Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Kaavya Vishwanathan

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

Kaavya Vishwanathan

by Pavan » Thu May 04, 2006 5:38 am

What do you guys think about her? She is gettin bashed all over.... What she has is done is not a proper thing, but I think its not that big sin.

Is it that bad to copy a theme or may be take some part of a novel.. its not some intellectual property.. In the end, if that entertains people it is good..

poor girl.. donno what will happen to her future..that too she is in Harvard.
Pavan

by CtrlAltDel » Thu May 04, 2006 10:01 am

as such an 'inspired' person, she cud make a good bollywood script writer! :lol:
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

Re: Kaavya Vishwanathan

by Reality » Thu May 04, 2006 2:01 pm

Pavan wrote:What do you guys think about her? She is gettin bashed all over.... What she has is done is not a proper thing, but I think its not that big sin.
Is it that bad to copy a theme or may be take some part of a novel.. its not some intellectual property.. In the end, if that entertains people it is good..
poor girl.. donno what will happen to her future..that too she is in Harvard.

what you create is your intellectual property? what do you mean by "its not some intellectual property" ? It is indeed intellectual property.
"REALITY IS THAT WHICH, WHEN YOU STOP BELIEVING IN IT,DOESN'T GO AWAY."-PHILIP K._.
Reality
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by fl » Fri May 05, 2006 12:01 am

reality is right

it is intellectual property

and she lied many times about it

and so deserves all that is being said
I'm not in favour of Senseless Windows Bashing.
However,I'm all for Bashing Windows Senseless.
fl
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by jenniferfan » Fri May 05, 2006 3:23 pm

she deserves it alright...isn't tht like the first rule of writing or something..NOT to copy someone else's work??
I CAME I SAW I CONQUERED..uh huh.....
jenniferfan

by Reality » Tue May 09, 2006 2:58 am

What I dont understand is how could she have underestimated the readership? Even the grad students are very aware of the pliagerism issues in the US. And find various ways to mask it in simple term papers too. :-). How could she have thought she would get away with taking entire paragraphs from an other book ? Its a sad story. But some part of me feels sorry for her.
"REALITY IS THAT WHICH, WHEN YOU STOP BELIEVING IN IT,DOESN'T GO AWAY."-PHILIP K._.
Reality
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

It's ok baby.

by Zephyr » Tue May 09, 2006 8:34 pm

She is Cute, I forgive her.
Zephyr

Return to NRIs