Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Dowry - There is a change.

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

Dowry - There is a change.

by A Change » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:07 pm

I feel that young generation is making a big difference, earlier dowry was an essential part of marriage. When I married, I made it very clear to my family that we will not be demanding anything, it's on their wish what ever they give to their daughter.

I stay abroad, if I take 1-2 lakhs that is not going to make a very big difference. I may earn that money in a period of 4-6 months but the same money for the in-laws may be a very big burden. You just take some big amount and the whole life you have to hear that the dowry was so much. The young generation (SMS generation or the generation with reason) can bring much more changes.

I wish to hear from you all, am I really right that young generation is bringing a change or are we the same..........
A Change

Return to NRIs