Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

How about those back home?

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

by kulchi » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:27 pm

The other day I read in the paper that an American-returned guy built his house similar to that he had in the USA.
<br>
After returning, will those persons be happy with their lives? Different views are appreciated.
<br>
Thanks.
kulchi

by Raj » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:24 am

Why not? Sure it\'s going to take some time to settle down, but it\'s not like an \"American\" trying to settle in India. It\'s an \"Indian born American\" trying to come back to his homeland. Atleast thats how I see it.
<br>
-Raj
<br>
USA
Raj

by sr » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:43 am

Hi Raj,
<br>
I know they are Indian-born, and just since they were in the US for a few years doesn\'t mean that they have to change. Why can\'t they be the same old guys who used to share tea with friends in hotels?
<br>
I don\'t think it will change. Even if India changes, you can\'t throw away the old days...
sr

by Arch » Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:53 am

It\'s a cute name, KULCHI :) Anyways, a person evolves over a period of time, be it a day or several years. It makes a person change. A paediatrician working in a village in India/USA and a paediatrician working in a cosmopolitan city in India/USA will evolve in different ways, since the ways of life are totally different. He would generally get adapted to the culture around, right? The final outcome is something based on what he had been along with where he had been, too. So why find fault with the paediatrician who\'s coming from USA but feel proud of that paediatrician who got adapted to the village?
Arch

by Mayavi Morpheus » Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:14 am

An ordinary American has a better standard of life than an ordinary Indian. So if someone is trying to follow the American model then there is nothing wrong with that. It only idicates a higher earning power of that individual.
<br>
PS: If the above said person has built a home with wood like they do in the US, then God help him. I don\'t think its going to last long.
May the Fries be with you!
Mayavi Morpheus

by Kulcha Hyderabadi » Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:19 am

Kulchi! LOLs... cute nick. Welcome to the board!
Kulcha Hyderabadi

by b. » Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:58 am

Kulchi, nice cute name...
<br>
Welcome to fullhyd.com. But I think there is already a board like this with a similar issue.
b.

by neeraja » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:26 pm

Hi Kulchi,
<br>
You were asking if people would be happy to settle down in India after being abroad. Of course yes. We were NRIs too for 16 years. We are settled so happily in Hyderabad now.
<br>
1. You have your freedom in every thing you do in India.
<br>
2. A sense of security is always there here in India.
<br>
3. We were using a Mercedes in USA. Now we are using a Santro. But we are so proud to travel in our car in India, while that feeling was not there in the US.
<br>
On the whole, we are very much at home and never feel or felt that we were aliens... so the satisfaction is more important than the rest of the material things.
neeraja

by Kulcha Hyderabadi » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:55 pm

Welcome to Hyderabad Neeraja - Home Sweet Home!
Kulcha Hyderabadi

by b. » Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:55 pm

Kulchi, let me ask you this.
<br>
Are you also an NRI or are you planning to return?
b.

by kulchi » Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:08 pm

Hey you,
<br>
LOL:-)
kulchi

by IdontDiscriminate » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:51 am

Personally, I feel its much easier to come home and settle down.Just because one has a decent ,far better life in elsewhere doesnt mean one's happy.I realised it very late and personally I'd anyday be happy to be home and stay with my family and friends and people tht I've know all my life rather than stay on the other side of the earth and cruise in a ferrari or a limo with a fat bank balance but no one to go home to. And trust me guys I bet 90% or more feel the same.
IdontDiscriminate

by baabee » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:23 pm

It is said old habits die hard.

It is perfectly normal for one acclamatised to a certain way of living for a long time to try and simulate wherever he/she goes, especially if one likes that way a lot.
baabee

Re: How about those back home?

by Ustaad » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:57 pm

kulchi wrote:The other day I read in the paper that an American-returned guy built his house similar to that he had in the USA.
<br>
After returning, will those persons be happy with their lives? Different views are appreciated.
<br>
Thanks.

You can buy a Hummer H2 and take it to India. But you can't park it everywhere.

aha.

You can americanize your home in India.. but you will still have power cuts ( alternate sources suck) and also water problems...Hyd especially.

these are the trade-offs that poor guy has to make. Willing to do that? you just got yourself an american dream in India.

Anyways,I think its a personal choice.If i were to move to India , i wouldn't keep my hopes up...which will eventually turn out good. Since, i won't be disappointed later.
Prose for hos!

Ustaad

by Rabab » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:21 pm

I guess its depend on the person....if you are walking around with a mineral water in hand then you can't never settel down even with american look alike house :P

i like Indian houses better than american house anyways :D
~*Hau Bole To Nakko Bol Te...Nakko Bole to Hau Bol te....Ya Hyderabadiyon Ki khaas Addat Jo Karo Bole so Nai Kartee*~
Rabab

re

by ustaad » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:39 pm

Rabab wrote:I guess its depend on the person....if you are walking around with a mineral water in hand then you can't never settel down even with american look alike house :P

i like Indian houses better than american house anyways :D

huh ?
Prose for hos!

ustaad

by Rabab » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:13 am

Nothing
~*Hau Bole To Nakko Bol Te...Nakko Bole to Hau Bol te....Ya Hyderabadiyon Ki khaas Addat Jo Karo Bole so Nai Kartee*~
Rabab

by rabab » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:19 am

NeverMind
rabab

by Sharjeel » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:00 am

ROTFL!
"Consequences, shmonsequences! So long as I'm rich!" - Daffy Duck.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

re

by Ustaad » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:45 am

Sharjeel wrote:ROTFL!

:wink:
Prose for hos!

Ustaad

Return to NRIs