Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

what is mainframe testing software?

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

what is mainframe testing software?

by Rajib Khan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:10 am

Hello, every body how are you?
Can anyone help me to explain what basically a MAINFRAME testing is...?. I am doing functionl testing using Mainframe environment that includes ISPF Menu, CICS and different Batch Jobs.I am geting lots of Interview calls for a "Mainframe Tester".

Please provide information about the Mainfrme Testers Profile and what type of questions usually asked in the interview.

Regards,
Rajib Khan
Rajib Khan

Re: what is mainframe testing software?

by asif321 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:47 pm

Blackbox testing of mainframe programs are fairly straightforward. You are not dealing with "Windows" and object oriented programming. Nor are you dealing with heavy-weight relational databases. Mainframes are designed to handle many simultaneous entries at a very fast rate. I worked in an environment that handles up to 5 million entries at a time with a response time in seconds.If you are looking at COBOL (bless you) it depends on the environment, i.e. banking, government, and some telecom providers. TPF is used in airlines, credit card companies, and transportation in general.
asif321

by nhoz » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Awesome answer, thank you asif321.
nhoz

by Alisha Kapoor » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:49 pm

See http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Number=389488.
Alisha Kapoor

Return to Local Problems/Issues