Sunday, 12 May 2024 »  Login
in

Videsh ya Swadesh

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

Videsh ya Swadesh

by san » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:12 pm

Do you feel torn between the two? Bit like 'dhobi ka gadha na ghar ka na ghat ka?' Uprooting and moving is not always fun. Specially if you have family to think about. Been in this kinda situation? How did you deal with it and what was your decision?
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Re: Videsh ya Swadesh

by ~akidna~ » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:25 pm

well i do feel like that some times coz ...i felt like i was plucked out and sown in a completely diff place till a year ago....but i learned to adjust n now im lovin it here

and its hard to stay away from family...but u know...now i dont feel nething when i leave em at the airport...before i use to feel like crying.....

but im a BRAVE GIRL :P :wink:
~akidna~
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by san » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:34 pm

Ok so u've moved once & feel settled. If you have to now go back or relocate again - will that be easy?
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Sharjeel » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:03 pm

When I was in 4th Standard, Me was taken from Hyd to Nagpur (when I was very happy to be in Hyd).

Now I am 26 and am hopelessly in love with nagpur. But my family has moved back to Hyd.

One of the most heartbreaking and gutting feelings...
"Consequences, shmonsequences! So long as I'm rich!" - Daffy Duck.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by san » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:08 pm

Awwwww Are you in Nagpur cause of education? What when you finish? Decision time?
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Sharjeel » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:17 pm

Haan. My exams will be over in a fortnight, then me is gonna have to go to Hyd.

No Decision-wecision thing here. Me has to go to Hyd. All my friends, my relatives are in nagpur; aur sirf mummy daddy hai Hyd main. Just wait, I will bring them all back to Nagpur one day.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Alexis » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:38 pm

My family has always moved around....from Hyd to America, then we switched cities several time in America. Then we moved back to India for a few years. Then we went back to America. Now Im in Charlotte, NC. I think Im gonna stick it out here permanently. I like it a lot here and Ive had it with moving around.

Because Ive moved around so much, I dont feel torn between any 2 places. Ive always been happy where I lived at any point.
Whenever you can't sleep
May you be treated to a song
And heaven cracks
A song falls softly from the light of heaven.
Alexis
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Sharjeel » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:44 pm

Good for you Alexis. I can never adjust to new places/people easily.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by san » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:45 pm

Well, in your case, it has been a family move. Not just you. Lucky you! It makes a big difference when your family is far far away...
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Le Chacal » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:11 pm

I moved to US when I was barely 17 yrs old.I have been going to India every 6 months since then.But now my dad's planning to move to New Zeland w/ the entire family so its kinda irritating to move.Nevertheless I told my dad that I am not coming to New Zeland. :D :D
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.:Merovingian,TMR
Le Chacal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by san » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:32 am

Visiting India every 6 months... coming all the way...to see someone special? :wink:
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by malakpetmasala » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:58 am

Le Chacal wrote:I moved to US when I was barely 17 yrs old.I have been going to India every 6 months since then.But now my dad's planning to move to New Zeland w/ the entire family so its kinda irritating to move.Nevertheless I told my dad that I am not coming to New Zeland. :D :D

dude... dont ever make the mistake of moving to New Zealand..... it might be good place for retirement or for people over 40ish...... but there is nothing much to do in that country.

and also, its full of Ram-rooters and sheep _.
The ultimate
malakpetmasala
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by malakpetmasala » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:04 am

And about me, I moved to Aus when i was just about 20. did nt really miss home at first as i was desperate to get out of home, but now, after a while., it does occur to me that i should move back with my parents... but kind of have commitments here for the next few years that i cannot fulfill in India.

I kinda felt torn when i actually moved from sydney to brisbane 8 months ago, leaving all my friends to a new place where i knew nop one what so ever.
The ultimate
malakpetmasala
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by lonewolf » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:05 am

malakpetmasala wrote:
Le Chacal wrote:I moved to US when I was barely 17 yrs old.I have been going to India every 6 months since then.But now my dad's planning to move to New Zeland w/ the entire family so its kinda irritating to move.Nevertheless I told my dad that I am not coming to New Zeland. :D :D

dude... dont ever make the mistake of moving to New Zealand..... it might be good place for retirement or for people over 40ish...... but there is nothing much to do in that country.
and also, its full of Ram-rooters and sheep _.

MM has become a true Aussie :D

Anyway Jackal, NZ is not worth moving to. How old are you now? If you're 18 or above, time to start living independently 8)
#$#$#u r acct #$@##@!@#
lonewolf
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by Le Chacal » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:11 am

lonewolf wrote:MM has become a true Aussie :D

Anyway Jackal, NZ is not worth moving to. How old are you now? If you're 18 or above, time to start living independently 8)
Yeah MM is a true aussie.And I am living independently(Except for the tution fees :P ) :D
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.:Merovingian,TMR
Le Chacal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by malakpetmasala » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:24 am

Le Chacal wrote:

Yeah MM is a true aussie.And I am living independently(Except for the tution fees :P ) :D

its called Fair Dinkum Aussie....

and its good dude that u are independent... so u need not be worried about ur dadw wanting to NZ........ the only problem woulkd be that u ll have to make a round the world trip every time u wanna go to India or NZ
The ultimate
malakpetmasala
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Le Chacal » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:27 am

malakpetmasala wrote:
Le Chacal wrote:

and its good dude that u are independent... so u need not be worried about ur dadw wanting to NZ........ the only problem woulkd be that u ll have to make a round the world trip every time u wanna go to India or NZ
Tell me about it.Thats the reason I am not going to New Zeland(Of course that will not stop me from getting a NZ PR :twisted: :twisted: ), :D :D :D
Le Chacal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by malakpetmasala » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:47 am

Le Chacal wrote:
malakpetmasala wrote:
Le Chacal wrote:

Tell me about it.Thats the reason I am not going to New Zeland(Of course that will not stop me from getting a NZ PR :twisted: :twisted: ), :D :D :D

but why does ur dad plan to move to NZ at the first place leaving america? i know america is _ up big time... but there is nothing much happening in NZ either.
The ultimate
malakpetmasala
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Le Chacal » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:48 am

malakpetmasala wrote:
Le Chacal wrote:
malakpetmasala wrote:
Le Chacal wrote:

but why does ur dad plan to move to NZ at the first place leaving america? i know america is _ up big time... but there is nothing much happening in NZ either.
My dad's in India.He just want to move to NZ just for a PR for 2 yrs and then hes gonna be back but those 2 yrs are gonna be irritating. :D
Le Chacal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by lonewolf » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:22 am

Le Chacal wrote:My dad's in India.He just want to move to NZ just for a PR for 2 yrs and then hes gonna be back but those 2 yrs are gonna be irritating. :D

Whats the point in getting a PR?
#$#$#u r acct #$@##@!@#
lonewolf
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by malakpetmasala » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:31 am

lonewolf wrote:
Le Chacal wrote:My dad's in India.He just want to move to NZ just for a PR for 2 yrs and then hes gonna be back but those 2 yrs are gonna be irritating. :D

there is a lot to PR... its like green card in the states, or even better.... ii Guess!
The ultimate
malakpetmasala
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Le Chacal » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:16 am

malakpetmasala wrote:
lonewolf wrote:

there is a lot to PR... its like green card in the states, or even better.... ii Guess!
How is it better? :? :? :?
Le Chacal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by malakpetmasala » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:07 am

Le Chacal wrote:
malakpetmasala wrote:
lonewolf wrote:

How is it better? :? :? :?

dude, unlike in the states, u get unemployment benifits in NZ, u get paid everyweek for doing nothign almost for the rest of ur life
The ultimate
malakpetmasala
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

f

by SimarikSmokin » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:10 am

i love hyderabad but i hate the way they are trying to become sooo american wearing barely there clothes man i am so ashamed
Huete treff ich einen Herrn
Der hat mich zum Fressen gern
Weiche Teile und auch harte
stehen auf der Speisekarte

Denn du bist
was du isst
und ihr wisst
was es ist
SimarikSmokin
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

Re: f

by malakpetmasala » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:12 am

SimarikSmokin wrote:i love hyderabad but i hate the way they are trying to become sooo american wearing barely there clothes man i am so ashamed

whats there to be ashamd of? civilisations started with wearing nothing... and its a circle.
The ultimate
malakpetmasala
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

Next         

Return to NRIs