Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Hah NRI's

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

Hah NRI's

by VJ » Fri May 12, 2006 8:52 pm

Hah NRI's!

I don't really know what people feel themselves with the tag named "NRI" in their necks. Sometimes I say myself NRI! So what?

When will these "Non Resident Indians" become "National Resident of India" a true meaning for NRI and make this country the world number one?

Iam surprised a country holding more than 1 billion brains is still lagging behind in its development and begging infront of the international community by exposing the areas of development, instead of striving for development by itself and by utilising the best and most brains and competing with the external world.

Its all becoz of the _ mentality of the people to remain as NRI a Non Reliable Indian flying away from this country and ofcourse the corrupted government.

What do u wanna say guyz NRI's?

@VJ
VJ

nri... blah blah

by FT » Fri May 12, 2006 11:48 pm

yawn...
FT

Re: Hah NRI's

by Ustaad » Sat May 13, 2006 5:01 am

VJ wrote:Hah NRI's!
Its all becoz of the _ mentality of the people to remain as NRI a Non Reliable Indian flying away from this country and ofcourse the corrupted government.

What do u wanna say guyz NRI's?

@VJ

Its not "all becoz" we flew away to survive or make a living. "Most " NRI's would think twice about donating in India because the funds never reach the needy.

there is no element of "trust" between a NRI and RI .

Some RI's think we are too good and start making assumptions about our behavior, although, some of us donot act like "evolved" species.

Anyways, that is all changing now.There is a positive vibe about India in NRI and foreign circles . And many people are investing in India, if you look around. Thats the good news.

And hey, you cannot expect NRI's to do it themselves. No one stopped you from going abroad.And plus, you might have your personal reasons...and please i donot give "i live my india" crap. Because, we love India too.

Bad news is : There are too many political layers and most of them are greedy. Infrastructure needs to be improved.

Maybe, you can make the first move by NOT pissing by the road side, if you cannot donate and post topics like this.

Holla back!
Prose for hos!

Ustaad

Hah NRI's

by VJ » Sat May 13, 2006 10:59 am

Yes!

I made the first move by coming back to India after completing my studies in Europe. I went there to study, Studied but couldn't earn money coz my sole purpose was to study there.

I returned back and atleast motivated many of co-friends with me to return back and work in India to increase their competence and put their skills innn. I could increase the moral and confidence of the people around me by explaining the difference between the two countries and how to improve ourselves in every sense.

When I have enough money in my pockets Iam sure I will definitely do something which is gonna help this country in some form or the other. Give me sometime for that.

Its not always about donating money! Sometimes your presence among the people makes a huge difference. Your recommmendations could make a difference. Your simple idea to establish something or do good could make a difference.

Pissing! Its a nature call! U can't stop it from happening. I guess people out there don't piss in their pants.

Open your eyes my dear :roll:

@VJ
VJ

by Ustaad » Sat May 13, 2006 7:29 pm

let me break it down for you.

VJ wrote:Yes!

I made the first move by coming back to India after completing my studies in Europe. I went there to study, Studied but couldn't earn money coz my sole purpose was to study there.

good for you.

[quote="VJ"]

I returned back and atleast motivated many of co-friends with me to return back and work in India to increase their competence and put their skills innn. I could increase the moral and confidence of the people around me by explaining the difference between the two countries and how to improve ourselves in every sense.

[/quote="VJ"]

whats a skills innn ? some kind of hotel/motel ?

anyways, if you are motivating others and they "listen" to you or you think they "do" , your purpose is solved.

[quote="VJ"]

When I have enough money in my pockets Iam sure I will definitely do something which is gonna help this country in some form or the other. Give me sometime for that.

[/quote="VJ"]

thats a nice start.. hopefully for a very noble cause.

[quote="VJ"]

Its not always about donating money! Sometimes your presence among the people makes a huge difference. Your recommmendations could make a difference. Your simple idea to establish something or do good could make a difference.

[/quote="VJ"]

an NRI's presence is often misunderstood and their suggestions or advice may be treated as "arrogance" . Theres always a risk.

People may not always like what you gotta say.

[quote="VJ"]

Pissing! Its a nature call! U can't stop it from happening. I guess people out there don't piss in their pants.

[/quote="VJ"]

LOL. People piss in their pants when they are scared. Saw it the movies though.

[quote="VJ"]

[/quote="VJ"]

they are :shock:
Prose for hos!

Ustaad

by Sharjeel » Sun May 14, 2006 6:48 pm

India is fast changing, now the firangi people have started streaming into Inda, as the pay here is more... :lol:
"Consequences, shmonsequences! So long as I'm rich!" - Daffy Duck.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by FirstFugitive » Sun May 14, 2006 11:04 pm

Hey,

Guyz Cmon Yaar Calm Down We all Love Our India Very much..............

Some people Expresses it and some not and even there are ppl who dont know how to Express.......anywayz Questioning Each other who is doing what for their nation and who can do what is Far Better than Doing Something and not Just Talking AN IDEA NOT COUPLED WITH ACTION WILL NEVER GET ANY BIGGER THAN THE BRAIN CELL IT OCCUPIED....

VJ,you told one great thing "Sometimes your presence among the people makes a huge difference" but you know VJ Not Just India Rest of the World needs Indians i guess you know bot Indian IT GUYS,Engineers,Doctors etc etc...

Ustad is absolutely correct from a NRI's View and i guess not many RI's are aware of the Foreign Exchange India Recieves due to NRI's....

And Not all RI's are Loitering some are making millions being in India and Living a life an NRI Could ever Wish..........Almost All Indians are Contributing towards its growth the Only Culprit is The Indian Political System and not even the Politicians because someone or the other has to be there and to be there they have to be like that for their Political survival..........................

but Still

PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN

Guyz I remember Nana patekar's Quote

Oonche Makaan Pheeka Pakwaan

sou me se assi Beimaan

Phir bhi mera Desh Mahaan.....Hey its a Gag......http://www.fullhyderabad.com/discussion ... on_lol.gif

Laughing

Cheers

VJ wrote:Yes!

@VJ
:lol:
FirstFugitive

by Ustaad » Sun May 14, 2006 11:19 pm

my props to First Fugitive.
Prose for hos!

Ustaad

by First Fugitive » Sun May 14, 2006 11:48 pm

Hi Ustaad,

What Do U do?

Ustaad wrote:my props to First Fugitive.
First Fugitive

by ustaad » Mon May 15, 2006 6:16 am

First Fugitive wrote:Hi Ustaad,
What Do U do?

Ustaad wrote:my props to First Fugitive.

handle my biz. in ATL :) and you ?
Prose for hos!

ustaad

Hah NRI's

by VJ » Mon May 15, 2006 4:37 pm

May be I should stand at the other end and start observing things. However, from my past experience, I always felt Iam missing something.

Well lets see if I get a chance to fly again. But this time my sole purpose is to earn MONEY.

Money is the only thing which defeated my life.

@VJ
Being Oneself is One of the Greatest Qualities of All Time In a Human Being.
VJ

by First Fugitive » Mon May 15, 2006 4:47 pm

Well..............There are a lot of Dimensions you could opt for anything

all you need is a sound idea and Timeless Dedication...Money will make its

own way in.
First Fugitive

by betty » Tue May 16, 2006 12:01 pm

I think we have discussed this before, but the issue keeps popping up.

Each side, who leaves India and who doesn't have their own reasons for doing so, and neither can assume that only his reasons are correct and not the others. So, neither side should be contemptous of the choice the other side made, else, it will smell of 'sour grapes'. As such, for most decisions, you win some, you lose some, so the results are to be weighed before taking a decision.

However, I have found NRIs being contemptous of the way Indians live and talking in a patronising way about the traiffic situation, pollution, roads...though they might ahve grown up here, and then moved on...and suddenly 4 years outweigh 20 years before that....but then, not all NBRIs do that, so should not generalize.

Also, I have seen RIs being contemptous of NRI lifestule, saying that they are away from indian culture, etc...which again is not true.

So, both RIs and NRIs need to complement each other and not be at loggerheads, because each side is adding to the wealth of India.
betty
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by First Fugitive » Tue May 16, 2006 4:54 pm

My preps to Betty
First Fugitive

by gyanster » Tue May 16, 2006 5:00 pm

betty wrote:However, I have found NRIs being contemptous of the way Indians live and talking in a patronising way about the traiffic situation, pollution, roads...though they might ahve grown up here, and then moved on...and suddenly 4 years outweigh 20 years before that....but then, not all NBRIs do that, so should not generalize.

I did'nt like the problems with pollution, traffic and roads before I left India and did my part in trying not to worsen the situation.
Kuch to bhi kare tho, Kya to bhi hota.
My Blog - http://ozdesi.blogspot.com
Coming to Australia? - http://studyinginaus.blogspot.com
gyanster

by First Fugitive » Tue May 16, 2006 5:06 pm

Yeah Can beleive that..........................

http://www.xanga.com/happeninghyderabad
First Fugitive

Re: nri... blah blah

by KK » Wed May 17, 2006 5:51 am

FT wrote:yawn...

YAWN...
KK

Re: nri... blah blah

by ustaad » Wed May 17, 2006 8:33 pm

KK wrote:
FT wrote:yawn...

YAWN...