Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Frustrating, Humiliating

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Frustrating, Humiliating

by Housefull Furniture Kukatpally Hyderabad » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:08 pm

I was eventually delivered a lounger sofa and glass center table on 21st September, 2012 even though I received an SMS on 19th September, 2012 stating - "Welcome RAJAT GHOSH, Your goods have been delivered. Your HDC number is 1025/2012/2567"

The carpenter came on 22nd September, after unpacking both the items, it was found the bottom glass of the center table was cracked and sofa damaged and torn. We asked the carpenter to inform Housefull immediately but in return he gave us a number to call the logistics/warehouse. After speaking to some Mr. Chari, he interrogated me about the damages/cracks in the items and told the glass would take 7-10 days to get replaced since it will come from Mumbai, he is not sure on the sofa since stocks are limited, in return a sofa repair person will come to fix it. I argued if its a new item which has come in a damaged condition why will it be not replaced, in reply he said to talk to the Housefull Kukatpally store manager - Mr. Praveen. Our ordeal has just started, it was a continuous follow-up on calls, we also spoke to Mr. Mukesh, the glass of the center table was fixed after 1 month. The sofa was still lying in the same condition without any action from Housefull Kukatpally branch. My wife with less than a year old baby visited the store twice to meet Mr. Praveen in person, during the 1st visist she was made to wait more than an hour and Mr. Praveen didnt bother to meet or pass on a message and in the 2nd visit after 3 months, Mr. Praveen decided to replace the sofa as it was out of stock.

We paid additional Rs. 2500 to get another model on 28th November, 2012 and got an SMS stating - "Welcome RAJAT GHOSH, Thank you for shopping with Housefull. Your HDC number is 1025/2012/3031".

The new sofa was delivered on 20th December, 2012 and installation happened on the next day.

Again while fixing the sofa it was found the 3 seater has torn fabric underneath and one of the 1 seater came with wrong pairs of legs. We were again told by the carpenters it would take sometime to get the legs since they have to be shipped from Mumbai warehouse.

Since 21st December 2012 we have been continuously following up with Mr. Praveen but no action has taken place the sofa is yet to be fixed.

I have posting this complaint with great amount of frustation and this would be my last purchase from Housefull furniture.
Housefull Furniture Kukatpally Hyderabad

Re: Frustrating, Humiliating

by gia » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:26 pm

This was indeed a bad experience.. A month back my friend has purchased a dining table set from Housefull Furniture. The delivered it on time with no complaints. Maybe yours is a rare case..
gia

Return to Local Problems/Issues