Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Misbehaving ppl

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Misbehaving ppl

by Ravi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:22 pm

Today I had one of the worst experiences in my life time, and I want to share it.

I work in a software firm, and commute daily by my own car. Today, while heading for office, I was about to take a U turn. There was huge traffic in the opposite direction, in which was a political party member's vehicle, and it hit my vehicle.

It was the mistake of that car's driver, who was driving rashly, that he hit my vehicle, and small marks appeared on the bumpers of both the vehicles. I ignored it as there was huge traffic.

Later, however, the driver and passenger (the party member) created a huge scene as if the mistake was due to me. The driver was using plenty of foul language and was trying to lift his hand on me. On the other hand, the party member was ready preparing the financial settlement, and was asking for money on the road. He was travelling with his family with small kids and they were also watching the scene created by them.

I was ready to visit a service centre and get the repair done (which I think even the showroom people wouldn't bother with as it was just a mark which can be easily removed with some shampoo), but they ignored that suggestion.

Everyone was watching the scene on the road, as the party member was asking for Rs. 10,000 for the repair, which I refused.I was shocked that they were arguing for such a small scratch and asking for such huge money.

Being a political person how can he be such rude to the public? He was scaring me that he would hand me over to the police and would land me in trouble with his influence.

I give respect to that party but when a member of that party does something like this to the public, I can't trust or respect it any more.

After a lot of argument, I decided to pay Rs. 5,000, which is also huge for that scratch. While returning, I could see the driver and the party member smiling at each other. I felt disgusted at that scene. I was also upset at how much people stoop for money.
Ravi

Re: Misbehaving ppl

by Portuguese Man-of-War » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:21 pm

Hi Ravi

I'm sorry for what you've been put through. I do not think you should have paid the money. You should have let them drag it to the police station. If you give it enough time, the truth usually wins.

The most useful thing might have been to post this politician's name in here. That way, people will get to know what this person is really like, and they would also be likely to share the page on Facebook/Twitter. Also, future searches on Google would show up this post for a search for him.
Portuguese Man-of-War

Return to Local Problems/Issues