Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Bribes accepted at Hyd airport.

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

Bribes accepted at Hyd airport.

by Ustaad » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:44 am

Bribes are accepted openly at Hyderabad airport. Last time i visited hyd. 3 yrs ago, I had to shell out 250 Rs. (was asked for 500) // just to get thru the q's quicker.

Its just how system works and some officials think they can squeeze anything out of a jet lagged NRI .

but who gives a F@#% , right?

i had 2 weeks time for the whole trip...btw.
Prose for hos!

Ustaad

by sp » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:16 am

i have autism and that guy continuously staring at me and saying "i see you" is giving me jitters.

but taking bribes is really sad. i wish RSS does something about it.
sp

Re: Bribes accepted at Hyd airport.

by Mayavi Morpheus » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:03 am

Ustaad wrote:Bribes are accepted openly at Hyderabad airport. Last time i visited hyd. 3 yrs ago, I had to shell out 250 Rs. (was asked for 500) // just to get thru the q's quicker.

Its just how system works and some officials think they can squeeze anything out of a jet lagged NRI .

:shock: Bribes in India??? Tell me it ain't true.... :(
May the Fries be with you!
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by KK » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:54 am

The assistant guy who screens the carry-ons was asking me for "chai ke leyi paise" - phew, when will the workers at airport grow up?
KK

by Ustaad » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:35 pm

sp wrote:i have autism and that guy continuously staring at me and saying "i see you" is giving me jitters.

but taking bribes is really sad. i wish RSS does something about it.

Dont't be scared Kiddo. I'll walk for you.

http://www.cureautismnow.org/site/apps/ ... ct=1813913
Prose for hos!

Ustaad

by Curious HP » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:36 pm

Just trying to imagine how these bribemongers would react if one were to raise hell at the airport on being asked for a bribe. And getting more imaginative, how about the entire flight roster doing so?
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Curious HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by an NRI » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:46 pm

Curious HP wrote:Just trying to imagine how these bribemongers would react if one were to raise hell at the airport on being asked for a bribe. And getting more imaginative, how about the entire flight roster doing so?

tried on arrival form usa. failed miserably. embarassed my ass off. nobody would second ! people are too busy to care. they hurried to go meet their families after paying whatever was asked of them rather than cry foul.

tried again with an armed guard at the entrance, when one of my relatives was leaving for usa. he would not allow us into the lobby inspite of the tickets. raised hell. said india kabhi nahin sudhregaa and all the rest. It worked :) he let us in without any extra table ke neeche maal.

remembered me when i was leaving the following week and even smiled at me !
an NRI

everwhere its the same case..

by pavan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:20 am

My friends office colleague(american) visited hyderabad for a business trip and he had two laptops with him. He had to bribe the guys there some 100 bucks to get thru, though he was supposed to take those two laptops back to US.

They are supposed to make an entry in the passport and let him out. Donno these guys there.. I think everywhere its the same case..
pavan

Whew!!

by Aditya » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:33 pm

Bribes, yeh! hell lot of them nowadays, have to give one for every damn thing that we wanna do!!! for riding bikes w/o helmets, driving cars w/o seat belts and what the heck the centre does nothing abt it, everybody goes around giving them and taking them too!!! :cry:

Anyways, the mistake contains our part too, aren't we paying them. nobody cares to complain to anyone. :(
Aditya

by rabab » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:10 pm

show them attitude when they does that..and ask them to write in your passport....you don't have to kiss their ass..they can't do anything...they try thier best to scare you....you make a weird face and show them big time attitude..they'll think you are a jerk and leave you ::tongue

I have done that alot :P
~*Hau Bole To Nakko Bol Te...Nakko Bole to Hau Bol te....Ya Hyderabadiyon Ki khaas Addat Jo Karo Bole so Nai Kartee*~
rabab

by Lucifer » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:50 am

I have been a big believer in the 'Taali ek haath se nahi bajti' (You cannot clap with one hand) theory. People accept bribes because they are offerred. We offer bribes, and then we complain. How ridiculous!

Really, this country has not gone to the dogs yet. Honesty still has its place. If you have done nothing wrong, there is nothing that anyone can do to you. If you don't wear a helmet when the law mandates it (it does not matter whether you believe the law is right or wrong - as long as the law is there you have to obey it), then obviously you are in the wrong. You have no right to complain when you have to shell out a bribe to go scot free.

People have told me how much they have to bribe to get their driver's licence. Such a load of crap that is! I got mine in about four hours at the RTA Hyderabad about six and a half years ago without greasing any palms - gave the test, cleared it, and got the licence. Last month I had to get the registration renewed for my Premier Padmini. Took all of 45 minutes.

About the airport. I did have to shell out a bit at the IGIA, Delhi because I was in the wrong. No complains about that. But in Hyderabad, I never had to do any such thing. Got through immigration without any hassles.

Seriously, those who complain that they have to shell out bribes are doing something wrong for the situation to come up in the first place. Be honest, be sincere, be upright, and no one will even dare ask you for a bribe. Integrity has its place, and even the most corrupt fear a person who is honest. Try it.
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

Re: Bribes accepted at Hyd airport.

by Zafar Pahelwaan » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:39 pm

Ustaad wrote:Bribes are accepted openly at Hyderabad airport. Last time i visited hyd. 3 yrs ago, I had to shell out 250 Rs. (was asked for 500) // just to get thru the q's quicker.

!!!!Kya Rishwat Lerai????????????

Hu!!!!!! Kaun hai re woh......?

...............................Aainda koi aisa kare to mere ku bolo........................

Actually mere ku bhi ek dafa poocha tha mai haath paao padhke nikal gaya......
Zafar Pahelwaan

re.

by Ustaad » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:02 pm

Lucifer wrote:Seriously, those who complain that they have to shell out bribes are doing something wrong for the situation to come up in the first place. Be honest, be sincere, be upright, and no one will even dare ask you for a bribe. Integrity has its place, and even the most corrupt fear a person who is honest. Try it.

Lucifer, that was an Intresting observation.But, i wasn't doing anything wrong at that time. I had my camera which i used for 2 years and couple of scotch bottles in a bag..

it wasn't like i was smuggling something.You know.

What you have said applies to the 'Ideal world'. methinks,you should try the real world sometimes or stop watching too many old hindi movies.
Prose for hos!

Ustaad

re

by Ustaad » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:06 pm

and huh... did i mention that we were stopped by a traffic police man right after we got out of the airport and took a left turn going towards the begumpet rd.

the reason: had too many bags tied on top of our poor maruti car.

had to shell Rs.100 , just to get out of there.

Lucifer, i didn't feel like arguing, fighting or talking about the law. I just wanted to go home , meet people , eat and get some sleep.
Prose for hos!

Ustaad

Re: re

by Lucifer » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:35 am

Ustaad wrote:and huh... did i mention that we were stopped by a traffic police man right after we got out of the airport and took a left turn going towards the begumpet rd.

Lucifer, i didn't feel like arguing, fighting or talking about the law. I just wanted to go home , meet people , eat and get some sleep.

Ustaad, that is against the law. Having too many bags tied is against the law. It makes the vehicle unstable. So you were in the wrong.

And, you are not allowed to carry two bottles of scotch. Just one.
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by KK » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:18 pm

Ustaad wrote:and huh... did i mention that we were stopped by a traffic police man right after we got out of the airport and took a left turn going towards the begumpet rd.

Looks like therez a cop always put up at airport to live upon others. Its no coincidence that the traffic police grabbed 100 bucks last time I visited.
KK

by R » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:56 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Ustaad, that is against the law. Having too many bags tied is against the law. It makes the vehicle unstable. So you were in the wrong.

And, you are not allowed to carry two bottles of scotch. Just one.

btw, i had 1 large and on small bag tied on top of the car..and it's was pretty stable at the speed we were going.

and i always carried 2 bottles of scotch to India everytime i visited. I wonder why i wasn't asked for any money on all my previous visits.

maybe i was just lucky or maybe the law has changed. Anyways, it not a big deal.
Prose for hos!

R

by CtrlAltDel » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:52 am

actually 2 bottles of liquor are allowed. i myself have brot in 2 bottles a trip n faced no probs
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Ustaad » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:46 am

CtrlAltDel wrote:actually 2 bottles of liquor are allowed. i myself have brot in 2 bottles a trip n faced no probs

i know, right.
Prose for hos!

Ustaad

by The Jackal » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:51 am

The limit is usually 2lts. I got with me many times more than 3lts. There is actually a trick which I learned. I usually come in Emirates via Dubai. One thing I noticed is that they dont check the check-in luggage with planes originating from Dubai,Singapore,etc(They have a scanner right after immigration where they check the cabin luggage).

They assume that people orginating from these places do all their shopping in the duty free area. So all I do is buy 3 bottles of royal salute(you usually get a free bag with that),in this bag i place the bottles cigarettes,perfumes and all the things which are looked by the customs people.And I check that bag in before entering the plane. Used this trick 3 times till date,twice from dubai and once from singapore. :twisted:
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.:Merovingian,TMR
The Jackal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

re

by Ustaad » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:26 pm

The Jackal wrote:The limit is usually 2lts. I got with me many times more than 3lts. There is actually a trick which I learned. I usually come in Emirates via Dubai. One thing I noticed is that they dont check the check-in luggage with planes originating from Dubai,Singapore,etc(They have a scanner right after immigration where they check the cabin luggage).
They assume that people orginating from these places do all their shopping in the duty free area. So all I do is buy 3 bottles of royal salute(you usually get a free bag with that),in this bag i place the bottles cigarettes,perfumes and all the things which are looked by the customs people.And I check that bag in before entering the plane. Used this trick 3 times till date,twice from dubai and once from singapore. :twisted:

i noticed that ^.

Another funny thing is .. there is usually a man sitting inside the luggage drop area after arrival with a 'chalk' and his freaking job is to cross 'x' if he sees any bags from US or Europe so other customs officers can feed on you later.

It's rather primitive, but it seems to work at Hyd. airport. It's such a shame.
Prose for hos!

Ustaad

by The Jackal » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:59 am

Ustaad wrote:
The Jackal wrote:The limit is usually 2lts. I got with me many times more than 3lts. There is actually a trick which I learned. I usually come in Emirates via Dubai. One thing I noticed is that they dont check the check-in luggage with planes originating from Dubai,Singapore,etc(They have a scanner right after immigration where they check the cabin luggage).

i noticed that ^.
Another funny thing is .. there is usually a man sitting inside the luggage drop area after arrival with a 'chalk' and his freaking job is to cross 'x' if he sees any bags from US or Europe so other customs officers can feed on you later.

It's rather primitive, but it seems to work at Hyd. airport. It's such a shame.
Ohh!!!****!!!Didnt know that.Thats why I had chalk marks on by bag!!!Damn it.But I always rub it off....I like my suitcase spick and span,so therefore before exiting the airport I always rub the big cross.

Only once I have been asked to stop by the customs guys but they didnt check the small free chivas bag which I checked in.A new guy asked me to to put it in the scanner and someother guy told the newbie that it was already checked after immigrating.Luckly I just keep apparel and some cd's in my suitcase.

Had to bribe in Mumbai airport once though. I was getting a laptop and I asked them to endorse it and they rejected it outright(Their claim was that customs people dont care about endorsements anymore,THEN WHY THE _ IS THE DAMN RULE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE).

They asked me for $200(I was only 17 at that time and looked like a kid).Argued with them for 1hr,I was so _ pissed that my bag didnt come to mumbai and had to catch a domestic connecting flight to hyd and throughtout the flight journey from paris to mumbai a baby was crying right beside me and finally had to give in to their demands and pay $20. Never flown Air India since then. The new JFK-Dubai flight has been a boon to me.

Luckly they changed the rule that passengers can get 1 laptop without hassels.
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.:Merovingian,TMR
The Jackal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by mango » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:24 pm

ahh. the topic of indian airports - especially hyd international.. and you wonder why we dont like to go back. i was 16 and i was travelling alone. my passport was issued when i was 8 so i changed a lot in the picture. 8 years later, this _ asks me why i dont look the same and tells me that i need to go back (miss my plane) and get a new picture because his retarded organization gives children passports for 10 years. i bitched at him for a while and he reluctantly "agreed" to let me go, if i "did something for mother india"

i was like.. wtf are you talking about and he keeps going about how green dollars are. i was exasperated at this point and pulled out a 20 and walked through the gates.
2001 AV6 AT
mango

re

by ustaad » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:51 am

mango wrote:i was like.. wtf are you talking about and he keeps going about how green dollars are. i was exasperated at this point and pulled out a 20 and walked through the gates.

the whole system is retarded.. it sucks.

i hope someone will catch these bolld suking vampires in the act.
Prose for hos!

ustaad

re

by ustaad » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:52 am

mango wrote:i was like.. wtf are you talking about and he keeps going about how green dollars are. i was exasperated at this point and pulled out a 20 and walked through the gates.

the whole system is retarded.. it sucks.

i hope someone will catch these blood sucking vampires in the act. :)
Prose for hos!

ustaad

Next         

Return to NRIs