Saturday, 27 April 2024 »  Login
in

Roads become worst because heavy rains

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Roads become worst because heavy rains

by Pranusha » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:59 pm

Foremost problem in Hyderabad in rainy season is roads. While passing through Ameerpet, you will only find pits and water surrounded. In the main road, where there is much traffic in front of Bigbazaar, road totally damaged, and traffic totally strucked there itself. But no one is there to take care. The problem been there for the past one month month but no one bothered of that. How this problem will be solved?
Pranusha

Re: Roads become worst because heavy rains

by pradeep » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:35 am

Very simple., i can resolve in secs.
pradeep

by Pranusha » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi Praveen,

If it is simple then resolve it..
Pranusha

by rusmart » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Easy............get rid of the corrupt politicians and teaching proper civic sense to the common man. If everyone complies many such problems will vanish.
rusmart

by pradeep. » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:08 am

check out this simple article..that talks about mayor seeking little fund in regards to repairs..
http://www.hindu.com/2010/09/15/stories ... 260300.htm

I donot know if they donot actually have funds for that.., but atleast they seem to be making some efforts..

I think it is quite possible to send out a written complaint in a formal sense to mayor.. :)

If there is no response for ages and ages.., :oops:
then record a video footage of the event described by you.. keep the vid. to yoursefl...and analyze it to think thru a solution.. :shock:

thxs..
pradeep.

by jatinr » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:28 pm

As stated above file an official complaint with the municipal corporation, also you can file complaint with various online consumer sites like http://www.evyoo.com etc
jatinr

by Gopi » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Yes, some of the stretches have become extremely bad (near kondapur, kukatpally, some stretches of jubilee hills ..). I guess, it is more of an issue in laying the right-quality roads in the first place.

I have posted the details of how the road works are typically taken up by GHMC at
http://www.citizensocial.com/blog/2010/10/process-for-road-works-in-ghmc/

People post their local issues at citizensocial.com, come together and track them to completion. I have been trying to track down few of the issues posted on citizensocial myself and in the process, met few GHMC officials who were very cordial and explained the process.

Looks like there are already few road works which got approved, so hopefully, we will see some roads back in shape... atleast till the next drizzle :-)

-- gopi
(citizensocial.com)
Gopi

by Nutan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:33 am

Based on traffic movement, it is proposed that roads be widened to four lane or six lane. The road development plans include widening, construction of footpaths, and beautification works. But the roads in the city is in a horrifying state. Newly constructed roads are dug to repair water pipes or to attend drainage issues. These works continue for days together causing lot of inconvenience to the commuters, blocking the traffic and increasing pollution from the smoke let out from the vehicles. Numerous ditches, little puddles of water which are covered due to rainwater adds to the woes of the grieving commuters. In addition, what calls for attention is the speed breakers that are constructed in a very haphazard manner. It's not astonishing to know why people are suffering from back pain, spine disorder or respiratory diseases. Hope the MCH looks into the issue and work to make Hyderabad clean, green and safe.
Nutan

by jaasin11 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:06 am

After every rainy season most of the south Indian road become worst and travelling through these roads are a nightmare. Today I was going in a three wheeler and those roads were on such a horrible condition which I cannot explain. I was holding the Iron road in the three wheeler very tightly to escape from falling outside. The vehicle was jumping on all the way. Mostly this happens in those roads where traffic is high.
jaasin11

by Kerrie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:34 am

jatinr wrote:As stated above file an official complaint with the municipal corporation, also you can file complaint with various online consumer sites like http://www.evyoo.com etc

seems like good advice...
Kerrie

Return to Local Problems/Issues