Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Indian students in the western world

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

Indian students in the western world

by International Student » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:45 am

Are you an International student in US,UK,Canada or somewhere else in Europe? Are you enjoying life? Did these places turned out the way you expected? Lets be frank and discuss our experiences in this thread

As soon as we complete our graduation the first thing that comes to mind is maters from UK or US. Very much influenced by the riches and lifestyle seen on the television we plan to go abroad to study. we prepare for TOEFL, GRE ans finally land in the dream country first few weeks look very exciting and when we feel that we will be finished off with the money we start looking for jobs "PART TIME". Fisrt every one tries for a job of their related field then settle down with anything, you start maknig good money and try to save each and evey single penny one day you go back to india and spend like millionares and then someone asks what do you do there? you say i work in a worlds leading super market, i work in a famous pizza shop and if someone says why do you work in these places being an engineer or doctor your reply is: "things are not like India there we have dignity of labour there". You come back and the same dignified labour life again. Finally some day you finish your masters but still doing the dignified labour job then you say I earn more than a professional job doing this. Ask your self are you happy? who are you cheating your parents, your relatives, your friends or yourself?

Just think about it guys was the middle class life of India better or this so called western lifestyle is good? Believe me the governments here do not need international students they need english speaking graduate labours.
Live Life King Size.
International Student

by International Student » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:46 am

correction: As soon as we complete our graduation the first thing that comes to mind is masters......................
Live Life King Size.
International Student

by indiabo » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:51 pm

Ok All well said and you expect it to be accepted.

So why does indian international student settle down for odd job? why?

Every student who goes out there to study make a minimum deficit in their home balance of about 3-6 lac on average. The foremost usually in middle class family responsibilty lies on those novice shoulder to earn now why does parents expect them to compensate b'coz example and standards are set by the seniors..

Yes those went as student to western nation in ealry 2000 have drastically chanaged the status of their families in the wink of their eyes so you have to meet those standard and you end up competeing in the mad bull race of money

Sorry!!

Its not simply money its the money which is earned for doing jobs which you are not happy with

you dont want to do that sort of jobs in ur cities

you dont want to disclose your job profile

you will never tell you are nothing more then physical labourer

Your professional qualification gradually and gradually covers itself with lard!!

you even stop dreaming of professional career

So there is pure self consolation at work!!!!!!!!!

What at the end of the day matters is money!!#

you are grouped with so much of people who have same setof mind

What is this all about

you fo on trip after trip aftreto india

_ sake you earned enough for about to luxury life!!!

you go on to marry and some blindfolded with stick on to you with qualified girl who is by again hook or crook got bundled with you she joins the wagon of wok.........

this goes goes on

Wake up!!!!!!!!

All of u there its time that you recognise that tiny piece of paper in ur luggage which u earned your qualification!!!!!!!!!!
indiabo

by International student » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:49 am

You accept it or not but this is the fact.
Live Life King Size.
International student

by indiabo » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:12 pm

You must have read what I wrote

I am accepting wat you are but on the sidelines I am giving out the reason and how you are carried away from yourself ....
indiabo

chill out guys why be skeptical

by black » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:37 am

hi fellows..

looks like u people have something against the international grads. I say chill out. Man why the heck not see the brighter side. I do agree 99 % students just go to US seeing their seniors do that. In a way they escape a lot of crap back home. All u engineers and doctors ..just look at your self once . Is the quality of education you get good enough to take up responsible jobs. I can see not a single engineer from hyderabad capable of building a bridge or designing a chip. May be i sound pathetic but just ask Urself this question.Man I am not defending people who go to US or UK for masters..I only say people need ways to earn and survive and they just chose the easy way out.
black

Choices

by kalyan » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:12 pm

First things first

If you get 200 rs per hour will you work in a pizza place?

Second you want to earn money(as long as it is not illegal and you are not harming anyone,its good)(which we never do in india,parents feed you till eternity).How many of you have worked your ass for your education ?)

most of my american colleagues in U.S did work in these pizza places and gas stations for paying their tuition(Funny even my former boss worked in on of these places).

Thirdly,my personal feeling always take the positive from every work you do.If you work in a pizza place or gas station develop your communication skills,be a better sales person(once you become something after your graduation you can use these skills). why the heck on earth we crazy indians think doing this work is wrong,doing that work is wrong(piece of b**s**t).

Then coming to happiness, how the heck do you guys sitting in india (always dreaming of getting into U.S when you get the chance,there might be exceptions)know whether we are happy or not.Happiness is in the mind.If hard work/work makes you unhappy,then god only save you.

You make choices,if you make choices which make you unhappy then that is your mistake. These are my personal opinions.I donot intend to mock anybody,but lately i have been hearing the same ***t again and again and again.
kalyan

Return to NRIs