Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

ALL NRI's SHOULD READ THIS. NASHUKRAPAN KYUN?

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

Do You Agree With Me?

Totally Yes
50%
Somewhat No
No votes
No We Dont
50%

Total votes : 6

ALL NRI's SHOULD READ THIS. NASHUKRAPAN KYUN?

by This is a Reality. Accept it. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:19 pm

I have been living here in Vancouver Canada for almost 10 months now and during my stay here I came across hundreds of people who came to Canada as immigrants under the ‘skilled worker’ category. My experiences are also kind of same what most of the immigrants have had or might have had. I was advised by some of our ‘guides’ that in Canada, initially you do not get a job related to your field but its only a matter of time, may be 4-6 months or maximum one year and after that you will have so many choices. So initially one has to work hard. Okay, we prepared ourselves mentally to that extent that even if we have to do cleaning job or porter job or any other to sustain, we will do that. So finally, we landed here.

Now the question arises: why do most of ‘well settled (back home)’people migrate to Canada?

Again, it is a debatable issue. Many would say: of course for better living, for better future of our kids, for better growth opportunities, for social security blah..blah...blah… For all those immigrants (including my self), I have a question: If you are making approx Rs. 30000 to 40000 a month (house hold income), Can’t you maintain the similar kind of life style in India also? Can’t you afford a good car? Can’t you afford an A/C in your house? Can’t you afford a 27” flat screen TV with satellite dish? Can’t you afford putting your kids in best of the schools (might not be in Doon / Welham but still….)?

We will have different answers with different arguments but I think the majority would say (not loudly though): YES. Then why come to Canada? Kids’ future, better opportunities, life style etc..etc…could be just words used to hide the original thinking! How many of us consider ‘another factor’ as a determining factor for immigration which is CURRENCY EXCHANGE! Didn’t we see 1=30 before applying immigration? Didn’t we think that whatever hard work I am doing here (back home), if I do the same in Canada, I may get paid 30 times better and MOREOVER THE QUALITY OF LIFE WILL BE BETTER IN CANADA (PLEASE NOTICE: QUALITY OF LIFE IS A FRINGE BENEFIT OR ADDED ADVANTAGE AND NOT THE PRIMARY CAUSE)!!

If someone says No..No..No.., this is all crap, I would say: Be honest my dear, not with the world but at least with yourself! For those who come here in Canada after spending years and years in Middle East or Africa or other countries, I can understand their argument for ‘BETTER QUALITY OF LIFE’ but again that comes second, because they save lot of money ($$$$$$$) before coming to Canada. But at the first place what made them to go to Middle East, live in extreme hot weather conditions (50 degrees) and sacrifice their social life? Once they achieve the target of ‘PHYSIOLOGICAL (MATERIALISTIC) STATUS, they get hungry for QUALITY OF LIFE. Then they start moving to ‘SELF ESTEEM’.

I am not ashamed of admitting the fact that 1=30 was the primary factor for moving to Canada. Everyone comes here to make money, accept it or not!! In addition, even if one does not come with that thinking, they start thinking on those terms very soon.

THIS IS WHAT CANADA IS! THIS IS WHAT THE CULTURE IS! AFTER COMING HERE WE SAY THAT THE FAMILY VALUES ARE ZERO.

DIDN’T WE KNOW THAT BEFORE COMING HERE?

EVERYONE HAS TV IN HIS HOME, EVERYONE HAS INTERNET AND EVERYONE IS EXPOSED TO THE WORLD. EVERYONE KNEW THAT GIRLS BECOME MOTHERS WHILE THEY ARE DOING HIGH SCHOOL AND YET THEY DON’T KNOW WHO THE FATHER OF THAT BABY IS.

EVERYONE KNEW THAT PARENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PUNISH THEIR KIDS FOR THEIR MISCHIEVES, 911 IS JUST A CALL AWAY……………………….THE LIST GOES ON!!!

My dear friends, lets be realistic. We come here as ‘skilled workers’. Canada needs skilled workers and NOT SKILLED MANAGERS or SKILLED PROFESSIONALS. So forget about all those KOOCHY KOOCHY things, Lets get down to the real thing.

When we were new to Canada, we were told that you can not lie here. It is very truthful country. They respect your honesty and truthfulness! Okay, we started applying for the jobs and mentioned all qualifications and experiences in the Resume. We would apply for all kinds of jobs let it be cashier at the McDonald’s or Wendy’s or Future Shop or a call center job…….they would look at the resume and advise you: You know you have wonderful profile, your qualification and experience is ‘AWSOME’ but may be this job is not suitable for you. We would say: No..No.. We can do any kind of job. We don’t have any hang ups. We are ready to do anything do gain Canadian Experience…………still employer would say: SORRY. THIS JOB IS NOT FOR YOU. WHY DON’T YOU TRY SOMEWHERE ELSE?

Then we met some ‘Canadians’. They advised us not to mention real qualifications and experience, make 10-12 different types of Resumes (supposed to be Tailor Made Resumes as per Job Requirements) and then apply again in those companies after some time. The trick worked!!!!!!! We got our first job in the same companies where we had applied about couple of months ago. No body rejected us. WELCOME TO CANADA, THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITIES!!!

MORAL: “DO NOT LIE BUT DO NOT ALSO DISCLOSE ALL YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE IF YOU WANT A JOB”

Now we go further. One of our friends went to Bank to open an account. He asked for the unsecured credit card. They straight away refused because he was not on the job for 1 year continuously. Then someone introduced him with some ‘broker’. He got him an unsecured Credit Card from the same bank, off course, he charged some fee for that.

WELCOME TO CANADA, THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITIES!!!

MORAL: “EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE IN THIS WORLD BUT NOTHING COMES FREE”

Above are some of the examples. Other than that, there are number of small / big things where one feels that the same was in India also. Corruption was there, corruption is here, no difference. The only difference is that back home people have guts to admit and they used to bribe and get bribed openly and here IT IS ALL UNDER THE TABLE. You want a job in a good company where your friend is also working….you go there directly, they might not even have a look on your resume but if you give your Resume to your friend and he submits it to HR Dept, chances are there at least they will call you for an interview and if you get hired, you get a job and your friend may get between $250 - $500 as the ‘referral bonus’. In India, we used to call it ‘SIFAARISH, HERE THEY CALL IT REFERRENCES THROUGH NETWORK’. Within these 35 months in Canada, I have come to the conclusion: CANADA IS A LAND OF OPPORTUNITES PROVIDED ONE SHOULD KNOW THE LOOPHOLES OF THE SYSTEM. “SACH KHOLO MAT, JHOOTH BOLO MAT”…..If you do like this, then Canada Govt. is pretty happy!!

Anyway, you came to Canada to earn dollars so concentrate on earning dollars. Do not shy away from doing jobs or businesses like Truck Driving or Taxi Driving or Basement Renovations or Electrician or Plumbers etc. I can challenge that all these above mentioned professions give you much more money than what you earn by doing shift jobs in a factory or working as a Salesman at Future Shop. Stop dreaming about your ‘own field’ job. Slog your ….for 3-4 years, work smart, save some dollars, go back home and start some small / medium scale business there in your own city / town / village and give employment to 2 more fellow Indians. Even if you do not want to go back then start a business here and employ 1 Desi and 1 Gora (please). After all they ruled our country for 100 years; it becomes our moral duty towards our motherland that we rule at least one Gora here. INKE HI WATAN MEIN AA KAR, INKE UPAR RAJ KARNE MEIN BAHUT MAZA AAYEGA…….BELIEVE ME.

At the end of the day what matters here in Canada is your financial strength.

If you can afford:-

a 2004 Infinity instead of a 1994 Chev Cavalier, a brand new house with no tenants in the basement instead of having a three bedroom house and two tenants in the basements, shopping around at the Eaton Centre instead of the Westwood Mall, buying a 32” flat screen TV on Diwali or Eid instead of waiting for the X-Mas day sale or Boxing Day deals, going out and having a-la carte dinner with your family at some Indian / Italian restaurant in Downtown Toronto instead of having an unlimited buffet in $6.99 in some ‘cheap and best’ Desi Mithai Shop, buy your wife / husband an original diamond studded Gucci watch instead of buying a so-called ‘beautiful and durable’ watch from Wal-Mart or Zellers with the argument ki ‘Sirf Time hi to dekhna hai’, buy your washroom accessories like soap holder from TUBS: The Ultimate Bath Store instead of Dollar Rama…………..the list goes on and on and on…..; only then you can say that you are successful in Canada.

Then no body would mind whether you are a truck driver or taxi driver or plumber etc…Everybody would give the argument: “THIS IS THE BEAUTY OF CANADA, DIGNITY OF LABOUR IS THERE”. Everyone will try to make FAMILY RELATIONS with you because they know that you are not illiterate, you are well qualified otherwise Canada would not accept you as immigrant, you know English that’s why you are reading this article and you are familiar with latest technology because you are going through CanadianDesi.com on the internet. Even your relatives/friends would ignore your profession here because you would be sending them money on regular basis and you will get them gifts every time you go back to visit them. THAT IS THE REALITY OF LIFE, MY DEAR FRIENDS. ACCEPT IT!!

So in this New Year 2005 let’s have a resolution that we are here in Canada or any country you are in, to be successful and the success is directly connected with the financial back up. WE HAVE TO GROW TOGETHER AS A COMMUNITY. WE MUST HAVE THAT KIND OF COURAGE AND WILL POWER THAT WE ACCEPT THE FACTS. WE MUST DO ATLEAST ONE GOOD THING TO BRIGHTEN THE NAME OF OUR ‘MATRI-BHOOMI OR MADRE-ZAMEEN OR MOTHER LAND’. THESE PEOPLE HERE IN WETSERN WORLD MUST UNDERSTAND AND REALISE THAT OUR COUNTRY IS NOT A ‘BHOOKHA AND NANGA’ COUNTRY BUT IT IS FULL OF KNOWLEDAGBLE, HARD WORKING, SINCERE AND CULTURED PEOPLE WHO ALSO KNOW HOW TO EARN AND SAVE MONEY AND STRENGTHEN THE ECONOMY OF THE COUNTRY ALONG WITH THE HERITAGE. LET’S HAVE A VISION THAT AFTER 10 YEARS IT SHOULD NOT BE $1 = Rs 30 BUT IT SHOULD BE $ 30 = Re. 1. WE ARE INDEBTED TO OUR FREEDOM FIGHTERS WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR US. LET’S MAKE THEIR DREAMS COME TRUE OF COMPLETE FREEDOM, EVERYBODY WITH FOOD AND SHELTER, EVERY VILLAGE WITH WATER AND ELECTRICTY SUPPLY….. AND START WORKING IN THAT DIRECTION ONLY.

P.S.: I apologize if I hurt somebody’s feelings.
This is a Reality. Accept it.

by Xeno » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:42 am

I dont get it, do you mean to say people shoudl migrate or they shouldnt..
The man who strikes first admits that his ideas have given out.
Xeno

Re: ALL NRI's SHOULD READ THIS. NASHUKRAPAN KYUN?

by KK » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:06 am

This is a Reality. Accept it. wrote:MORAL: “DO NOT LIE BUT DO NOT ALSO DISCLOSE ALL YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE IF YOU WANT A JOB”
CANADA IS A LAND OF OPPORTUNITES PROVIDED ONE SHOULD KNOW THE LOOPHOLES OF THE SYSTEM. “SACH KHOLO MAT, JHOOTH BOLO MAT”…..If you do like this, then Canada Govt. is pretty happy!!

Its not the loop hole of the system. Its something very crazy that people are doing which canadians/others cannot comprehend. By lying or demoting oneself, he/she is working at a lower potential - a compromise they've made to live in that country.
KK

Re: ALL NRI's SHOULD READ THIS. NASHUKRAPAN KYUN?

by New Immigrant » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:58 pm

Im really happy to read this article, Whoever he/she may have written ,contains 100% quality truth. I agree with him and all the facts what he described. There is nothing fabricated in this , Infact he presented it in a simple way. Being a new resident I have gone thorugh still going through the phases he described.

I dont know the name of the person who live in Vancouver, though I stay in toronto but all the facts applies same to this city too.
New Immigrant

by Nationalistic HP » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:29 pm

[rant]

All I can say is East or West. Home is the best. So, come back.

Many of us migrate to foreign lands for a better future, more money and a lot of other materialistic reasons. But while doing so, we forget something very elementary. We all have a duty towards our motherland. We owe something to the place that gave us the IIT's and IIM's which enabled us to go abroad. Damn it, all ills notwithstanding, India is our country after all.

We go abroad; we pay heavy taxes to the foreign govt.; we toil hard, we're looked down upon - all this in the name of a better life. As the author of the thread put it, we can live a good life right here in our country too. And not with much difficulty.

The diaspora blame the corruption, bad living conditions etc. in India that prompt them to migrate. But why do they forget that they can all make a difference? Or is it that they're not really forgetting so, but simply shying away from their responsibility? They themselves or God Almighty know better.

[/rant]
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Nationalistic HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

regarding any imigration

by bravecosta » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:50 pm

:roll:

Hey making money and earning in dollars is fine may be after 5 yrs , when u worked u r ass off u may me a well settled person in canada,

but then if u are really an indian and also if u respect u r Bharat Maa then

i wana ask on question "what have u give to u r nation" , whats u rcontribution to the country and , u sell the u r knowledge given by our country and make money "

U sound like an HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bravecosta

Re: regarding any imigration

by D-R-S » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:41 am

bravecosta wrote::roll:

Hey making money and earning in dollars is fine may be after 5 yrs , when u worked u r ass off u may me a well settled person in canada,
but then if u are really an indian and also if u respect u r Bharat Maa then
i wana ask on question "what have u give to u r nation" , whats u rcontribution to the country and , u sell the u r knowledge given by our country and make money "

U sound like an HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what have you or we given to bharat ma or more precisely what can we give??? respect? loyalty? love?

being exurb from once birth place doesnt mean he/she doenst love or is hypocrite (wondering y that dood became hypo here)

respect love and all is not and can never be shown off , if you respect ur mother land thats more than enuf u dont need to be there..

We all love our mother lands, dont we?

we all are very much loyan, arent we?

WE ARE... if one gets an oppurtunity to go abroad and earn good money, whts the point in revolting against him/her ?

we need to and we do accept a fact that we atleast now and for decades cant compare $'s and £'s with Rs, so if someone earns and lives there forever, no worries. As HP pointed out, i truly stand by him and every indian should, our country is undoubtedly the best, no questions. Its just the matter of money and matter of oppurtunities and offcoz personal preferences. You may either prefer to stay or fly off, its just matter of responsibilties ur bombarded with or may be luxo life. If its so that to love and to respect our respected motherland, one should in india, makes he think y did gandhiji went abroad to study.
Life is no certainty, an oppurtunity. Grab it and _ it.
D-R-S

by D-R-S » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:45 am

and oh ya i havnt read ur post, read 3-4 lines.
Life is no certainty, an oppurtunity. Grab it and _ it.
D-R-S

by DQ » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:19 am

!!!! Hypocrite !!!!

I am sorry you are an Idiot.

I am also sorry I dint read that long post.

Hypocrite kahan se babu ?

Among the other things about our country is that it created people power.

Which has spread all over the globe, we have our presence in all parts of the globe (and fyki sizeable).

Among the policies of our country. Kitta (for ex) aata nahi maloom.

Our administration bent rules during the middle east exodus to enable Indians to leverage on the new found wealth before other developing nations cashed on it. And then the entire nation cashed on the for ex that flowed in

If India wanted it could have stringent laws making it difficult for people to move out. But no its one of our policy to encourage people to move out. Why?

Look around how strategically we are poised.

If we dint have our IIT- IIMs sitting in the US we would have had this IT boom moving maybe solely inot Malaysia - Singapore - China etc.

I know this is going to be hard to gulp.

Lets face it we were a poor country and now are strategically poised due to the great many people living there and spread around the globe. And if we allow our minds to splinter and buy into this hypocrite - gaddar theory its us who will lose out
Tu jo sachchi hai larazti kyun hai aye zaban bol de darti kyun hai

qalb men khowfe khuda hai tere phir zuban sach se jhijhakti kyun hai

http://kaamwali.fullhydblogs.com
DQ
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by OsmaniaBiskit » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:41 am

If you choose to live and work in India does not make one a patriot by default and opting live and work anywhere else does not make one a traitor. :roll:

Immigration is a major decision and if you do it just because you can then you will end up facing the consequences of any rash decision.

Mind is a terrible thing to waste, hope you guys use it well.
OsmaniaBiskit

by CtrlAltDel » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:25 pm

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:If you choose to live and work in India does not make one a patriot by default and opting live and work anywhere else does not make one a traitor.
i agree!!!!! :D
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Nationalistic HP » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:15 pm

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:If you choose to live and work in India does not make one a patriot by default and opting live and work anywhere else does not make one a traitor. :roll:
Immigration is a major decision and if you do it just because you can then you will end up facing the consequences of any rash decision.
Mind is a terrible thing to waste, hope you guys use it well.

Chalti gaadi pe mat chodho biskit miya. What I called as unpatriotic here was conveniently ignoring everything good about India while cussing its negative points. My point was, what have you done to better the conditions in India? And if you haven't done anything, and neither do you stay here, what right do you have to bitch about the conditions here? That's what I find unpatriotic.
Nationalistic HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by OsmaniaBiskit » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:07 am

Nationalistic HP wrote:Chalti gaadi pe mat chodho biskit miya. What I called as unpatriotic here was conveniently ignoring everything good about India while cussing its negative points. My point was, what have you done to better the conditions in India? And if you haven't done anything, and neither do you stay here, what right do you have to bitch about the conditions here? That's what I find unpatriotic.

Well I was responding to the original poster and I did not read your post.
Who is cussing? I haven't come across any profanity :? may be it's in your head.

conveniently ignoring everything good about India while cussing its negative points

There is nothing wrong with voicing concern about something negative. That is healthy - no matter who raises it.
So you are saying that a 'current' resident can 'bitch' and not a person who is concerned but not a resident. :roll:

My point was, what have you done to better the conditions in India? And if you haven't done anything, and neither do you stay here, what right do you have to bitch about the conditions here? That's what I find unpatriotic.

Hope you did something (other than pay taxes) to say something so profound. So are you the usher who checks people for their 'contributions to society' and let them bitch. :wink:

I want to voice my concerns without writing an essay about 'things I did to better the conditions in India'.

There is a thin line between nationalism and jingoism, tread carefully. :wink:
OsmaniaBiskit

by Nationalistic HP » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:06 pm

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:Well I was responding to the original poster and I did not read your post.
Who is cussing? I haven't come across any profanity :? may be it's in your head.

Check this out

Maybe not a textbook example of cussing, or profanity as you'd call it, but definitely derogatory, isn't it? And its for everyone to see who's head it comes out of.

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:There is nothing wrong with voicing concern about something negative. That is healthy - no matter who raises it.

Well....voicing concern is one thing. Calling your place of origin the pits is another. What I would consider healthy is to voice a concern over something negative, and then, also suggest how the situation could be made better. If you read through the debates carefully, and I'm not talking about just this one, you'll see that while the NRI's (most of them) have everything negative to say about India, not one has offered even a single suggestion as to how to put things right. They bitch, and bitch and do nothing else. Now I for one don't see that as healthy.

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:So you are saying that a 'current' resident can 'bitch' and not a person who is concerned but not a resident. :roll:

If you can understand what I wrote above, you'll understand that I'm not one who takes plain bitching very positively - whether from a resident or a non-resident. And let me ask you one thing, when you show conmcern for something, it automatically implies that you care for the subject in question, doesn't it? That's something the ones who bitch don't. They just want to put across that they are in a better land and had they had a choice, they wouldn't have come back to India at all.

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:Hope you did something (other than pay taxes) to say something so profound.

Yes. I've done quite a bit and I don't think I need to paste my resume here. And moreover, I didn't say the "profound" statement above just because I'd done something apart from paying taxes. The two are completely unrelated.

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:So are you the usher who checks people for their 'contributions to society' and let them bitch. :wink:

No...I've got better things to do. I just voiced my point of view on the topic of discussion. And I guess I have as much right as you to do so.

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:I want to voice my concerns without writing an essay about 'things I did to better the conditions in India'.

Sure. You're welcome. But make sure that when you do so, don't be a plain India baiter. Make sure that your concerns don't sound like India is the only hellhole in the world and the rest of the world is heaven. Make sure that when you are coicing concerns, don't do so with venom against India.

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:There is a thin line between nationalism and jingoism, tread carefully. :wink:

I know where I stand. And I hope you're aware that disdain for your motherland and nationalism aren't divided by a line but a chasm. Have a reality check on which side you're on.
Nationalistic HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by OsmaniaBiskit » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:34 am

but definitely derogatory, isn't it?

Could you please point me to one post that is 'derogatory'? I looked up some posts and none seems 'derogatory' or even close. Most of them were either pissed off souls who had a bad experience and were venting or people who care to speak up (now you can club them as NRIs or RIs) - All fascits start with grouping people (us against them) :wink:
(that was intentional pun aimed at you).

And I hope you're aware that disdain for your motherland and nationalism aren't divided by a line but a chasm. Have a reality check on which side you're on.

'Disdain' - wow - dude your choice of words scares me. And that affirms what I said about 'Fascistic' tendency :lol:

(Aww - come on that was banter - NOT) :wink:
OsmaniaBiskit

by Nationalistic HP » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:22 pm

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:
but definitely derogatory, isn't it?

Could you please point me to one post that is 'derogatory'? I looked up some posts and none seems 'derogatory' or even close. Most of them were either pissed off souls who had a bad experience and were venting or people who care to speak up (now you can club them as NRIs or RIs) - All fascits start with grouping people (us against them) :wink:
(that was intentional pun aimed at you).

Well...check your own post in that thread, dude. If "lazy, apathetic rear-ends" was very civil language, I wish you use it with your parents more often.

And no, my views about the derogatory language was not based on that single post of yours. There have been many more such posts that have done the rounds here. Just that I don't have the spare time to sift through the pages of fhdb.

Osmaniabiskit wrote:
And I hope you're aware that disdain for your motherland and nationalism aren't divided by a line but a chasm. Have a reality check on which side you're on.

'Disdain' - wow - dude your choice of words scares me. And that affirms what I said about 'Fascistic' tendency :lol:
(Aww - come on that was banter - NOT) :wink:

Well...now that you've confirmed your views about me, keep them in the incubator that your 'rear-end' is. You can have an omelette for breakfast next sunday.
Nationalistic HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by OsmaniaBiskit » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:35 am

Well I do not want to reply in the same acerbic tone as HP and would not stoop to making any personal comment -

Anyways here is the actual extract from my post and the Subject = 'Apathy sucks' - my post was in response to a post that seemed kinda paranoid about "everyone pointing out the negative points in India" while no one talks about "various ills pervading other parts of the world". My whole point was why should not we talk - if there is a problem you talk, you discuss not judge the person who has something to say. The post was out of line as it was more about 'them' than 'Us'.

Here is link to the thread - please read all posts if you have time to see where I was going with my response - Just wanted to say something without being judged or interrupted by jingoistic tirade.

http://www.fullhyderabad.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?p=182513&highlight=#182513

Extract from my original post "And all ye - arm chair patriots - don't hide your lazy apathetic 'rear ends' behind meanigless jingoism. The least I personally could do is 'think about it '".

Was that derogatory? I was talking specifically about 'arm chair patriots' and in a way that is self critical too ! I could have used more colorful yet not very dergotary terms to describe 'rear end' - but I have my sense of civility intact - and HP would it make me a bad person if used words like 'Lazy' and apathetic rear end with my parents :roll: :wink:

HPs response -

Well...check your own post in that thread, dude. If "lazy, apathetic rear-ends" was very civil language, I wish you use it with your parents more often.

That was a cheap shot buddy. How low can you go?

Another extract from my post -
'Disdain' - wow - dude your choice of words scares me. And that affirms what I said about 'Fascistic' tendency
(Aww - come on that was banter - NOT)

Well...now that you've confirmed your views about me, keep them in the incubator that your 'rear-end' is. You can have an omelette for breakfast next sunday.

Well all I have to say is a chicken will not eat its own egg, so when it comes out you can have it, you seem to be more worthy of that.
(how could I resist guys :lol: )

Have a good one guys.

[/quote]
OsmaniaBiskit

by OsmaniaBiskit » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:01 am

Well I do not want to reply in the same acerbic tone as HP and would not stoop to make any personal comments-

The actual extract was from my post (click on the link for the thread) and the Subject = 'Apathy sucks' -

my post was in response to a post that seemed kinda paranoid about "everyone pointing out the negative points in India" while no one talks about "various ills pervading other parts of the world".

My whole point was why should not we talk -

If there is a problem you talk, you discuss not judge the person who has something to say.

The post was out of line as it was more about 'them' than 'Us'.

Why would we discuss about the 'various ills pervading other parts of the world'? - we talk about things close to our hearts :idea:

Here is link to the thread - please read all posts if you have time to see where I was going with my response -

I just wanted to say something without being judged or interrupted by jingoistic tirade.

http://www.fullhyderabad.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?p=182513&highlight=#182513

Extract from my original post -

"And all ye - arm chair patriots - don't hide your lazy apathetic 'rear ends' behind meanigless jingoism. The least I personally could do is 'think about it ' ".

HPs response -

Was that derogatory? I was talking specifically about 'arm chair patriots' and in a way that is self critical too !
I could have used more colorful yet not very dergotary terms to describe 'rear end' - but I have my sense of civility intact - and HP would it make me a bad person if used words like 'Lazy' and apathetic rear end with my parents :roll: :wink:

Another extract from my post -
'Disdain' - wow - dude your choice of words scares me. And that affirms what I said about 'Fascistic' tendency

HPs response -

Well all I have to say is a chicken will not eat its own egg, so when it comes out you can have it, you seem to be more worthy of that.

Have a good one guys.
OsmaniaBiskit

by WTF??? HP » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:26 am

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:Well I do not want to reply in the same acerbic tone as HP and would not stoop to make any personal comments-

You started the trend by branding me a borderline fascist. If that wasn't a personal comment, what was it? And when the heat gets to you, you become "Oh, so nice" with this line? Double bloody effing standards.

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:The actual extract was from my post (click on the link for the thread) and the Subject = 'Apathy sucks' -
my post was in response to a post that seemed kinda paranoid about "everyone pointing out the negative points in India" while no one talks about "various ills pervading other parts of the world".
If there is a problem you talk, you discuss not judge the person who has something to say.
Why would we discuss about the 'various ills pervading other parts of the world'? - we talk about things close to our hearts :idea:

Where did I say that we should not talk about the negatives of India? My posts on this as well as the other thread raised two issues.

1. When we talk about the problems we're facing, we shouldn't make it out to be something that ony we are suffering from. Notice the phrases "Nowhere else in the world do we see such disregard for human lives" etc. This is what I have a problem with. Mind you, I've been discussing problems India is facing ever since I was in my sixth standard. And never have I felt this way.

2. When people keep talking about all negative aspects, why can't they spare a single thought on the positives? I've seen that the people who rant eloquent about the negatives hardly ever post on threads where an Indian achievement is being discussed. I can understand one's concern towards the problems but why look at only the negative side and why never at the positives?

When I did raise these concerns, you found me to be a jingoist. What kind of jingoism and fascism do you see in the two points I've mentioned above?

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:Extract from my original post -
"And all ye - arm chair patriots - don't hide your lazy apathetic 'rear ends' behind meanigless jingoism. The least I personally could do is 'think about it ' ".

HPs response -

Was that derogatory? I was talking specifically about 'arm chair patriots' and in a way that is self critical too !
I could have used more colorful yet not very dergotary terms to describe 'rear end' - but I have my sense of civility intact - and HP would it make me a bad person if used words like 'Lazy' and apathetic rear end with my parents :roll: :wink:

Now that's upto one's own self to decide whether it is civil language or not. And if you feel its civil enough, I can't help it much, can I? And your rhetoric about having your sense of civility intact is lame bro - its akin to an eve-teaser claiming he's not bad because he just slapped a girl's bottom & didn't rape her.

As for you becoming a bad person if you used that language with your parents, I'm no one to judge you good or bad. At the most, I can call your actions good or bad. And since we're not bosom buddies, I won't try drilling sense into you a second time. Peace!

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:That was a cheap shot buddy. How low can you go?

As long as you provoke me. :)

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:Another extract from my post -

HPs response -

Have a good one guys.

I prefer hen eggs bro. You might as well share it with someone else who thinks I'm a fascist.
WTF??? HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by WTF??? HP » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:28 am

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:Well I do not want to reply in the same acerbic tone as HP and would not stoop to make any personal comments-

You started the trend by branding me a borderline fascist. If that wasn't a personal comment, what was it? And when the heat gets to you, you become "Oh, so nice" with this line? Double bloody effing standards.

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:The actual extract was from my post (click on the link for the thread) and the Subject = 'Apathy sucks' -

Where did I say that we should not talk about the negatives of India? My posts on this as well as the other thread raised two issues.

1. When we talk about the problems we're facing, we shouldn't make it out to be something that ony we are suffering from. Notice the phrases "Nowhere else in the world do we see such disregard for human lives" etc. This is what I have a problem with. Mind you, I've been discussing problems India is facing ever since I was in my sixth standard. And never have I felt this way.

2. When people keep talking about all negative aspects, why can't they spare a single thought on the positives? I've seen that the people who rant eloquent about the negatives hardly ever post on threads where an Indian achievement is being discussed. I can understand one's concern towards the problems but why look at only the negative side and why never at the positives?

When I did raise these concerns, you found me to be a jingoist. What kind of jingoism and fascism do you see in the two points I've mentioned above?

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:Extract from my original post -

HPs response -

Now that's upto one's own self to decide whether it is civil language or not. And if you feel its civil enough, I can't help it much, can I? And your rhetoric about having your sense of civility intact is lame bro - its akin to an eve-teaser claiming he's not bad because he just slapped a girl's bottom & didn't rape her.

As for you becoming a bad person if you used that language with your parents, I'm no one to judge you good or bad. At the most, I can call your actions good or bad. And since we're not bosom buddies, I won't try drilling sense into you a second time. Peace!

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:That was a cheap shot buddy. How low can you go?

As long as you provoke me. :)

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:Another extract from my post -

HPs response -

Have a good one guys.

I prefer hen eggs bro. You might as well share it with someone else who thinks I'm a fascist.
WTF??? HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by OsmaniaBiskit » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:43 pm

HP says -

[quote] I prefer hen eggs bro. You might as well share it with someone else who thinks I'm a fascist.

But you deserve it - I do not want to let anyone take what you truly deserve. :wink:
OsmaniaBiskit

by OsmaniaBiskit » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:20 am

HP Said -
Well...check your own post in that thread, dude. If "lazy, apathetic rear-ends" was very civil language, I wish you use it with your parents more often .

I did not say anything about your "parents" or loved ones - that I meant was a cheap shot.

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:

HP says -
As long as you provoke me.

Then this would be battle of unequals - I cannot go as low as you can.

I have seen many a frothing mouths and blood shot eyes to be bothered by one. :wink:

Your turn to post junior. :twisted: go ahead make my day :twisted:

[/b]
OsmaniaBiskit

by OsmaniaBiskit » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:43 am

OB is such an hypocrite - :wink:
OsmaniaBiskit

by Biscuit Muncher HP » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:33 pm

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:
HP wrote:]You started the trend by branding me a borderline fascist. If that wasn't a personal comment, what was it? And when the heat gets to you, you become "Oh, so nice" with this line? Double bloody effing standards.

HP wrote: Well...check your own post in that thread, dude. If "lazy, apathetic rear-ends" was very civil language, I wish you use it with your parents more often .

I did not say anything about your "parents" or loved ones - that I meant was a cheap shot.

Well...do you have a separate set of rules for your loved ones and a separate one for others? You were the one to bring up the question of getting personal after being the first one to do so. And...if you were really civil, your response to that quote of mine should have been a confident "Ofcourse, I use that language with my parents quite often." rather than calling it a cheap shot.

I didn't say anything negative against your parents or loved ones either. I just pointed out that your language was infact derogatory. When you contended it wasn't, I wrote whatever you've quoted above. And your response to that goes to show that your language wasn't very civil after all.

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:OsmaniaBiskit wrote:

HP says -
As long as you provoke me.

Then this would be battle of unequals - I cannot go as low as you can.

If you look carefully, your first post directed at me was below the belt. You chose to ignore the larger picture, picked up a few words of my post and reached a very out-of-context conclusion based on them. And then you called me a borderline fascist.

The only cheap shot I took at you was the one where I used the incubator allegory for your posterior. And if you feel that was lower than you, I apologise. Didn't expect a lack of a sense of humour on your part.

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:I have seen many a frothing mouths and blood shot eyes to be bothered by one. :wink:

I neither had a frothing mouth nor blood-shot eyes. The only thing I did get looking to you was a grin - the one that you would get if you saw someone jump up the wrong tree and then blame it on his itchy legs.

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:Your turn to post junior. :twisted: go ahead make my day :twisted:

Junior...eh? How old would you be uncle?
Biscuit Muncher HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by OsmaniaBiskit » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:26 am

HP says -

Junior...eh? How old would you be uncle?

May not be 'old' enough... but sensible enough to make you my junior :wink:
OsmaniaBiskit

Next         

Return to NRIs