Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Life in Saudi Arabia...

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by Explorer » Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:01 am

Tell your thoughts and experiences of KSA.
Explorer

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by Shahed » Sun Aug 18, 2002 8:25 pm

Its Different.......
Shahed

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by Bhaimiya » Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:09 pm

Bhai Shahed khali different bolney sey nahi chalta zara explain karo Saudi ki life kesey hey, khubooz kitney mein hey, mess ka kya rate chalra aajkal, hundi ka kya rate hey, hundi ki kaal kitney mein hey aur saat saat mein ladkiyon ki khilaat key barey mein bhi batawo, saat mein pan ka rate bhi batado - aur kya, chalo ab cricket kheliengey.
Bhaimiya

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by Khariji » Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:48 am

Alhamdulillah, safest place in the world!
Khariji

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by Kulcha Hyderabadi » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:04 am

On life in Saudi Arabia (Part - I): A couple of weeks back, I was invited to a birthday party at an NRI’s swanky villa at Jubilee Hills. After a sumptuous dinner, a 7-course meal: we settled down in the tastefully decorated, cool and dimly lit (chandeliers from Belgium and furniture by Chippendale) plush living room of our generous host. Most of us, who have never been abroad, were curious to know about life in Saudi Arabia, both working conditions and social life. Our host, who was dressed like a movie star in this three-piece Giorgio Armani Suit, gave us a brief account of his wonderful life in the desert kingdom. He works for a Multi-National Company in the Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia and has been there for several years like millions of other expatriates. “Life is pretty cool,” he said. “Most of us work 40 hours a week, great tax-free salary, annual paid vacation (40 days) with round-trip tickets for eligible dependents; free health care, educational assistance program for children and healthy bonuses. Generally, working conditions are genial, no stress, no deadlines and no politics” He paused, gave us a friendly smile, took out a gold toothpick to explore his gold capped teeth, checked time in his gold Rolex studded with diamonds and continued, “Social life is great. We have hundreds and thousands of Indians. Weekends (Thursday, Friday) are time for fun and partying. Miles and miles of natural beaches with resorts, cabanas, jogging tracks, hundreds of multi-cuisine restaurants and delis, health clubs, picnic spots, theme parks, amusement centers are a great attraction for families and kids. For more adventurous type, fishing, snorkeling, jet skiing, sand-dune buggies, and deep sea diving. Fabulous shopping malls with products from all over the world and gold souks (markets) are worth seeing. Annual shopping festivals offer grand clearance sales where you can pick up designer stuff at throw away prices. And for those who cannot shake-off their Desi habits, you can get practically anything of Indian origin (Meat, groceries, clothes, footwear and vegetables). We even have Indian Festivals, Cultural Associations and Community Centers etc. Cost of living is quite inexpensive and the savings are high. The Indian School, affiliated to CBSE, offers education up to Senior Secondary Level. The quality of education is excellent and there are about 8000+ students (boys and girls) at the school in Dammam.” He loosened his Pierre Cardin neck tie, adjusted the thermostat of the split Air Conditioner with hand-held remote control, inspected his Gucci shoes for any speck of dirt, then lit a Dunhill cigarette with a gold plated Dunhill lighter that matched his gold plated cuff links and the gold plated pen in his breast pocket. I was mesmerized by all this. I asked him in a weak tone when does he plan to come back and settle down in India. He gave me an incredulous look, “My friend,” he said, “After living there for such a long time, I have no intention of coming back. Why should I? The place is safe and secure, almost negligible crime-rate and I have a great job. Even if I lose this one, I can find another without much fuss. Not only us Indians, I have met several western expatriates who have been here for decades and do not wish to go back! I guess I will work there until I reach retirement age” At this point, his wife summoned him on the intercom (video-phone type) and we had to leave. He showed us to the door and gave us a warm handshake. The fragrance of the expensive Cologne was overpowering and I didn’t fail to notice at least three diamond rings on his right hand; I thought they were designed by Tiffany & Company. I was convinced that Saudi Arabia is the place for making money for someone like me with average education, skills and competencies. I already had drawn up a picture in my mind; grandiose palaces, gold paved sidewalks and oil rich sheikhs going round in shiny Rolls, Cadillacs, Bentleys and Benzs’ with bags full of money throwing at expatriate workers. Little did I know that I was going to meet another friend, who will tell me harrowing and frightening tales of his time in Saudi Arabia. Tales of exploitation, abuse, and inhuman treatment: miserable tales that will forever change my mind about going there! We will talk about it next week.
Kulcha Hyderabadi

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by Ek Akela » Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:40 am

Well thats great, really great... Every coin has two faces..show them the other side..
Ek Akela

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by NRI » Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:45 am

Good imagination Kulcha but dude its enough wake up and stop bulshitting. Your time pass and misleading writings are raising hopes in some souls as I have seen someone enquiring intensely about job prospects in KSA.
NRI

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by Shahed » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:48 pm

Enough Guys...let me clear all of you one thing that what we have here , you won\'t find that in the whole world or in universe. I hope you can guess that.. and the another fact is everything.. has its own advantage and disadvantage. Hence before tossing the coin one should be aware of both the faces..Its all depends upon ones choice and need. Humanbeing will not be satisfy in any condition..A truth!
Shahed

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by Shahed » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:55 pm

And i humbly request the Explorer and others , please dont put such boards due to some genuine reasons.
Shahed

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by sri » Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:55 pm

Dubai is a better place for any youngster to try for a job, than Saudi Arabia or Middle East.
sri

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by ShaadAabad » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:30 pm

Kulcha bhai..Wah...That was a nice character sketch!! Loved it..you know you have a writer in you...hoping for lots more from you....kya zabardast likhe bhai..maza aa gaya!!
ShaadAabad

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by Sohail » Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:25 pm

Hi, life in Saudi Arabia is very luxurious. We can afford whatever we can. Weekends are very enjoyable than any other country. Most of all we can Save money than any where else in the world. This is a very nice and peaceful place.
Sohail

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by Khatta » Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:17 pm

Kulcha bhai.... aap ke oopar wale poore story pada mai.... padkay bohot ufsoos huwa...yaroo... apnay logaan aisa likhkay he doosray youngsters jo saudi anay ke kosish may hai unkay dimaagan karaab karay.... woh loge yeh sab padkay kya samajnaa... kay saudi ke zindage kitne sukoon ke hai... aap sirf saudi ke tareef he tareef likhay yahan kay parayshaniyan nahi likhay.... bhai saaaab..... yahan ke eak room ke zindage kay baray may maloom aap ko.... yahan per office may kitnay tensions rahtay... kitnay kameenay boss\'s rahtay... khalee bolna aasan hai mia... jiskay paas ache noukre hai.. woh khush hai.. magar jo parayshaan hai naa.. uskay dil say poochoo... yahan toh eak baat sure hai.. bus yahan har cheez STAR WAR\'s per depend hai.. kismat ka khel... jisko jitna milna hai utna he milta... Magar aap zara saudi kay baray may apne rai badaleyeh..... \"\"\" Aap ko mai batata hoon saudi kay Bachelors ka daily schedule.... Subha utna padta... jaisay he hammam ke taraf jatay hai... hammam busy rahta...phir hammam khale honay ka intayzaar karna...Aksar toh yahan per PANI ka bada masla hai... aksar pani nahi rahta.. ok naha kar niklay.... ready hokar office kay leyeh niklay aur yahan ke toh Buses mashallah hai... aksar toh baithnay kay leyeh jagah he nahi rahte...khair, office pahuntay hai toh naye naye tensions...shaam hote hai... ghar wapis atay hai... phir subha uthtay hai office jatay hai... office say ghar aur ghar say office..... isper eak shaer arz hai..... \" SUBHA HOTE HAI SHAAM HOTE HAI.... BUS NOUKRI MAY ZINDAGE TAMAAAM HOTE HAI :( \"
Khatta

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by peeping tom » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:19 pm

kulcha hyderabadi used to a good writer. What happened to u sir? are u dead or alive? please dont mind. please come and rejoin on discussions.
peeping tom

Life in Saudi Arabia...

by anand_akela » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:30 am

I dont know the backgrounds of other members in this forum, but I had the oppurtunity to live in Saudi, where I stayed for 18 years and studied till high school in the Indian Embassy School, Jeddah. I then went to India for Engineering and now am in the US having just completed Masters. <br>America ke baare main kya boloon... yahan ka haal to sab ko maloom hai. When my father went to Saudi back in 1975 things were really good and salaries were good and Indian expats were having a pretty good time in terms of job security and everything else. But then things changed for the worse. Aur is ke zimmedaar apan logan hi hai. I have seen people coming to Saudi on ridiculously low salaries that were unimaginable a few years ago. My cousin works for a khajoor and he comes to India and recruits engineers from Kerela and Cochin for 800 riyals per month. When people are willing to work for such salaries, the market eventually comes down and we ourselves have to suffer. Log bolte hai Saudi mein ab woh baat nahin rahi... Mager uske zimmedaar bhi apan loganich hai na bhai. Aur phir Saudiazation. After working for 20 long years my Dad lost his job to a Saudi willing to work for half the pay. Like Kulcha bhai said, Saudi ki life is not really about wearing Armani and smoking Cuban cigars. Khatta bhai, I dunno if u lived a bachelor life in the US, but I bullshit you not, ur life in Saudi as a bachelor is far far better than my life in the US. Bhai, kam se kam khane ki pareshaani to nahin hai na Saudi mein. Bahar nikle to 1 riyal ka fool aur 2 riyal ke hummus mein pet bhar jaata. Magar yahan US mein waisa nahin hai. You know that. So there\'s 2 sides to the same coin. But like Shahed said, the one thing that is there in Saudi which is not there in the whole Universe makes it all worthwhile. Fiamanillah.
anand_akela

by Chote_Nawab » Sun May 27, 2007 5:30 pm

After reading some experiences of a few hyderabadi brothers, i conclude that Dubai is far better place to live in (for bachelors & married).

But, there are some dark sides too, like high cost of living which will absorb almost half of your salary.
[BRIGHT IDEAS:- "It is not the strongest of species that survive,
not the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change"]
Chote_Nawab

Saudi Arabia ke halath

by mam » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:29 pm

Assalamualakum, waisa yaha ma naya ho lkn saudi arabia ma job karta ho mari story ma saudi ke halath kch hadh tak bataonga, sab sa pahle ya kahunga jo bhi visa kharid na chahte ha ya kisi ke zaria le rahe ha tu PROFESSION jane kya ha ye sab sa badi ahmiyat rakhti ha, saari parashaniya yahi sa shuru hoti ha. jo AGENTS paiso ke lia dhoka daete ha or kahte ha ye PROFESSION CHANGE ho jaega lkn yaha bohat parashani othani padhti ha PROFESSION CHANGE karwane ke lia bhi, kch PROFESSION yaha CHANGE nhi hote chahe wo banda ke pass MBBS ka certificate kyn na ho change nhi hota, Jo PROFESSION CHANGE NHI HOTE UNN MA SA KCH YE HA (AGRICULTURE LABOR, GUARD, TAILOR, BARBAER, SHEPHERD and HOUSE DRIVER) ((kheti badi karne wala, ghar ki rakhwali karne wala, darzi, hajjam, bakriya charhane wala or ghar ka driver EK GENERAL LABOR VISA HOTA HA YE ASANI SA KAHI BHI TRANSFER HOTA HA OR YE PROFESSION CHANGE BHI HOTA HA, CHANGE KARNE KE LIA DEGREE ATTESTED HONI CHAHHIA SAUDI EMBASSY SA JO DELHI MA HA.

aisa PROFESSION ho tu bilkul bhi math lena na kharidna na unn ki baato ma aana, ke CHANGE ho jaega AISA BOLA TU EK THAPPAD RAKHDO SALE KE MO PE.

jo bechare kaha kaha sa na jane paisa jod kar ya kharza karke kch paisa kaamane ke lia aas lagae hote ha jab yaha aate ha tu pta chalta ha kya ha kya nhi. mujhe AGENTS ka naam sunte hi jaisa saamne koi dushman khada ho or uss ko jaan sa mardu or itna gussa or galiya aati ha lkn sabar karleta ho or apni zuban ko control ma rakhta ho jaisa islam ma kaha gaya ha sabr sa kaam lena apni zuban ko control ma rakhna, khair abhi aage ki kahani ka silsial jari rakhunga. yaha kya acha ha or kya nhi. bas itni guzarish ha aap sab sa ke dua'a kijiya mera lia.

TO BE Cont......

ALLAH HAFIZ

Mohammed Abdul Mujeeb[/u]
mam

saudi life

by kamkhoon » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:32 am

ASSALAMALAIKUM BHIA LOG,

AS I;VE SPENT MY 3 YEARS OF MY LIFE IN RIYADH, KSA... AND NOW ALHUMDULILLAH AM IN CANADA...

I DO HAVE A FEW COMMENTS REGARDING SAUDI LIFE... WHICH ARE + AND - LIKE ELSE WHERE IN THE WORLD...

FIRSTLY... GO TO SAUDI ON WORK PERMIT FOR BIG AND KNOWN COMPANIES... NEVER GO ON INDEPENDENT VISA WHICH IS COSTLY AND LOTS OF PROBLEMS OF KAFEEL... VERY HARD LIFE...

AS I WAS RECRUITED FOR THE 5 STAR HOTEL ... I DIDNT HAVE TO PAY MUCH AMOUNT SUCH AS RS.5,000 FOR MISCELLANEOUS.. THE REST COMPAY TAKE CARE... MY ACCOMODATION WAS VERY NICE... I;VE GOT PROMOTIONS ON MY SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE..

BUT MY FRIENDS WHO LIVES IN HARA.. A SMALL AREA WHERE HYDI POPLUTION IS MORE... I;VE SEEN HOW THEY STRUGGLE AND STAY 3-4 PEOPLE IN ONE ROOM... SOMETIME NO WATER.... A/C GOT DOWN.. N MANY PROBLEMS...ETC..

BUT SALUTE TO OUR HYDI... IN SUCH PROBLEMS .. THEY KNOW HOW TO FACE THE PROBLEMS... EVERYWEEKEND MOVIES.. NEW CDS.. BIRYANI KE BEGHAIR KOI WEEKEND NAHI JATA... FRIDAY CRICKET MATCHES..KOI VACATION JARA YA ANEWALA HAI... ZAROOR APNE DOSTON KE LIYE PARCELS KA INTEZAAM KARTA HAI...

LIFE IN SAUDI IS VERY HARD... THIS I CAN ASSURE U... BUT BELEIVE ME AM IN CANADA FOR 6 MONTHS... COMPARE TO CANADIAN LIFE.. TO ME SAUDI LIFE IS BETTER... IN MANY WAYS...

ALHUMDULILLAH I'VE PERFORMED HAJJ.. MANY UMRAH...ENJOYED FRESH DESI FOOD.. N OTHER ARABIC FOOD... TAX FREE SALARY.. PAID TICKET N VACATION .. PROMOTION... ETC ETC... COMPANY HAS HELPED ME TO GET CANADIAN VISA..I WAS MORE FINANCIALLY SOUND... I;VE SUPPORTED MY FAMILY ETC...

MANY PEOPLE ACCEPT LOW SALARIED BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE OPTIONS... COZ SRILANKANS, BANGLADESHIS AND NEPALIS ACCEPT EVEN 5-600 RIYALS...

BUT PEOPLE R NOT THANKFUL.. IF U DONT GET ANYTHING GOOD FROM THE COUNTRY THEN WHY DONT U LEAVE THAT COUNTRY INSTEAD OF BLAMING IT... NAHI WAHI REHENGAY AUR BADNAAM KAREINGAY... BHAI SAUDI AAP KO KABHI FORCE NAHI KIYA ANEKE LIYE YA KOI CONRACT SIGN KARNE KE LIYE... AAP KHUD APNE INTEREST SE SAUDI GAYEIN HAIN AUR CONTRACT SIGN KIYE... AGAR APNE KUCH ZYADA HI EXPECT KIYA HAI SAUDI SE AUR AAP KO NAHI MILA TOH ISMEIN SAUDI KI QALATI TO NAHI HAI... JUST FOLLOW SIMPLE RULE..TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT..

ALLAHHAFIZ...

kamkhoon

saudi life...

by shakes » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:46 pm

So true brother...

I m in Saudi since 2002.

Right now I am in very good position and planning to start a hardware business in Hyd. Insha Allah for my younger brother. But the starting period of Saudi Life was very tough Just I dont want to share that painful moments ...!!!
shakes

Houuuu Yarooo

by Pacca hyderabadi » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:11 am

houuu yarooo kulcha nay jo kuch likha kuch ghalath nahi hai,idhar saudi arab mein paisa kamanay kay bahut chances hai,mein bhi yaha job kartou mein nay bahut say aaisay hyderabadi dekhai ko agar hyderabad mein rehtay tou unko ek clerk ki naukri nahi milti yaha manager bankay baitou ustad,aur aaisa bhi log hai jinkay pass masters degree hai liken house driving karrai,yaha poora luck pay depend hai.agar kismath mein paisa hai tou zaroor milenga yaha saudi ya india mein.magar ek chez mein bolna chahatou yaha aanay par islam say khareeb hojatay,majboori mein sahi namaz padhna padhta,namaz kay waqt market mein phiray tou yaha ek team hai jisko haya kehtay hai pakadkar punishment detai,...

Agar life mein risk lena hai aapni kismat aazmanay yaha aajaooo.anyhow no risk no gain.

Pacca hyderabadi

[b][b]Re: Houuuu Yarooo[/b][/b]

by pacca hyderabadi » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:27 pm

Pacca hyderabadi wrote:houuu yarooo kulcha nay jo kuch likha kuch ghalath nahi hai,idhar saudi arab mein paisa kamanay kay bahut chances hai,mein bhi yaha job kartou mein nay bahut say aaisay hyderabadi dekhai ko agar hyderabad mein rehtay tou unko ek clerk ki naukri nahi milti yaha manager bankay baitou ustad,aur aaisa bhi log hai jinkay pass masters degree hai liken house driving karrai,yaha poora luck pay depend hai.agar kismath mein paisa hai tou zaroor milenga yaha saudi ya india mein.magar ek chez mein bolna chahatou yaha aanay par islam say khareeb hojatay,majboori mein sahi namaz padhna padhta,namaz kay waqt market mein phiray tou yaha ek team hai jisko haya kehtay hai pakadkar punishment detai,...

Agar life mein risk lena hai aapni kismat aazmanay yaha aajaooo.anyhow no risk no gain.

pacca hyderabadi

kulcha should come back

by shaikh » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:02 am

kucha bhai,

aao yaaro

kiya hai, pooray boardan khali hain. !!
shaikh

sachi bolay ustad

by pacca hyderabadi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:24 pm

Shaik bhai ,tum sachi likhay ustad dekho kitnay din hogaya ab tab koi bhi kuch bhi nahi likhrai, mein dekh dekh kar thak gaya shayad koi mere writing ka reply kartay hongai... liken itnay dinoo kay baadh tum likhay aur woh bhi one line..........

kuch tou likhooo
pacca hyderabadi

saudi

by meghana » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:31 am

saudi seems nice place then?
meghana

used to be

by shaikh » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:26 pm

[color=brown][/color]

Hi,

you know kind of............ it used to be about ten yrs ago, (it used to be safer)

not anymore..!

thanks to br. osama, with ramdom / surprise attacks anywhere in KSA.

also looks like the inflation and living is not that easy these days. plus the dollar fall as it is linked with saudi riyal...
shaikh

Next         

Return to NRIs