any corporate company Vs and consumer service issues are taken place even now a days media is begging for money in crores from the corporate company for not to telecasting the news.

There should be some sort of rules and regulations to be followed for all media telecast.I hope the public should not ready to believe the news just like that and do not panic.

Earlier days only police and advocates will takes the money and supports for unlawful/unconditional things But now a days this knid of news channels also the highest earning people/co in the society.
Watchdog org for the TV media and journa

by TV channels display & local leaders » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:27 pm

MAY I REQUEST THE LOCAL CHANNELS TO PLEEESE GIVE A CORRECT PISTURE OF WHAT IS HAPPENNG & STOP DRAMATISING EVERY ISSUE.

THERE ARE VERY FEW PEOPLE WHO WANT SEPERATE STATE OF TELENGANA. CAN I ASK THE POLITICIANS WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE FOR US WHEN A NEW STATE IS CREATED.
1.DO WE HAVE ANYTHING WHICH THE ANDHRA PEOPLE ARE TAKING LIKE AGRICULTURE,INDUSTRIES PLEASE TELL WHAT WE HAVE EXCEP FOR HYDERABAD WHICH DOES NOT BELONG TO TELENGANA NOR ANDHRA.

WE ARE PROUD OF OUR CITY'S CULTURE WHICH OUR FOREFATHERS GAVE.
THE PEOPLE OF ALL STATES OF INDIA HAS DEVELOPED IT & IT BELONGS TO THEM.
ITS NOT THE PROPERTY OF Sri K.CHANDRASEKHAR RAO (born in Andhra)NOR THE LEADERS OF T.D.P. or CONGRESS WHO WANT SEPERATE STATE FOR THEIR SELF NEEDS.

Sri K.C.R. garu WHAT WERE YOU DOING WHEN YOUR CONSTITUENCY(mahboobnagar} WAS FLOODED IN OCTOBER & HOW CAN WE BELIEVE U NOW.PLEASE INFORM HOW MANY TIMES U VISITED THE CONSTITUENCY IN LAST 8 MONTHS.

SAME WITH Sri JANA REDDY WHO WAS NOT TAKEN IN MINISTRY BY LATE Y.S.R.? THERE MUST BE SOME GOOD REASON FOR THAT.

MAY I JOIN IN THE REQUEST TO THE LOCAL CHANNELS LIKE tv9, tv5,eenadu news,sakshi etc etc. TO TELL THE SUBORDINATES TO STOP THE NEWS IN COMMERCIAL WAY.

THE FUTURE OF THE STATE WILL BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR ACTION.

JAI HIND
TV channels display & local leaders

by HYPE BY TV CHANNELS » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:33 pm

THE IMAGE OF HYDERABAD HAS TAKEN A SEVERE BEATING JUST BECAUSE OF THE HYPE CREATED BY THE LOCAL TV CHANNELS WHO HAVE MADE A MOUNTAIN OUT OF A MOLE.

LET US STAY UNITED FOR A.P. & NOT DEVIDE THE STATE & I REQUEST THE EDITORS & OWNERS TO GIVE THE NEWS WITH CONSCIENCE IN THEIR HEART.

DONT MAKE A JOKE OF A.P.IN THE EYES OF THE WORLD.

THE CITY HAS SUFFERED ENOUGH & DEVELOPMENT HAS GOT A SETBACK OF 10 YEARS.
HYPE BY TV CHANNELS

by ASingh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:43 am

First thing first - FullHyd is doing a great service by picking up this topic for the sake of great Hyd.
Now, regarding the TV/news media dis-service to the city - its plain and simple disgusting.
We all want to make money, but how we do that is important to distinguish us from a thief or bandit...by indulging in such acts, you (media) are really hurting your own home, city, and family in long run. Infact, I would say the negative news should get smaller space than the positive.
The confidence of a society is key to building that soceity...give the people of the city and thereby all the investors from around the globe confidence that all the disturbances of the past 2-3 months are a passing phase and the city will quickly get back to its shine...
PLEASE DO THIS FOR YOUR OWN SELF, if not for me..
ASingh

by Gustavo Muñoz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:01 am

This city is no more unsafe as it was some time ago. Hyderabad shines on its own. It always has been a wonderful city for me. I love it and will always do. Please, stop misleading world's opinion towards Hyderabad.
Gustavo Muñoz

by TV channel killing hyderabad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:36 am

i tottaly agree that the news channels allways propogate the things incorrectly
i agree the are really spoiling the image of the city,they should stop wrong
reporting
TV channel killing hyderabad

by K RAMANUJAM, CHENNAI » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:38 am

Media always blow up one issue out of proportion for a day or two and then forget this issue totally and switch over to next one. I agree with that TV News Channels are also killing Hyderabad's great image.

At the same time, there is no necessity to unleash violence for this Seperate Telegana demand.
There are so many ways to put pressure on Central Government in ahimsa way. Where is the necessity now for a Seperate State ?? Some vested interests are funding this agitation for their personal gains . Who is going to fund the loss ??

Finally, this Seperate State of Telegana is a drama enacted by someone , played by someone, funded by someone and gains are being reaped by someone - ultimately the image of Hyderabad and good people of Andhra Pradesh are being damaged.
K RAMANUJAM, CHENNAI

by Esskay » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:38 pm

I fully appreciate fullhyd for this initiative. Recently I went to my hometown and people are asking me how bad the situation is and am like WHAT SITUATION. I had to keep telling them that except the black mail bandhs and the protests nothing's wrong with Hyderabad. They still wouldn't believe me. Also I guess it is time we Hyderabadis ask ourselves why did such a situation arise in first place? How did we allow OUR loving Hyderabad to be sidelined easily because of ONE political situation? May be we pushed our "CHALTA HAI MAAMOOO JAAN" attitude a bit too much.

Again I fully appreciate fullhyd.com. Apart from filling this forum do you guys have any more ideas that need ACTIVE PARTICIPATION. A peaceful march sounds like MORE news for these TV Channels! But any more ideas?
Esskay

by Kishore, Recruiting Manager AGS » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:37 am

I just want to say one thing to all TV Channels:
"Bad, wrong, rebellion news might be sensational. But you had enough and people had enough. If you continue this you will loss your credibility. We all including you know that TV is also business now; do you want to degrade your own business? It is time you should think as a sensible organization and be a hyedrabadi and save our city and flourish, spread the good deeds, which is the main motto of your work, please remember, once again PLEASE..."
Kishore, Recruiting Manager AGS

by Krag » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:33 am

I'm here in Los Angeles, away from Home and my family.
I compare TV 9 with KCal9 a Local News channel here in Los Angeles.

There are no scrollers.
There are no flashin news
There are no hypes.
Commericals are inspirational.
I feel happy watching such motivational news.
Whenever I switch to TV9, I get frustrated and sick.

Please stop unwanted hype and maintain harmony. Media should be a friend who supports us when in pain and not hurting with provoked situations.

Sarve Jana Sukinobhavanthu...
Krag

by Sridhar » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:15 am

Dont believe the committe... whatever might be the outcome of this comitteeee, the moment has to be continued. If any common man has affected with this, please report to your nearest police station but not complain / talk against T movement.

Mistake is not with TV channels but with everyone, Please revive the facts which caused this situation:

Everybody points to TRS, but why not Congress, TDP, PRP when they won their seats with T statement. Its very simple: At your home & within your family, you will not allow your neighbour to take a decision !!!! And also think about this: If Pak declared war with our country, what is important to all the citizens? Is it important a film shooting stopped or IT industry loosing touch / jobs due to war. Common guys wake up, committee will get same answers, Yes from Telangana & No from Seemandhra people, we are in the same situation !!! Jai Telangana... Jai Jai Telangana... Just Kidding "Committe will propose to build a big flyover to connect Seema, Andhra (Samakya Jamaicans) to Hyderabad"

You guys will react ANTI when a film shooting is stopped or IT Industry affected. What you are not affecting TV channel business now.

Wake up guys, mind your work if you are not interested in T movement. No one is forcing you be part of it or watch TV Channels.

Jai Telangana
Jai Jai Telangana
Sridhar

by Sridhar » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:23 am

Continuing my previous post....

Also to FULLHYDERABAD team, why dont come forward and do something for the T movement. Are you Samaikya Jamaican and does not want TV channels to show the reality??? Enough is enough, we want everyone to do business: Film shootings, IT industry and also TV Channels.
Sridhar

by Srinivas » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:54 am

Satyameva Jayate.. Dharmo Rakshati Rakshitaha.. Every one of us should be firm on these principles. Let the truth prevail and Let the Dharma be established. We are all part of this play written and being directed by God. We are just pawns in the god's play. Our role is just to play our part sincerely, honestly and with abject surrender to god! Let Dharma prevail! Let us all behave responsibily and do our duty!
Srinivas

by Chotekhan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:21 am

No they are not. In fact the problem is the other way round - they are not reporting what is actually happening on the streets and reporting that everything is normal. The exception is HMTV and Zee 24 gantalu. In reality Hyderabad is burning - burning with desire for Telangana. And let me tell you as a TRUE HYDERABADI - swearing on my three generations of hyderabadi ancestors, that I want nothing less than Telangana state with Hyderabad as its Capital.
- Chotekhan
Chotekhan

by MAHARSHI » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:41 am

To Mr. Sridhar,

I am an ardent supporter of separate Telangana. Being a writer i have contributed myself by writing poems and articles and promoted them on internet. At first when the movement started it was quite peaceful and looked very matured, but after that the uproar seemed mindless. Definitely the poliicl parties are influencing a lot and driving the protesters wild. And top of it, the news channels are making it more worse than ever.
Do you know something Mr. Sridhar Many are really getting frightend to enter our city. Many conferences are drifting away to Chennai, many investors are thinking twice before coming here. Why dont you understand the damage these media has done to our city. Thier hunt for TRPs is sinking the image of HYDERABAD.

Central government has appointed a commitee and it has some creditbility. Why dont we wait for the further step of the committee. And be ready to yell out at anyone who speaks a bit agioanst a movement showing him as supporter of Saimakya Andhra. You mentioned that when we are in a war with Pakistan are movies and IT important? Just for your knowledge buddy this is not kargil and we are not at war with Andhraites. Dont intensify the situation. JUst think once before commenting. Do you have any idea about the loss when these maniacs in the mask of protest and with sheer madness went onto destroy the movie settings and hurting artists? Because of these acts many are loosing work and they are from our telangana.

If you are questioning the integration of the people by picturising hem like jerks that is completely unfair. National intrests comes first than regional aspects. Why do we need to giva a chance to Government to raise a finger on us?

Now i know you will now picturise me like a integration supporting maniac. But, if you support the unrest, if you support this madness, if you support this hype created by media, if you support the loss of lives, future and jobs of young protesters and finally if you question my support and work i did for separate Telangana, then you are'nt an Indian.
MAHARSHI

by VChangeU » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Most of the TC channels are playing foul play in the entire episode of Telangana, they wanted news all the time and left behind the basic ethics.

By showcasing the recent happenings in the state, the image of AP and Hyderabad as a favorable destination for investment has taken serious beating.
Because of which we have lost thousands of crores and also lot of upcoming companies moved to neighbouring states. Our loss has become their gain and this will be continued further until these TV channels stop covering Telangana agitation.

It takes ages to build a reputation for attracting new Investors to the state and most importantly retaining the existing Investors from all the verticals..Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing Industries, IT, Real Estates, Hotels and many other sectors.

TV Channels are making the investors in the state to shift to other states by broadcasting wrong information all the time.

One TV channel reportedly showed in slow motion the lathi blows on a university student. As serious was the way some channels sensationalised the sequence, making it out to be much worse than it actually was.

One channel even went to the extent of reporting that the fasting leader was slipping into a coma, which was completely untrue.

Specially a NEWS channel, which claims as a No.1 NEWS channel in AP has made the situations more worse by inviting the wrong people to the studio and broadcasted the information which raised the communal equations among all the regions of AP.

Media should play a major role in controlling the situations in panic times, they can bring rapid changes in public attitudes by broadcasting the content.

They shouldn’t support the Trouble makers, they have to guide the people to understand the outcome of current situations. They should showcase more on positive aspects and less on negative.

The television coverage of the Telangana agitation should be an opener for the media researchers. It also calls for the urgent need of Broadcast Regulation System to monitor and suspending/banning of such channels who are in the race of TRP’s.

More Info: http://www.vchangeu.com/united_ap.html
email: vchangeu@gmail.com
VChangeU

by Narayana » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:46 pm

Its high time we introduced Media Censorship. The so called Reporters/Correspondents should pre-scrutinised and certified by the PCI. Any attempt to sensationalise any news item, should immediately disqualify the concerned person(s) and the concerned editor. Such persons should be de-barred from taking up these professions and the Media should be prohibited from employing such persons.
In the meanwhile, all the reporters/correspondents should be made to undergo the 'Civic Sense Test' and pledge to uphold peace & tranquility.
Narayana

by Veer Savarkar » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Nice thoughts, Narayana, but the problem is not the reporters - it is their bosses, and ultimately, the CEOs. The problem is perhaps that even an honest and well-meaning CEO cannot but do all this stuff, since if he tries to be balanced, his channel will lose to the competition, which is sensationalising.
Veer Savarkar

by Sudhir V » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:27 am

Dear Sir,
It is an excellent initiative taken up by fullhyd.Kudos for this job.It is really shocking to see the levels that news channels will stoop to for gaining popularity through higher TRP's.In the process,they are presenting lies as gospel truth.The sad part is that taking the cues from the Telugu News channels,the English News channels are also beaming all false news without undertaking a proper investigation themselves.
Is Hyderabad only Osmania University??OU is a small irrelevant part of Hyderabad and is not even a participant to the high growth and development that other areas of the city have witnessed.The actual Hyderabad which contributes to all the development and on which the majority of the city depends is from Secunderabad -Begumpet-Banjara Hills-Hitech City.The agitation had zero impact on these areas and even on so called Bandh days, you could witness normal activity in these localities.Why do the News channels selectively showcase news and promote falsehood??If the stretch that I mentioned has some problem,then Hyderabad will be totally shut down because almost 90% of the city's activities and development is focussed on these areas.Nothing happens to Hyderabad due to disturbances at OU.
The News channels are just creating a hype to sustain their ratings and are making money out of this issue.They are behaving as cheaply as certain political parties whose survival depends on creating such disturbances.Unfortunately they have taken the public for a big ride who have lost their sense of discrimination between what is reality and what is hype.
For the tax paying public,for people who has contributed to the city's growth and for people who actually are going on with their normal lives,the situation created by the news channels has led to unnecessary hardships.It is also extremely surprising that most of these so called News channels have sprouted up just before the Assembly elections last year ,again not with the intention to project the right news,but with an ignoble intention to make money.

Since the common public does not have the sense to discriminate between hype and reality and will be slaves to whatever rubbish the News channels will show and since the News channels will continue to create hype and stories for their TRPs everyday(what happened to Hyderabad Metro project,What happened to V Suryanarayana Fisheries Scam,why doesnt the Media show consistency in following a case till its logical conclusion,why do they depend on surviving on news only for that day),it is high time that we have a disciplinary code for the functioning of these so called news channels.My take is that their standard is no more than gossip channels and people are unfortunately getting fooled everyday.
We need to stop this cancer from spreading further.Please take this initiative to the highest level possible and lets bring some sanity to the place where we live instead of getting dictated by irresponsible politicians and greedy news channels.

Thanks
Sudhir V

by D CHATTERJEE » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:17 am

I am a business person from Kolkata. Now I am visiting Hyderabad frequently for expansion of our business. My experience is that both TRS and the Local electronic media are damaging the image and economy of Hyderabad. The TRS are calling strikes now & then without any justified issue and the local media are making them successful to create chaos by giving extra ordinary exposure to the small number of agitators. I have never seen that the emergency services like medical shops/ hotels etc affected by any strike, which I saw in Hyderabad.
On the contrary the national electronic media are performing there role in a professional and unbias manner. The local media should stop the game of creating Panic among the people. bOTH TRS & lOCAL MEDIA Please think of the outsiders who are comming to your city for some reason and FACING LOT OF PROBLEMS, you are only responsile giving wrong signal to the people.
D CHATTERJEE

by Mohammed Taquidiin Nasar » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:51 pm

Dear All,

Hyderabad is our Pride !!!!!!!!!! and we cannot bear any one Spoil our Hyderabad Image,
and its an humble Request to our T.V news Channels don't show any thing Aganist our Hyderabad.

if you can not show the good Side of the Hyderabad than plz don't show any things False news with out any Proof.
Mohammed Taquidiin Nasar

by carellacaren » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:29 am

TV new channels and Other medias are bad elements of our country. They all our local enemies, they play like our nethas who is looting our country. They are the real terrorist of our country.
Dear public, please don't waste your time by destroying our own property, we are very hard to achieve all those things. We are in one nation. Live as a Indian and Die as a Indian. Jai Hind.
Carellacaren.
carellacaren

PreviousNext      

Return to Local Problems/Issues