Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Second Vehicle Extra Tax

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Second Vehicle Extra Tax

by Satya » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:50 pm

I bought a new two wheeler. After that I came to know that, if you already own a vehicle, you need to pay extra tax on the second vehicle. I immediately sold my old vehicle and also transferred the ownership to the buyer.
But the agent says if the old vehicle is on my name as on the purchase date of new vehicle I need to pay 5% extra tax.
and some other agent told that as the ownership is now transfered, I need not pay any extra tax at the time of registration. Which is correct?
Satya

Re: Second Vehicle Extra Tax

by Smilin_harsh » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:07 pm

pal,
at the time of purchase of the new vehicle, if you already have vehicle in your name and the same gets picked up during the registration formalities then you would have to pay for the extra tax.

there are two possibilities

1- if you have transferred the existing vehicle and then registered the new one, u need not pay the tax.
2 - if you register the new vehicle in your name which in case doesnt match with the RC dept records of your existing vehicle then they will never know that you already have a vehicle, therefore no extra tax.

have i confused you ???? i hope not..
cya
Smilin_harsh

Re: Second Vehicle Extra Tax

by wendy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Yes, you need to pay 2% more for second vehicle you own. Probably if you sell your bike before your car gets registered you will be able to save that 2% by showing some proof of selling the bike. Thats definitely possible. Alternatively, get the car registered on your wife's name, if married. It will save that 2% provided there is no other vehicle registered on her name too.
wendy

Re: tax consultant near me

by Grettos » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:17 pm

I bought a new two wheeler. After that I came to know that, if you already own a vehicle, you need to pay extra tax on the second vehicle. I immediately sold my old vehicle and also transferred the ownership to the buyer.
But the agent says if the old vehicle is on my name as on the purchase date of new vehicle I need to pay 5% extra tax.

and some other agent told that as the ownership is now transfered, I need not pay any extra tax at the time of registration. Which is correct?

which option did you choose?
Grettos

Return to Local Problems/Issues