Saturday, 27 April 2024 »  Login
in

Vehicle checkings in Hyderabad

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Vehicle checkings in Hyderabad

by SR » Wed May 19, 2010 3:30 pm

Since few weeks, Police dept is conducting vehicle checkings in major areas in and around city.
I was stopped twice yesterday near Hitech city and Gachibowli junction while returning from my workplace to home at around 8 pm.

They asked me to show my License and RC. I did show them along with Pollution check certi. then he asked Insurance papers. I took my patience to pull out from the box under seat and did show him the papers.

In the meanwhile, he left many commuters bypassing the same route and i personally felt that daily they are checking 30 - 40% of commuters only. It is not that I am pointing why he left others and do a tip-toe checking of few people but what exactly i am trying to point out is If any illegal person is escaping in the other 60% people, then what is the use of security checks..?

I asked the same to constable that even though he checked all the docs but wasn't interested to check whether it is me in the photo pasted in License( i was wearing helmet and he didn't ask me to remove the helmet).i even asked him what would be the usein wasting time in checking insurance papers of one's bike when someone else might be escaping with theft vehicle or someone whose identity is very much illegal.

SI intervened and told that these checkings cover all the things(may be their pockets also).
all of sudden everyone's attention diverted to person who had his bike insurance papers expired and another person who had forgot to make pollution check of his bike. he collected around 300 bucks instead they can keep a RTA pollution vehicle nearby and get them done right at the spot.

Even they can warn to get the insurance done but why waste time in checking the papers and let other criminals go.

wanted to suggest this.

comments accepted.
SR

Re: Vehicle checkings in Hyderabad

by Stephan » Sun May 30, 2010 3:12 pm

First thing what police in most of other countries, they check numberplate are the same as on RC. they never do that in India, maybe because here in number plates not issued by police but can be made on any corner
Stephan

Re: Vehicle checkings in Hyderabad

by andy88 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:36 pm

thanks for letting us know about the vehicle testing center.
andy88

Return to Local Problems/Issues