Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Racist Pub? in Hyderabad.

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

Racist Pub? in Hyderabad.

by Ustaad » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:26 pm

is it true 10 downing street in Hyderabad doesn't allow Black people in their Pub ??

i came across this posting and felt shocked.. :shock:

http://www.10ds.net/view.asp?msgID=62

its sad and pretty lame that some people forget Indians were once ruled by the British ..and almost 60-70 % of the world too..

back then, British clubs and few offices didn't allow indians inside and were said display a warning saying " Indians and Dogs not allowed".

10 downing street has "Blacks not allowed"...at this age and day of the time.

i wouldn't go there.. although i'am an Indian.
Prose for hos!

Ustaad

by CtrlAltDel » Tue May 02, 2006 12:06 pm

i heard abt it, tho i havent seen it happen, yet. if its true, its really sad...
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by The Jackal » Tue May 02, 2006 1:01 pm

This is the first time I heard this.Maybe the one of the partners was mugged or something by a black when they were abroad(I heard that they were NRI's....dont know how true that is.)
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.:Merovingian,TMR
The Jackal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

re

by ustaad » Mon May 22, 2006 8:25 pm

The Jackal wrote:This is the first time I heard this.Maybe the one of the partners was mugged or something by a black when they were abroad(I heard that they were NRI's....dont know how true that is.)

please believe.

Prose for hos!

ustaad

by Vishrasayan » Mon May 22, 2006 11:23 pm

What the freaking shit......since when the telugus went nazi? (10D is owned by some reddy chap)... The guy seems to have forgotten all about his sunburnt relatives back in the village.....

get a life Mr.10D...
Dil pe mat le yaar....
http://vishrasayan.blogspot.com/
Vishrasayan

re

by ustaad » Tue May 23, 2006 7:54 am

Vishrasayan wrote:The guy seems to have forgotten all about his sunburnt relatives back in the village.....

get a life Mr.10D...

brown necks ? huh ..LOL

If this guy did the same shit here in the US or Atlanta , for that matter..i guarantee that he'd get his ass whooped..

or worse, shot!

Mr.10 D is just another ignorant prick,sadly.

Prose for hos!

ustaad

Re: re

by ustaad » Tue May 23, 2006 7:58 am

heres another sad one...

taken from http://www.supergoa.com/pt/forum/read.asp?c_post=6914

Indians and Dogs Are Not Allowed.

------------------------------------------------------

Autor: Gaunkar [membro] Data: 30/4/2006 Mensagem lida 36 vezes

14/2/2006

Indians and Dogs Are Not Allowed.

They dont hang this board outside establishments in India these days. But there are hundreds of legal establishments across India that will deny me entry just because Im Indian (while dogs of the right breed are allowed).

For example, Airlines Hotel on Madras Bank Road, Bangalore, is one such establishment. They are partial to foreigners and Indians holding a western passport.

A few years back, I made the mistake of visiting a friend from Australia who was staying there. I got a taste how good old Tata would have felt when he went with his friends to the Majestic Hotel in Mumbai, a century back.

Unfortunately, things havent changed much in some parts of Mumbai. You will find many establishments that discrminate in the Colaba area of Mumbai. If you are an Indian, these places will always claim to be full.

I once managed to stay in a place that claimed to full, during the slack season, in Kodaikanal. Only because I was travelling with a foreigner.We were the only guests staying with them, that day.

It is easy to locate these establishments.

Take a Lonely Planet India guide. Select the most popular backpackers accommodation in any Indian town or tourist location. Try renting a room for a night.

In 90% of these establishments, you will be denied entry. And not so politely.

http://spaces.msn.com/gopalms/blog/cns! ... 1010.entry

Also read:

Yes on The New Racism

http://marginalien.blogspot.com/2006/03/new-racism.html
Prose for hos!

ustaad

Racist Pub

by VJ » Tue May 23, 2006 10:20 am

HI,

Not surprised though! India has much Racism than any other country by its religious/cultural feelings. Nothing to wonder if the fellows from the pub have done something like that.

@VJ
Being Oneself is One of the Greatest Qualities of All Time In a Human Being.
VJ

by Red Combat » Tue May 23, 2006 11:05 am

CRAP man, how could there be a restaurent that says "Indians not allowed", how could they be allowed to operate. If what I read about 10D is true, am not going to put my foot in there again. Can someone really validate ? I think, if I just go there and ask they might have a diplomatic answer. Someone should actually see it.
Let's get out of these wet clothes and into a dry Martini.
<I>-Every Day's a Holiday</I>
Red Combat
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Bimbette » Tue May 23, 2006 12:19 pm

Red Combat wrote:CRAP man, how could there be a restaurent that says "Indians not allowed", how could they be allowed to operate. If what I read about 10D is true, am not going to put my foot in there again. Can someone really validate ? I think, if I just go there and ask they might have a diplomatic answer. Someone should actually see it.

I was not witness to the incident but there was a real-life incident that happened at 10 D with regard to a Black student in Hyd not being allowed to set foot in.

It was covered by the Chronicle and though the paper is more of a tabloid, this incident seemed to be true.

PS Not meant for anyone in particular....when people, in a fit of emotion say that they will not set foot in a place, does the feeling last for long?....just thinking out aloud....
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right.
Bimbette

by CtrlAltDel » Tue May 23, 2006 2:22 pm

Bimbette wrote:...when people, in a fit of emotion say that they will not set foot in a place, does the feeling last for long?....
naah! :D it wud last until the next weekend!

anyway on topic: i too have read in DC, ToI and Indian Express about the the discrimination in 10D...so it must be true...there's no smoke without fire
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Red Combat » Wed May 24, 2006 6:41 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:
Bimbette wrote:...when people, in a fit of emotion say that they will not set foot in a place, does the feeling last for long?....

:lol: Lets see, its been just 2 days since I said that. Will post after the next weekend :wink:

But, on serious note, Yes, I would try my best to walk to talk. :idea:
Red Combat
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Red Combat » Wed May 24, 2006 6:42 pm

Red Combat wrote:
CtrlAltDel wrote:

:lol: Lets see, its been just 2 days since I said that. Will post after the next weekend :wink:

But, on serious note, Yes, I would try my best to walk to talk. :idea:
Correction : "Walk the Talk" :oops:
Red Combat
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Johnny » Wed May 24, 2006 6:52 pm

This is so not true. This is just a "Chance pe dance" opportunity, cashed in nicely by the competitors of 10 D. I know the regulars to 10 D. The actual incident was totally different. That Black guy was drunk and stoned, hence he was denied entry.
Smoking helps to reduce weight, a LUNG at a time.
http://nemesis.fullhydblogs.com
Johnny
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Sharjeel » Wed May 24, 2006 6:56 pm

Johnny wrote:This is so not true. This is just a "Chance pe dance" opportunity, cashed in nicely by the competitors of 10 D. I know the regulars to 10 D. The actual incident was totally different. That Black guy was drunk and stoned, hence he was denied entry.
Exactly!
"Consequences, shmonsequences! So long as I'm rich!" - Daffy Duck.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Herbtotaler HP » Wed May 24, 2006 8:04 pm

Too good I don't drink. Would never need to go to these places. :D
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Herbtotaler HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

discrimination. Please read this and reply if u can.

by R.U Smart » Thu May 25, 2006 2:29 am

How bad we feel when we read Indians, or Indian dogs not allowed. But it is our society that has created this. We Indians Proudly used to announce that we have the caste system. I believe that our politicians also do not want this system to vanish.

WHY DE WE DISCRIMINATE AMONGST OURSELVES---THAT PERSON IS A SCHEDULED CASTE,OR BACKWARD CASTE, HIGHER CLASS OR RICH MAN POOR MAN AND SO ON AND SO FORTH. SO MUCH SO THE GOVERNMENT ALSO IS HAVING A TOUGH FIGHT WITH STUDENTS NOWADAYS ABOUT THE RESERVATION CLAUSE. AND THIS WILL CONTINUE ON AND ON.

WE as Indians first have to tell each other that we are all Indians-not a muslim-hindu-parsi-sikh-- and then we have to learn to respect everyone. Just by trying to seperate ourselves in different castes we cannot overcome this discrimination which we have to face in different roads of life. Hope I am being frank enough and would like this message to propagate amongst all Indians.
R.U Smart

re

by Ustaad » Thu May 25, 2006 9:18 am

Johnny wrote:This is so not true. This is just a "Chance pe dance" opportunity, cashed in nicely by the competitors of 10 D. I know the regulars to 10 D. The actual incident was totally different. That Black guy was drunk and stoned, hence he was denied entry.

i'am hoping you are right.Hate to see an Indian racist.

Brings a bad PR.
Prose for hos!

Ustaad

Return to NRIs