Saturday, 27 April 2024 »  Login
in

Harrasment on Hyd Airport

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

by Mike » Thu Jan 03, 2002 12:30 am

Its too Much specially whern u waor hard out side ur country for more than a year and when u come back u are so harrased as if u have done some crime by coming to ur home town
Mike

by hyderabadi » Sun Jan 06, 2002 12:30 am

This is not unique to the airport in Hyderabad--this happens in many airports around the world. If you\'re male (from India) and have traveled alone in the USA, Canada or Europe after 9/11/2001, you will know what I am talking about. Indian airports, sometime, are the worst in this respect.
hyderabadi

by a bitter traveller » Sun Jan 06, 2002 12:30 am

Fact is there are THUGS still operating at Indian Airports disguised as police/immigration workers, icluding their high ranking so called officers. Their only mission in life is to rob travellers of their money, mostly the foreign currency. Nobody should have any doubts about it.
This makes the whole society & the country, band of THUGS.
Sorry,Bara saab, you thought you have eliminated the Thug cult from India. Very very sorry, they are alive & thriving well at Mumbai
airport, in Police uniforms.
a bitter traveller

by Indian student » Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:30 am

Officers get job in Customs and Immig just to make money/This is true except for a few rare gems of India. All are involved in the pool. So donot expect for miracles to happen. On my visit to India last summer, in Bombay airport--customs. All people from about 3 planes were asked to be in lines(Just two) It is cleaar and obvious why this is so. And some Arabs were willing to pay extra to get out soon and it was done. THis is the state of the arrival terminals and it looks like a wearhouse or a godown. Sorry to say. But the truth is bitter. Any comments..
Indian student

by Pardon Me » Sat Jan 12, 2002 12:30 am

Yes, most people will be surprised that almost all airports across the world would provide withyou a similar experience. What is the use of blaming India only. I have had similar experiences at Singapore - Changi, Dallas, Chicago, New York and San Franciso Airports.

The correct thing to see is whether you are doing something wrong. If so, then you should be ready for incoveniences if not just shut up because whatever is being done is for everybody\'s security and safety.
Pardon Me

by Sukumara » Wed Jan 16, 2002 12:30 am

we are talking about the harrashment we receive at the hyderabad airport. You are diverting the topic of this thread. We are not worried or concerened about how other airport officials are treating you, but atleast you dont expect that treatment in your home country. You get more harrashment then other airports. This is the fact accept it.
Sukumara

by whats in a name » Sat Jan 26, 2002 12:30 am

yeah indian airports are the worst when it comes to harassing the travellers ,the indian custom guys are nothing but a bunch of beggars or shall i say theives who are always on the look out for foreign currency or any gadgets for their children ,they harras u and if u dont bribe them ,disgusting shameful,i think sunny doesl shoul also make a pseudo patriotic mivie like indian or gadar on indian airports .
whats in a name

by Simbarajan » Wed Apr 10, 2002 12:30 am

Most of these problems are really Management problems - virtually, no management in any of the government run mobocracies. Standards - Measurement - Improvement even today are not heard off in many of the institutions in India and as result, no matter what the employees do - they get to keep the job, get promoted, and secure salary hikes. Perfect system for maintaining the status quo. Remove job security, the services across the country improve overnight. But we as people keep voting for FIRST CLASS IDIOTS preaching \'set asides\' and turn around and moan and groan.
Simbarajan

Return to Local Problems/Issues