Friday, 19 April 2024 »  Login
in

Shocked, Intimidated, Submissive, Introvert etc,etc….

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

by A Suave Hyderabadi » Wed May 08, 2002 12:30 am

The above qualities are quite common in almost all Hyderabadis!! This we know only when we see and meet many other people from various states, countries etc when we are abroad - be it US or Middle East or any place under the Sun other than hyderabad.
Many of us are very positve thinking though, I think hiding the reality behind will do no good.
Every one experience’s cultural shock when subjected to social conditions that one is not used to. However the intensity of this impact varies from person to person depending upon ability to accept and understand changes.
I have seen many Hyderabadis (I am talking about people of all levels ranging from fresh lads who have just finished their MBA , Engineering etc to elderly persons having held senior positions in Hyderabad) and the common feature among all of them, when they attend an interview or when they face their Boss or some (in most cases assumed to be) Senior person, is what I mentioned above and this is quite upsetting.

I think it would be a nice idea to share our thoughts and ideas particularly how one can overcome these. Sharing personal experiences and practices could help us learn from each other. Please not in no way I intend to undermine our abilities but let’s be honest – we all know this – this is a fact!!. The Need is to coach each other and develop so that atleast those who are new would benefit.
A Suave Hyderabadi

by Guest » Thu May 09, 2002 12:30 am

Keep the short and sweet Sauve Hydi. Good Luck next time - Hero

by hina » Thu May 09, 2002 12:30 am

make your point very clear and write it in a way that people will understand what you want to know.
hina

by Arpan » Thu May 09, 2002 12:30 am

Try saying it like this...

"Are you a NRH (Non Rez Hyd)? If so, pls tick the category u belong to...

a - Nerd

b - Dork

c - Jerk

d - Smartass

e - All of the above"

Voila! Compact and cute... And by the way... I disagree with the point u r trying to make...
Arpan

by cyrus » Fri May 10, 2002 12:30 am

good one...dude
cyrus

by Kumar » Mon May 13, 2002 12:30 am

Not sure if I\'d agree with you. I\'ve been living in the US for 12 years and have worked in Corporate America all these years where I met tons of Hyderabadis at all levels and very few of them showed the traits that you\'ve mentioned. In a nutshell, I believe your high school/college environment (including your circle of friends)impacts your personality traits. Folks who attended HPS or any of the missionary schools (Little Flower, Grammar, St. Paul\'s) and who participated in inter-college debates, competitions gain lot of self-esteem which reflects in their confidence throughout their professional and personal lives. Those who tend to be diffident and are usually encouraging others to perform blush when it is their time to be on center stage...

My two cents

Kumar
Kumar

by S H » Mon May 13, 2002 12:30 am

Ofcourse after spending few months they get adjusted as we are fast learners. However, I am referring mainly to those who are here for just few months and are on job hunt or have newly joined. My Idea is to share or give strong advise to the newcomers so that they know what they can watch themselves and readjust.
S H

Re: Shocked, Intimidated, Submissive, Introvert etc,etc….

by Ustaad » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:33 am

Kumar wrote:Not sure if I'd agree with you. I've been living in the US for 12 years and have worked in Corporate America all these years where I met tons of Hyderabadis at all levels and very few of them showed the traits that you've mentioned. In a nutshell, I believe your high school/college environment (including your circle of friends)impacts your personality traits. Folks who attended HPS or any of the missionary schools (Little Flower, Grammar, St. Paul's) and who participated in inter-college debates, competitions gain lot of self-esteem which reflects in their confidence throughout their professional and personal lives. Those who tend to be diffident and are usually encouraging others to perform blush when it is their time to be on center stage...

My two cents

Kumar

here's my 2 cents.. true dat^ . yay ! 4 cents for Kumar.

try this for starters...

http://www.drwaynedyer.com
Prose for hos!

Ustaad

Return to NRIs