Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Hyderabadi In Saudi Arabia

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

Hyderabadi In Saudi Arabia

by shakes » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:09 pm

Hi guys...

I know they are lot of Hyderabadis in saudia..

So, what are you ppl waiting for...?

come and join to chat in pure hyderabadi language ...

Regards...

shakes...
shakes

Re: Hyderabadi In Saudi Arabia

by QATAR SHAIK » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:52 pm

A re kya bolre miyan main bhi tha saudi main 6 saal bahot saare hyderabadiyon ko jantun main abhi kya bolna hi bolo yaro hum bhi join kar liye hain

shakes wrote:Hi guys...
I know they are lot of Hyderabadis in saudia..
So, what are you ppl waiting for...?

come and join to chat in pure hyderabadi language ...

Regards...
shakes...
QATAR SHAIK

by ShakeS » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Accha join karey bhai tum bi,
21 august, 2007 ku ye start kara to ab jakey koi join hue,
wo b main saudi se hyd exit aa gaye baad... :)

aur sunao pellvan kya haal hai, kidar hai saudi mein.
Main dammam mein tha.
flhal hyd mein hoon,
ek dum mast.
ShakeS

by King Ali The Powet To Conquer » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:08 pm

Assalamualaikum,

Kef Al haal yakhi ?

Main bhi Saudi main tha. Abhi Hyd main hoon.
Waha rehne tak is site ka pata nahi tha..

Khair.. how abt u .. ?

Chat hoti rahegi Inshallah.

Allah Hafiz....
King Ali The Powet To Conquer

by ShakeS » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:50 pm

Chat to hoti rahegi, Insha Allah,
Main bhi aajkal Hyd. mein hi hooon,

kuch acche experiences share kariye,

saudi mein 20,000 ki job acchi hai ya India mein 10,000 ki...?

kya khayal hai.
ShakeS

by Bhaimiya » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:53 pm

Ab aal sab thei bole toh mei bhi tha Saudi mein. Riyadh mei tha mei.
Bhaimiya
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by King Ali The Power To Conquer » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Assalamualaikum,

Jis Mulk ke watani ho usi mulk main apni rozi roti ki talaash achi baat hain.
Insaan majboori mai hi apna watan chod ke dusre watan jata hain .
Main to yehi samjhta hoon ke... apne mulk main aur apno main rehkar 20k ki jagah 10k ache hain.

Khair apni apni sonch hian.....

Masalaama.......
King Ali The Power To Conquer

by HH » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:00 pm

Hamaare Bhai Sahab ek Saudi Dammam mein rehtey they Petrochemical Company mein ... Bahut saal rahey wahaan ... Terrorist Attack kaa Khatraa Saudi ko bhi ho saktaa yeh dekh kar India waapas aaye ... Qatar mein maukaa milaa toh wahaan phir gaye, koi Khatraa nai hai wahaan bataate hamare Bhai Sahab!
:)
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Truth Khan » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:34 pm

Jis kisse ko India mein Kamaane Haath nahi hota ya
india mein fail ,Flop ho jatee wahi loog Saudi Arabia or Gulf contries ko jateee

Those people are going to abroad for job most of them are USE LESS persons..........
Truth Khan

by HH » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:48 pm

useless*

* Hamare Bhai Sahab, India Topper Rahe; ME Company Mein Bhi "Top" Number Mein Hain!
:)
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Pacca Hyderabadi » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:45 pm

Truth khan pinday kay baata nako karoo miya tum, useless kisko bolrai... tumko maloom hona chaheyeh aapnay logon mein kam karna koi badhi baath nahi yaha saudi aakar dekho kitnay nationalities kay saath kam karna padhtha aur har ek ka tariqa alag rehta... yaha aakar talented banda hi kam karsakta...
aaisa nahi hai useless log hi idhar aatay ,bahut saray qualified banday hi yaha jobs karai. miya tum batoaa agar kisi pay zimadari ka bhooj hai woh waha india mein kamaya too kiya milta 5 hajar bahut say bahut 10 hajar .. mein normal aadmi ki baath karoo. wohi aadmi agar saudi mein job karaa tou 25 hajar say 30 tak kamaletha. tabhi jakay zimadari nibha saktay miya nahi tou betou karzon mein kuppa hokay. parayshan ......

apnay aap ko truth khaan likhkay sathya vadi harish candra samajrai kiya tum.
Pacca Hyderabadi

by baigan » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:43 pm

Dubai: From riches to rags
Ben Anderson
BBC Panorama reporter

Just say the word Dubai and the images appear: impossible glass structures glistening in the year-round sun, perfect man-made beaches, yachts, private helicopters, malls and spreads of food that would satisfy Roman emperors - all the things huge amounts of new money can buy.

And yet for me these images are the opposite of what should come to mind.

Having spent the last three months travelling there, I no longer think of the seven star Burj Al Arab hotel when I think of Dubai, but of emaciated, wretched men, lining up for buses before the sun has risen, resigned to the fact that their hard day's work wouldn't earn them enough to buy a round of coffee here. The branding of Dubai has to be one of the greatest PR triumphs of the past 20 years.

It works out incredibly well for the developers - they can charge first world fortunes for the dream villas and apartments, but pay third world salaries to the men actually building them.

Poor and illiterate

Many in Dubai say that this is just globalisation working, and that while the lives of the workers, and the salaries they are paid, look bad to us, to them, where they come from, it's good.

This excuse doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

The story of Dubai's immigrant construction workers shocks and depresses in several different stages. The poor and often illiterate men, who come here in their millions from the Indian sub-continent, are getting exploited from so many different angles that it's sometimes hard to know who to be angry at.

It all starts in their home countries - often India or Bangladesh, where local recruitment agents promise them high salaries and generous overtime payments.

But often they also charge a "visa" or "transit" fee, averaging 200,000 taka, or £2,000 ($2,980).

This is supposed to be illegal.

The workers pay the fee because they believe the figures they've been promised. In most cases, it will take them the entire two-to-three year contract for them just to pay back that fee and break even.

It often takes that long because many developers, or their sub-contactors pay shockingly low wages - often less than £120 ($178.83) a month, for, on average, a 10-hour a day, six-day working week.

Rivers of stinking waste

We followed dozens of workers back to their "labour camps" where they cooked rice and potatoes (they can only afford meat or fish two-to-three times a month) in filthy rooms equipped with the most basic gas hobs.

In one camp sewage had leaked out from toilet blocks, and there was so much of it that the workers had built an entire network of stepping-stones just to get to their accommodation blocks.

"The dream," as one Indian recruitment agent told me "soon turns into a nightmare the moment they arrive."

Upon arrival, they are then bussed to their labour camp, where they will share a room with at least six other workers for the duration of their time in Dubai.

If they are given contracts, they are often not worth the paper they are written on, and collective bargaining and trade unions are illegal in Dubai anyway.

The developments we investigated are both enthusiastically endorsed by a long line of celebrities, who allow themselves to be described as "ambassadors."

England footballer Michael Owen, cricketer Freddie Flintoff and golfer Sam Torrance endorse developments by the First Group in Dubai's Sports City.

British celebrity chef Jamie Oliver, golfers Greg Norman, Vijay Singh, and Sergio Garcia are all ambassadors for Jumeirah Golf Estates, which will be home to the $20M "Race to Dubai," the richest tournament in the golfing world.

The master developer of Jumeirah Golf Estates is a company called Leisurecorp, which owns Turnberry and has a stake in Troon.

'Like a prison sentence'

We looked hard for a single example of good practice on two different developments, interviewing dozens of workers employed by many different companies - some British, some owned by the Dubai government.

But I didn't find a single exception, not one worker who hadn't paid a visa fee, not one who was being well paid (the highest monthly salary I heard of was being paid to a skilled crane operator- approximately £220 ($327) a month), not one who could eat well or was free to go home if he chose to.

They all said they were much worse off than they had been back at home.

"We are doing slavery," said one worker, "we feel we are in jail, it's like a prison sentence. This is how I feel. I am helpless. What can I do?"

Nick McGeehan, who runs Mafiswasta, one of the few NGOs working on behalf of the immigrant construction workers, is not surprised. I asked him what role we were playing in this, as property buyers, or as one of the million plus British tourists that visited Dubai last year.

"You're contributing, directly or indirectly, to the enslavement of a migrant workforce. That's a difficult pill to swallow, but when you look at the evidence that's a fact."

And what about the celebrities who endorse these developments, some of whom told us they sought, and got, re-assurances that the workers were being treated well.

"It's not enough to say that. At best that's naive and at worst that's negligent."
baigan

by HH » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:06 am

Thank You, "baigan",
* The Full Moon Looks Beautiful; its "Darker Side" You Never Can See ...
# Dubai's "Double Side" is being seen now; things may be tougher elsewhere in the ME for the Toiler / the Worker.
:oops:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: "Dark" Dubai ...

by HH » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:26 am

"Dark" Dubai (2) ...
Check!
>>>>>
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/co ... 64368.html
<<<<<
:shock:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: "Dark" Dubai ...

by alla » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:03 am

HH wrote:"Dark" Dubai (2) ...
Check!
>>>>>
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/co ... 64368.html
<<<<<
:shock:

An excerpt from this excellent article:

III. Hidden in plain view

There are three different Dubais, all swirling around each other. There are the expats, like Karen; there are the Emiratis, headed by Sheikh Mohammed; and then there is the foreign underclass who built the city, and are trapped here. They are hidden in plain view. You see them everywhere, in dirt-caked blue uniforms, being shouted at by their superiors, like a chain gang – but you are trained not to look. It is like a mantra: the Sheikh built the city. The Sheikh built the city. Workers? What workers?

Every evening, the hundreds of thousands of young men who build Dubai are bussed from their sites to a vast concrete wasteland an hour out of town, where they are quarantined away. Until a few years ago they were shuttled back and forth on cattle trucks, but the expats complained this was unsightly, so now they are shunted on small metal buses that function like greenhouses in the desert heat. They sweat like sponges being slowly wrung out.

Sonapur is a rubble-strewn patchwork of miles and miles of identical concrete buildings. Some 300,000 men live piled up here, in a place whose name in Hindi means "City of Gold". In the first camp I stop at – riven with the smell of sewage and sweat – the men huddle around, eager to tell someone, anyone, what is happening to them.

Sahinal Monir, a slim 24-year-old from the deltas of Bangladesh. "To get you here, they tell you Dubai is heaven. Then you get here and realise it is hell," he says. Four years ago, an employment agent arrived in Sahinal's village in Southern Bangladesh. He told the men of the village that there was a place where they could earn 40,000 takka a month (£400) just for working nine-to-five on construction projects. It was a place where they would be given great accommodation, great food, and treated well. All they had to do was pay an up-front fee of 220,000 takka (£2,300) for the work visa – a fee they'd pay off in the first six months, easy. So Sahinal sold his family land, and took out a loan from the local lender, to head to this paradise.

As soon as he arrived at Dubai airport, his passport was taken from him by his construction company. He has not seen it since. He was told brusquely that from now on he would be working 14-hour days in the desert heat – where western tourists are advised not to stay outside for even five minutes in summer, when it hits 55 degrees – for 500 dirhams a month (£90), less than a quarter of the wage he was promised. If you don't like it, the company told him, go home. "But how can I go home? You have my passport, and I have no money for the ticket," he said. "Well, then you'd better get to work," they replied.

Sahinal was in a panic. His family back home – his son, daughter, wife and parents – were waiting for money, excited that their boy had finally made it. But he was going to have to work for more than two years just to pay for the cost of getting here – and all to earn less than he did in Bangladesh.

He shows me his room. It is a tiny, poky, concrete cell with triple-decker bunk-beds, where he lives with 11 other men. All his belongings are piled onto his bunk: three shirts, a spare pair of trousers, and a cellphone. The room stinks, because the lavatories in the corner of the camp – holes in the ground – are backed up with excrement and clouds of black flies. There is no air conditioning or fans, so the heat is "unbearable. You cannot sleep. All you do is sweat and scratch all night." At the height of summer, people sleep on the floor, on the roof, anywhere where they can pray for a moment of breeze.

The water delivered to the camp in huge white containers isn't properly desalinated: it tastes of salt. "It makes us sick, but we have nothing else to drink," he says.

The work is "the worst in the world," he says. "You have to carry 50kg bricks and blocks of cement in the worst heat imaginable ... This heat – it is like nothing else. You sweat so much you can't pee, not for days or weeks. It's like all the liquid comes out through your skin and you stink. You become dizzy and sick but you aren't allowed to stop, except for an hour in the afternoon. You know if you drop anything or slip, you could die. If you take time off sick, your wages are docked, and you are trapped here even longer."

He is currently working on the 67th floor of a shiny new tower, where he builds upwards, into the sky, into the heat. He doesn't know its name. In his four years here, he has never seen the Dubai of tourist-fame, except as he constructs it floor-by-floor.

Is he angry? He is quiet for a long time. "Here, nobody shows their anger. You can't. You get put in jail for a long time, then deported." Last year, some workers went on strike after they were not given their wages for four months. The Dubai police surrounded their camps with razor-wire and water-cannons and blasted them out and back to work.

The "ringleaders" were imprisoned. I try a different question: does Sohinal regret coming? All the men look down, awkwardly. "How can we think about that? We are trapped. If we start to think about regrets..." He lets the sentence trail off. Eventually, another worker breaks the silence by adding: "I miss my country, my family and my land. We can grow food in Bangladesh. Here, nothing grows. Just oil and buildings."

Since the recession hit, they say, the electricity has been cut off in dozens of the camps, and the men have not been paid for months. Their companies have disappeared with their passports and their pay. "We have been robbed of everything. Even if somehow we get back to Bangladesh, the loan sharks will demand we repay our loans immediately, and when we can't, we'll be sent to prison."

This is all supposed to be illegal. Employers are meant to pay on time, never take your passport, give you breaks in the heat – but I met nobody who said it happens. Not one. These men are conned into coming and trapped into staying, with the complicity of the Dubai authorities.

Sahinal could well die out here. A British man who used to work on construction projects told me: "There's a huge number of suicides in the camps and on the construction sites, but they're not reported. They're described as 'accidents'." Even then, their families aren't free: they simply inherit the debts. A Human Rights Watch study found there is a "cover-up of the true extent" of deaths from heat exhaustion, overwork and suicide, but the Indian consulate registered 971 deaths of their nationals in 2005 alone. After this figure was leaked, the consulates were told to stop counting.

At night, in the dusk, I sit in the camp with Sohinal and his friends as they scrape together what they have left to buy a cheap bottle of spirits. They down it in one ferocious gulp. "It helps you to feel numb", Sohinal says through a stinging throat. In the distance, the glistening Dubai skyline he built stands, oblivious.
alla

by Hyderabadresponse » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:10 pm

Dear All Hyderabadi NRI'S

Apna Hyderabad provides you a variety of services for your loved ones
back in Hyderabad. Be it delivering a plate of delicious biryani to
organizing a webcam chat with your parents or getting their medicines
refilled or paying their utility bills, we are there for you. Our
services assure you complete peace of mind and we are always on the
look out for wider avenues to serve you better.

Please check for more details on our temporary portal at

http://hyderabadcomputerservices.google ... m/homepage

SAUDI ARABIA based NRI'S YOU CAN PAY THE AMOUNT AFTER DELIVERY OF
YOUR ORDERED ITEM IN CASE YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE PAYING BEFORE

Our Support team is online to answer any of your queries related to
your order

hyderabadresponse@gmail.com
hyderabadresponse@yahoo.com
Hyderabadresponse

by CHUNNU4MINAR » Wed May 27, 2009 4:37 pm

KYA BAAT HAI YAARO --- BHOT MAZEKA FORUM HAI YE --- IDAR BI MEHFIL JAMI HUI HAI
MAI CHUNNU4MINAR PICHLE 8 SAAL SE RIYAD ME KAAM KARRAU-

APNAY HYDERABAD KU BHOT MISS KARTA THA - HALANKE YA N PE BHOT HYDERABADIYAN HAI - HARA BOLTE MOHALLE KU - POORE HYDERABADIYA REHTE MAGAR PHIR BI WOH BAAT KA AATI YAARO.

KIDAR BI JAAO THODI BHOT TO GHAIRIYAT MEHSOOS HO JAAT -AB KYA KARINGE NAUKRIYA KARNA PADTA NA
CHUNNU4MINAR

by apna Hyderabad apni service » Fri May 29, 2009 7:35 pm

ALL HYDERABADI NRI's
You want to help your family sitting abroad , Yes you can help them , Fresh Mutton/Chicken(From your choice of Ghoshwala) Fresh Vegetables & Fruits( From your choice of Mandi) Any emergency Work your family need to do in the Night, Recharge there Mobile phones for any denomination(Easy Recharge: RS.10 to RS.1000) . Do you need the latest snaps of your family , kids and many more services you mention to be done.
You ASK us we will do for YOU

(Any Service ordered will be delivered within Minimum1 Hr-Maximum 3 Hours in normal circumstances within city Limits)

USA/CANADA Customers please consider time difference while placing your orders to be delivered on the day and time specified
CONTACT : USA/CANADA :1-888-669-6641 (24 / 7 Sales & Support)
SAUDI ARABIA: 966 - 542720786

www.apnahyderabad.in
apna Hyderabad apni service

by fun2bolds » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:39 pm

Hala walla............Kifak.............Kullu Tamam...........

Keep on posting............

Bye
fun2bolds

by Sameer Siddiqi » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:37 pm

Assalamalikum to all Hyderabadis in Saudi arabia

mein Dammam mein kaam kartu - kuch din pehle maloom huwa is site ke barein mein, padke achaa laga....apne hyderabadwalo ki baat hi kuch aur hain ustaad.

Khobar Subeka mein - Golden ki hyderabadi chai, Azeeem ke samouse and shaam hotel ki biryaaani....mast hai dekho.

aur...shama ka pan....

jobhi ho....kabhi bhi hyderabad ko miss kartun.....

Keep posting!!!!

Sameer Siddiqui
Dammam - KSA.
Sameer Siddiqi

by Important message to be send. » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:44 pm

need group contact e-mails of hyderabadi from Dammam, Riyadh & Jeddah
Important message to be send.

by Chaush » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Apne ku chaush bolte.

Hyderabad, jahanuma mein kahin bhi naam bolo, bacche se budda sab pahchante.

filal to riyadh mein hai dekho......choti moti naukri karlerein.

magar kabhi kabhi hyd & wahan ke khaas logon ki yaad aajati dekho (khaas samajgaye na).
Chaush

by shahbaz khan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Truth Khan wrote:Jis kisse ko India mein Kamaane Haath nahi hota ya
india mein fail ,Flop ho jatee wahi loog Saudi Arabia or Gulf contries ko jateee

Those people are going to abroad for job most of them are USE LESS persons..........

Bhai merer aap useless bolre magar useful logon ki bhi khadar nahi bhai wahan par main engineer hoon aur mera record hai college main aur mere project ko state amin 2nd prize mila magar jab main naukri ke liye gaya to experience pooche aur agar experience nahi pooche to bolte daadi niaklo yeh logon se to yahan ke saudiyan ache bhai uno gair muslim ko muslim bano to hi naukri dete bolke to nahi bolte na jaise har chamakne wali cheez sona nahi hoti waise hi har saudi aney wala useless nahi hota yahan mere aakey 1 saal hua aur iss se pahle dubai main 3 saal raha ab yahan main sr engineer hoon R & D main to ab bolo use less koun hai jo hoshiyar ka fayda nahi uthatey ya jo khadar karte
shahbaz khan

Return to NRIs