Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Chori! Usspar Senna Zori !!

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

Chori! Usspar Senna Zori !!

by ***** » Wed May 17, 2006 3:54 am

Amazed at what all can happen in this world:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stori ... 05885.html

Today: May 16, 2006 at 14:31:44 PDT

Mexico Threatens Suits Over Guard Patrols
By MARINA MONTEMAYOR
ASSOCIATED PRESS

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (AP) -

Mexico said Tuesday that it would file lawsuits in U.S. courts if National Guard troops on the border become directly involved in detaining migrants.

Mexican border officials also said they worried that sending troops to heavily trafficked regions would push illegal migrants into more perilous areas of the U.S.-Mexican border to avoid detection.

President Bush announced Monday that he would send 6,000 National Guard troops to the 2,000-mile border, but they would provide intelligence and surveillance support to Border Patrol agents, not catch and detain illegal immigrants.

"If there is a real wave of rights abuses, if we see the National Guard starting to directly participate in detaining people ... we would immediately start filing lawsuits through our consulates," Foreign Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez told a Mexico City radio station. He did not offer further details.

Mexican officials worry the crackdown will lead to more deaths. Since Washington toughened security in Texas and California in 1994, migrants have flooded Arizona's hard-to-patrol desert and deaths have spiked. Migrant groups estimate 500 people died trying to cross the border in 2005. The Border Patrol reported 473 deaths in the fiscal year ending Sept. 30.

In Ciudad Juarez, Julieta Nunez Gonzalez, local representative of the Mexican government's National Immigration Institute, said Tuesday she will ask the government to send its migrant protection force, known as Grupo Beta, to more remote sections of the border.

Sending the National Guard "will not stop the flow of migrants, to the contrary, it will probably go up," as people try to get into the U.S. in the hope that they could benefit from a possible amnesty program, Nunez said.

Juan Canche, 36, traveled more than 1,200 miles to the border from the southern town of Izamal and said nothing would stop him from trying to cross.

"Even with a lot of guards and soldiers in place, we have to jump that puddle," said Canche, referring to the drought-stricken Rio Grande dividing Ciudad Juarez and El Paso, Texas. "My family is hungry and there is no work in my land. I have to risk it."

Some Mexican newspapers criticized President Vicente Fox for not taking a stronger stand against the measure, even though Fox called Bush to express his concerns.

A political cartoon in the Mexico City newspaper Reforma depicted Bush as a gorilla carrying a club with a flattened Fox stuck to it.

Fox's spokesman, Ruben Aguilar, said Tuesday that Mexico accepted Bush's statement that the sending in the National Guard didn't mean militarizing the area. He also said Mexico remained "optimistic" that the U.S. Senate would approve an immigration reform "in the interests of both countries."

Aguilar noted that Bush expressed support for the legalization of some immigrants and implementation of a guest worker program.

"This is definitely not a militarization," said Aguilar, who also dismissed as "absolutely false" rumors that Mexico would send its own troops to the border in response.

Bush has said sending the National Guard is intended as a stopgap measure while the Border Patrol builds up resources to more effectively secure the border.

In Nuevo Laredo, across from Laredo, Texas, Honduran Antonio Auriel said he would make it into the U.S.

"Soldiers on the border? That won't stop me," he said. "I'll swim the river and jump the wall. I'm going to arrive in the United States."

---

Associated Press Writer Mark Stevenson in Mexico City contributed to this report.
:shock:

by CtrlAltDel » Wed May 17, 2006 10:19 am

:lol:

unbelievable! the mexican govt protests the US move to prevent illegal migration into US from mexico!!!!!

:lol:
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by gyanster » Wed May 17, 2006 4:10 pm

Any relevance of this to Hyderabad?
Kuch to bhi kare tho, Kya to bhi hota.
My Blog - http://ozdesi.blogspot.com
Coming to Australia? - http://studyinginaus.blogspot.com
gyanster

by CtrlAltDel » Wed May 17, 2006 4:18 pm

yeah...its a warning to all hyderabadies who want to illegally enter US via mexico. an indian can easily pass off as a mexican anyday, except for the language part.
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by gyanster » Wed May 17, 2006 4:20 pm

LOL
gyanster

by ***** » Wed May 17, 2006 7:38 pm

gyanster wrote:Any relevance of this to Hyderabad?

why? every post on these boards is relevant to hyderabad ?
:roll: duh

I see the relevance in terms of the following:
http://www.samachar.com/showurl.htm?rur ... inst~quota
Students begin door-to-door campaign against quota

New Delhi, May 17. (PTI): Protesting medical students today began a door-to-door campaign seeking public support to broaden their anti-quota agitation while the indefinite hunger strike by students of five premier medical colleges in the national capital entered the fourth day.

Hundreds of medical students under the banner of 'Youth for Equality' will move around in residential areas and distribute pamphlets to create awareness among the public about their agitation and to seek support, the students said.

The decision to broaden the agitation was taken after the Government showed "scant regard to the sentiments of the students", who have been protesting the proposed quota-hike for OBCs in elite educational institutions.

The students had yesterday appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to set up a non-political judicial committee to review the existing reservation policy and sought an audience with him to discuss the issue.

Meanwhile, the indefinite hunger strike by around 150 students of five premier medical colleges of the capital at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) entered the fourth day.

Senior doctors of AIIMS have also come out in support of the striking resident doctors and medical students and decided to observe a "black day" tomorrow, they said.

However, the agitation suffered a minor setback last night when resident doctors of the AIIMS decided to resume duties after talks with hospital authorities.

Our governments' attitude is similar to that of US's government where it panders to minorities like a slave

Let us beware, man. Remember what was the quota for the minorities when our parents were students? Where are we now? What is happening today with the medicos in Delhi? duh. again.

Cant we learn ? :roll:

by parinda » Thu May 18, 2006 7:54 am

Yes minoroties are responsible for you fathers inability to put some resoning logic in your anonymous nameless or I would rather say fatherless personality, minorities are also responsible for the Medicos preotesting in Delhi, they are also responsible for the Mexicans crossing the border, and let me tell you this they are also responsible for the very existence of Hindu Terrorist organizations liek RSS and Hindu anti nationals like you..
parinda

by CtrlAltDel » Thu May 18, 2006 12:12 pm

***** wrote:

Our governments' attitude is similar to that of US's government where it panders to minorities like a slave

Let us beware, man. Remember what was the quota for the minorities when our parents were students? Where are we now? What is happening today with the medicos in Delhi? duh. again.
:?

what does your rant have to do with the topic of this thread? take it elsewhere. and FYI, the reservation issue is not about the minorities, but about the actual majority: the dalits, SCs etc.
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by CtrlAltDel » Thu May 18, 2006 1:13 pm

wtf hapnd to the quotes ^^^ ?

since they are not showing up, i am coloring them:

***** wrote:

:?

what does your rant have to do with the topic of this thread? take it elsewhere. and FYI, the reservation issue is not about the minorities, but about the actual majority: the dalits, SCs etc.
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by gyanster » Thu May 18, 2006 1:23 pm

***** wrote:

Maybe because the sites name is fullhyderabad.com

If you have a problem with reservation then there are other threads. And if you had a relevant point then you should mention in your opening post.

P.S you will get more respect from me if you do not post as private.
gyanster

Return to NRIs