Friday, 19 April 2024 »  Login
in

Non resident hyderabadis need to do something worthwhile fo

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

by Naz » Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:30 am

We have so many hyderabadis all over the world and doing very well in their respective fields. I wish we could all get together and do something for the city that has given us so much. We love the city and what it has done for us. I think it is only fair that we do something in return. Even a scholarship for a needy student for a year would be welcomed. I wish there was an organisation or an individual who would do this kind of work in Hyderabad.
Naz

by Kulcha Hyderabadi » Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:30 am

Noble thoughts Naz... I know at least of one such organization that takes care of needy and poor people through funds provided by NRI and local Hyderabadis too. The organization is \"Economic Forum\" and managed by Babu Khan (ex MP).
Kulcha Hyderabadi

by A Hyderabad Lover » Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:30 am

Hey. Something worthwhile for Hyderabad. You know what?
Our dear Hyderabad needs good and clean toilets before anything else. The public have a right to relieve their bladders without getting new diseases. If some one can assure that basic need of Hyderabad, We can tunnel some dollars to the organization that takes that responsibility. Let this be a first small step in making our Hyderabad a healthy and clean place.
A Hyderabad Lover

by Naz » Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:30 am

I know about it, but I am not very impressed with their work. I can only say something is better than nothing. There are needy people about whom no one knows and I wish there was some way we could get to them. The Economic Forum is working but I am not sure if they are getting to the roots. I can\'t say that anyone is to be blamed as I am not doing my bit for hyderabad. But I sincerely wish there was some way we could do something as a way of thanking our Hyderabad.
Naz

by Kulcha Hyderabadi » Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:30 am

Naz - \"A small deed is better than a big intention\" - I find the Hyderabad Economic Forum doing some good work. There are other organizations too. You can do your bit by helping those whom you know: your relatives, nieghbors, friends etc. etc. There are lots of less fortunate people back home who could do well with our help. Good luck.
Kulcha Hyderabadi

by Naz » Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:30 am

Very true.
Naz

by Prince » Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:30 am

My Suggestion is - Pick a boy/girl from a slum nearby your area in Hyd. or for eg. son/daughter of your own servent. Get that boy/girl admitted to a decent school and bare all the expenses of schooling atleast till basic education. At the end you will be happy you did that. Education is the best form of help you can give it to anybody.
May you all be rewarded for all your deeds and best of intentions.
Prince

by Kulcha Hyderabadi » Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:30 am

Great suggestion Prince and for NRIs\' it wont cost much. Education is still cheap in India, at least to the High School level. Very very good thought indeed. If all NRIs were to do this, we will have a lot more educated people, a reduction in child labor, more tolerence in the society, drop in crime rates arising out of illiteracy etc. etc. There are many benefits.
Kulcha Hyderabadi

by Bhaimiya » Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:30 am

Good suggestion Prince and we hope allways you post comments like this.
Bhaimiya

by akhila » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:30 am

Why the hell does everybody think that NRIs are minting money?Its a shame to all NRIs that they go for false prestige when they visit their home back in india.What an NRI earns here is equivilant to what a average s/w engg earns there in good companies.That average s/w engg guy there is saving nothing right? taxes , rent , hospitals , groceries etc etc , Same is the case here.Please keep this in mind when u think about an NRI
akhila

by tarun » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:30 am

you know that NRIs are too busy accumulating properties with their earnings having no time even to take a deep breath even once in an entire day. why scream to a deaf ear?
tarun

by jeevan » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:30 am

how cud u give such a noble idea for such commercial brains of NRIs?I dont say that hyerabadis are very unselfish , but u can find atleast one person staying in hyd who thinks about doing good for hyd. But u can never find even one NRI with such noble thoughts.
jeevan

by Prince » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:30 am

Thanks Guys for your comments. FYI I live in CA.
Prince

by CA » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:30 am

what is CA?
CA

by CIA » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:30 am

San Jose, California
CIA

by FBI » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:30 am

Great!!!
FBI

by NRI » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:30 am

All you BUGGERS! Stop thinking that all NRIs have unlimited and infinite amount of dollars. See what Akhila has written(the first message). Just because you didn\'t get a chance to earn in US, most of you are writing your miserable thoughts on this board.
NRI

by Kulcha Hyderabadi » Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:30 am

I guess we need to exclude NRIs from US in this discussion. NRIs in Arabian Gulf make decent money (tax free) too and incur lesser exependiture (cost of living) as compared to NRIs in the US.
Kulcha Hyderabadi

by Dil Hai Hydbadi » Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:30 am

It doesn\'t matter how much you can come up with to help others back home in Hyderabad. If you can spend 500 rupees on buying books or paying for a few slippers for 10 students in 1st grade - all those are very worthy things to do. I am certain if you can find it in you to help someone, you will be able to find a way.

Buy CRY greeting cards and calenders - if you can, buy them in bulk and distribute to your friends and co-workers in USA.
Dil Hai Hydbadi

by Ucchu Mian » Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:30 am

I share the opinion of \"Dil hai Hydbadi\" . Where there is a will there is a way ! Whether you are a NRI or not if you a have feeling for the needy you do something ! It\'s pity that whenever we talk of parting some money for others, it gets to our nerves.

Atleast make a mind in favour of what Akhila is asking for as a first step towards this journey and perhaps you would be able to walk further down this road.
Ucchu Mian

Sorry guys I wanted to refer to the posting of NAZ , when I said Akhila..
Ucchu Mian

by Kulcha Hyderabadi » Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:30 am

\"CHARITY IS NOT WHEN YOU THROW A BONE TO THE DOG - CHARITY IS WHEN YOU SHARE A BONE WITH THE DOG\"
Kulcha Hyderabadi

Charity, dog, bone, sharing --- not a decent mix to popularise.
Ucchu Mian

by Bhaimiya » Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:30 am

I agree with Ucchu Mian comments.
Bhaimiya

by Bhaimiya » Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:30 am

CHARITY IS NOT WHEN YOU GAVE LEFTOVERS TO A BEGGER - CHARITY IS WHEN YOU SHARE YOUR LUNCH OR DINNER WITH A BEGGER?
Bhaimiya

Next         

Return to NRIs