Friday, 19 April 2024 »  Login
in

Marriage Certificate

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

Marriage Certificate

by Mithu Hiranand Sadarangani » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:38 am

Hello everyone. I live in Spain since the last 34 years. I got married in Hyderabad in 1979 and came to Spain with my wife almost immediately. At that moment I did not feel the need for a marriage certificate as I felt that I would not be in Spain for more that a couple of years. Now that so much time has passed, over here in Spain I require a marriage certificate. Is there anyone who can advise me as to how to obtain a marriage certificate. Your collaboration will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Mithu Hiranand Sadarangani

Re: Marriage Certificate

by niaz » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Hi Mithu;
I suggest you to contact Indian embassy/consulate in spain to obtain your marriage certificate;
however they might not issue one but you can get all the assistance from them.

Good Luck:)
niaz

by rusmart » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Hello there. Thanks for your reply. Actually the Indian Embassy issues a marriage certificate as per the details we provide. At the same time they write in the Certificate that prior to 1981 it was not obligatory for Indians to register their marriage. The Spanish authorities ask for a Certificate properly endorsed by a Marriage Registrar at the place of marriage. That was the reason wanted someone to help me as to how to obtain one from Hyderabad. Thanks anyway.
rusmart

by Darlene Hill » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:10 pm

I got married in Hyderabad in 1979 and came to Spain with my wife almost immediately.

I wonder, Spain authorities had not demanded marriage certificate that time for spouse VISA :shock:
You got married in year 1979 in Hyderabad...your marriage registration record..must be issued by that year political administration ruling Hyderabad...
Have you consulted your local last minute wedding organizer back there in Spain...they deal in these matter on day to day basis..they can guide you as well!

& BTW for what purpose you need this marriage certificate?? after 34 years!...if you share the reason...may be I can help you with my advice!
Darlene Hill

Return to NRIs