Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Petition to protect Chilkuru Temple from Endwoments Dept.

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

Petition to protect Chilkuru Temple from Endwoments Dept.

by A Devotee » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:21 pm

http://www.protectchilukurubalajitemple.com

Let us pay our gratitude to GOD

Chilkur Balaji Temple (500 years old) is a renowned temple situated at Chilkur, about 25 km from Hyderabad , in Andhra Pradesh. The temple enshrines a swayambhu idol of Lord Venkateshwara flanked by Goddess Sridevi and Bhoodevi on either side. The deity is also known as ‘Visa-God’. Other deities worshipped here include Lord Shiva, worshipped in the form of Sri Sundareswara Swamy, and Goddess Padmavathy Devi (Rajya Lakshmi Devi).

Chilkuru Balaji Temple is the only temple where MONEY has no IMPORTANCE, from MAHA PRASADHAM to ARCHANA (Ashttothara namavali puja) will be done for FREE of cost. Every day priest himself walks to devotees to enquire Name and Gothram to perform PUJA. Approximately 75,000 to 1,00,000 devotees visit in a week, wait hours long in queue for Dharshanam with pure devotion for one good reason that is only in this temple there is NO VIP treatments and the concept of Break Darshana. Every body is equal in front of GOD. Devotees make 11 pradhakshinas with a wish and when it fulfills they do 108 pradhakshinas as gratitude. Pray GOD with Pure Devotion NOT WITH MONEY or Special Puja. This culture of devotion had been taught only in this temple.

Endowments dept. wants to ruin such a temple. Imagine the evils of commercialization imposing TICKET system right from Entry, Prasadam, Coconut offering etc, etc, to Dharshanam, Endowment Dept. may even impose TICKETS system on 11 and 108 PRADHAKSHINAS. How disgusting it would be, anybody who make wish to GOD has to pay for TICKET, when wish fulfills again pay for your gratitude. DID GOD EVER ASKED price for WISH.

“LET US SAY ALL TOGETHER, WE DO NOT ALLOW ENDOWMENT TO TAKE OVER THE TEMPLE . On behalf of all of us, Mr.Soundhara Rajan prime priest of Chilkur Balaji Temple is agitating to protect Temple . EXPRESS YOUR SUPPORT. Please Join Temple Protection Movement”. Kishore

We now call upon the Devotees to continue to agitate vigorously to prevent the destruction of Chilkuru Temple . Devotees want that all temples, which are Commercial enterprises, should become like Chilkuru temple but the Endowments Department wants that Chilkuru temple should be made like other temples. The following ACTION PLAN has been enlisted for our struggle.

Devotees and members of Temples Protection Movement visiting all the Temples in the State including the Balaji Temple at Tirumala will refrain from buying Darshan tickets.
The Devotees will protest against the VIP treatments and the concept of Break Darshan in all Temples including the one at Tirumala.
Public Interest Litigations in hundreds will be filed to freeze the Endowments Administration Fund, which is nothing but the amount collected by fleecing devotees to maintain the corrupt staff in the Endowments Department. This amount should belong to all the small temples numbering more than 32,000, which are languishing without Dhoopa Deepa and Naivedyams. The twenty crores worth Endowments Administration Fund is being used by the corrupt staff of the Endowments Department are surviving, enjoying, frittering on this amount and doing all anti Temple activities.
The existing endowments Legislation shall be amended as per the recommendations of the All Party Meeting held on 4th October 2004. A Draft Bill prepared by experts is ready but has been tinkered very badly by the Endowments Officials who do not want the Temples to survive in this State.

“WE ARE IN A WAR WITH THE ENDOWMENTS DEPARTMENT TO PROTECT OUR BELOVED TEMPLE AND EVERY DEVOTEE IS AN ARROW AGAINST THIS DEVILISH AND CORRUPT DEPARTMENT." Dr. M. V. Soundararajan - Convener ( Prime Priest Chilkuru Balaji Temple )
E-mail us at: kishore_chilkuru@yahoo.com
A Devotee

mail

by another devotee » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:25 am

I have forwarded the link to my friends through my email i.d

may be others also need to do the same
N.V.ANANTHA KRISHNA
Advocate
High Court of A.P.
Hyderabad 500 068
another devotee

by Logical HP » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:05 am

What you say about fees being imposed upon making a wish is true to some extent. But then, you should also look at the other side of the coin.

The fees being collected are for the purpose of the upkeep of the temple and it serves various functions like facilities, sanitation, security etc. Part of the money collected as fees would also go into paying regularised salaries to the temple staff, thus upping their standard of living. Can't we part with a few rupees in order to get these things sorted out? As the article says, people visit the place to get wishes like obtaining a visa etc. Now, a person wishing to go abroad should not think ill about paying a couple of hundred rupees towards the sanitation and security at a place they're visiting. People pay thousands of rupees in bribes without coming up with such campaigns.

I'm sure that the ones behind this campaign would come up with the argument that these funds might not be used for the purposes stated. In that case, have agitations for a proper representation from each segment in question - the temple staff, government, devotees etc. in the process of managing the funds. What logic goes into a suggestion to prevent a system from coming up just because you fear malpractices from creeping into it? Prevent the malpractices instead of trying to stop the system from taking ground.
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Logical HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:41 pm

the uniqueness of this temple was in the lack of hundis and equal treatment for all - VIPS or commoners. these features are in danger now! its upto the devotees to be vigilant to prevent such things.
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

"Mahima" / "Charisma" Goes ... Where Gov

by HH » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:47 pm

"Mahima" / "Charisma" Goes ... Where Govt Steps In!

* There Is This Venkateswara Temple In Chikkadpalli ... Up To Sixties ... Under Trustees ... Devotees Thronged ... With Queues Going Up To The Main Road ... From Seventies ... Govt "Took Over" ... People Visiting Dwindled ...

* Chilkur Is The Only Temple Without Hundi / "Tickets" ... Hundreds / Thousands Throng ... With Govt "Take Over" ... Let Us See ...

* If Govt Were To "Take Over" The Tirupati / Tirumala Temples, Too ... Regulation Will Mean ... "Mahima" / "Charisma" Goes ... :cry: :?:
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:03 pm

tirupati is fully commercialized saar! i think chilkur temple is far better for a serious devotee!
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Amazed HP » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:01 pm

I somehow don't understand the relationship between the sanctity and divinity of a place (though I consider every place equally holy as it's God's creation and I don't agree with the premise that some places can be holier than the other) and government control over it. Is the divinity so frail that the government's inefficient handling of affairs can eclipse it?

It's very human to attribute something wrong to some completely unrelated premise. As I wrote earlier, what's wrong with places like Tirupati etc. is the mishandling of affairs; bureaucracy and the red-tapism. Now, Government control can be a medium for these evils to creep into the system but at the same time, it can also bring about a positive change if applied properly and efficiently. Then why find fault with government control itself when the wrongs are in what happens at a later stage? Do you find fault with air itself when someone farts?
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Amazed HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Return to NRIs