Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Who is confused?

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

by Hydro_Hunter » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:04 am

i Love it!!

The whole thing..completely wholy and soley mouths my views and my worries about where we stand and how we are going to deal with this?

As a confused desi, myself-having grown up in three continents-i find myself searching for a place to call home. Ive got my mothertongue. ive got family..and i have a present life. But no sense of belonging--anywhere. And possibly no future.

What exactly am i :?:
Hydro_Hunter

by gyanster » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:51 am

Not to worry Hydro_Hunter.

Think of it this way. I have been working with people from different countries, that is one of the good things of being in Aus I guess.

There are a lots of different kinds working, there are people who are just happy with their job, there are people who work 3 jobs at the same time and there are people who excel at their job but have no plans of moving on.

Us Indians are a different breed, naturally being from a different country and starting off at a new job means starting right at the bottom, all of them excel, those who know that they cannot move on to other positions or other industry. Those who excel keep moving within the company, upwards not sideways. It is just the identity we have kept and we are proud of it. We are recognised that way. I am not saying people of different nationalities dont do this many people do this, but each and every Indian working at our place is mercurial, no one Indian stays at the bottom for too long...
gyanster

by Hydro_Hunter » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:00 am

hmm..well your example with jobs and countries is a tiny weeny bit rocky but i think i know where you're getting at.

And yea im not a bit worried. i just have a tendency to sound like that :)

thanks thou.

BTW..

aussie is a wonderful country..people and place. you're lucky.
Hydro_Hunter

NRI ...

by HH » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:08 pm

NRI ...

- Net Real Investors
- New Respected Intelligetia
- Never Regret Inspirers

Build Heaven & Earth Links!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by vakibs » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:32 pm

an interesting read. seriously I agree with HP that it is us guys in India who are more confused than people brought up in the US.

For example, look at a regional news channel interviewing somebody on the roads about their opinion on some matter (say about how petrol prices are rising and their consequences)

Inevitably, he tries mumbling something in Telugu/Hindi/etc.. but he is unable to express himself. Then he tries mixing in some English words and ultimately complicates the whole thing.

A language should be the vehicle between thinking and expression. This is not happening in India because we try to create arcane tongue twisting equivalents for day-to-day words of modern speak (like cellphone, train, television, email) On the other hand, if you go to Japan or France, those guys find it very convenient in expressing themselves in Japanese/French.

Conclusion : We are doomed ! :lol: :lol:
vakibs

***** Redeemed / Deemed ...

by HH » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:35 pm

vakibs wrote:... d***** ... ! :lol: :lol:

OR ... ***** Redeemed / Deemed ... Like The 100s Of "Deemed" Universities Which Have Sprung Up All Over The Country! :wink: :)
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Clarifying HP » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:55 pm

vakibs wrote:an interesting read. seriously I agree with HP that it is us guys in India who are more confused than people brought up in the US.

Thanks Vakibs...but the article wasn't mine. I just reproduced it here.
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Clarifying HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Previous                

Return to NRIs