Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Non resident hyderabadis need to do something worthwhile fo

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

by TERMINATOR » Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:30 am

this doesnt sound gooood bhamiya.
TERMINATOR

by Ucchu Mian » Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:30 am

How about breakfast Bhaimiya???
Ucchu Mian

by Faheem » Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:30 am

Help your needy relatives FIRST with charity, then your neighbours, and then others. If everyone follows this, then Inshallah their will be no needy in this world.
Faheem

by Bhaimiya » Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:30 am

Ucchu mian: Breakfast bakhadrey baddam (almond), ab us becharey ka kya pet bharega adhey baddam sey.
Bhaimiya

by zahyr » Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:24 am

I was delighted to know that Hyderabad still enchant people quite well with its far flung folk talks. The love of the city and their experiences they had with the city no
matter how much you write is never complete.

While this forum is still catching up with Questions? to do something for the city of HYD and how? I would like to share
some of the HYD history concept it was based on.

For the present, HYD need to be propoperly understood for its identity prior to catogorizing in what sphere of development or way of life you can contribute. It is always not necessary that monitory help to a few needy individuals or institutions will whitwash the city of its priorities. The contributions in a form of a forum discussions can also be a fruition towards a participation.

Well, here we go.......It was all started
during the period of the Quli dynasty, when the Golkonda was found to be not
enough to house the expanding urbanization of that time. The rulers thought
of a independent planning team whose only brief was to search for a place
virgin in content(unhabitated by any ideological landmarks) and with all the
required natural resources around. In other words an idea of paradise city was
floated to search for a location. The planning team was comprised of men of
scholarly background and diversive ethenicity. It took quite a long period
of hardwork,and finally when it was identified it really was befitting a
place equal of a paradise.

The present HYD metropolis is now among the few
cities of the world in which multi-ethnic community life is still
flourishing with all its peace and glory ever since its founders(Quli
dynasty)to its saviours(Asifjahi\'s) and finally to its present patrons who has
showered all they can to maintain the HYD\'s heritage for the future
generation to carry on the good works required to keep the love of city
paramount and flourishing.

zahyr

PS: 1)The above is an extract from a papers presented in one of the MIT-Boston seminar by the author quite some time back. 2) I invite HYD lovers and friends to contribute something from HYD peculiar and rare elements of history for all to enjoy, which other words are just in books only.
3) yeh silsila HYD carvaan ka aisa hi badhta jaayae.....kuch tum kaho kuch hum aur kuch sub......
zahyr

by Shaad Aabaad » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:08 pm

Why don\'t we start an NGO in HYD? Mebbe all us NRIs cud get togther n do something. We need efforts not money and good ideas...
Shaad Aabaad

by b. » Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:51 pm

Shaad and Faheem bhai
<br>I have expressed my views earlier somewhere in these boards, we can make a big difference with Education in the Old City (as a start) lets buy purani haveli and turn it into a real IIT or at least a Rosary Convent or something.
b.

by Shaad Aabaad » Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:36 pm

why not? Let all those who agree say \"Aye\"..!!
Shaad Aabaad

by Ravi » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:49 pm

On the toilet business - wonder if any of you guys have seen those loo boxes in other countries - especially the US. pretty neat. They even get 4 or 5 of those if there is a mela or something. I think we need those more than huge sulabh complexes. If theres any company ready to setup those restroom boxes in the city and elsewhere - I am ready to invest.
<br>
Ravi

by b. » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:33 pm

Ravi, it will be interesting for you to know that these porta-toilets were recently used to smuggle Mexican labor and they were caught on the San Diego freeway. Cops found dozens of men and women stashed inside.
b.

by Naz » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:40 am

I am so glad that this board is still being read and the worthy thoughts of all the Hyderabadis are on it.
Naz

by b. » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:59 pm

Yeah, you have a nice board. I want prestigious schools - like Army, HPS, Nasr, Convent - to open in Mughalpura and Chanchalguda or Yakutpura with some financial aid from NRIs. People have not realized the value of basic education. (I hope I am not dreaming when saying this.) Look at a scenario... we have HPS in the middle of the old city, classes are running and suddenly there are riots and groups come out armed on the streets. And then a few kids come out of the school and tell them, \"Excuse me, we are busy studying here, please.\" And so the groups forget about their fighting and say \"Oh accha accha beta, aap padho, hum ab jatey hain.\" And they quietly leave!
b.

by shaikh » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:36 pm

we must do something to make things better and kinder and gentler, quality basic education is really the key at this moment. for sure...
shaikh

by BeerYanni » Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:10 am

Oh my God!!!
<br>
<br>
Get a bit practical, okay? And forget the emotional bit of people going back due to a filmi dialogue...
<br>
<br>
Well, the point here is that even if you have a million toilets around the city, unless you get basic civic sense drilled into people, nobody is going to use them. What do you say to that?
BeerYanni

by BeerYanni » Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:31 am

By the way, I am a resident of Hyderabad and wanted to let the guys on this board that I am willing to do my bit for this city of mine if somebody can guide me... (the problem is that I don\'t know where to start as there are so many things to do here)... If anybody can suggest an NGO, I am willing to join it and work for a better future for all of us.
BeerYanni

need for charity

by tester » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:04 am

Agreed.
tester

Previous                

Return to NRIs