Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

MISSING HYDERABAD

For the Hyderabadis all over the world who believe there is only one home. Come in here and get a cuppa. Irani, of course!

Moderators: hitesh, The Moderator Team

MISSING HYDERABAD

by Pakka Hyderabadi » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Saudi Arabia is a good country but every now and then i miss India. especially Hyderabad the city which I belongs to.. the city where i was born, the city where I spent 22 years of my life, the city where my parents live, the city full of dust, pollution, corruption but still I love it. Here in Saudi I feel even the sky, the sand, the air are strangers to me... Every year I wait for my annual leave , so that i can visit Hyderabad. Recently I visited Hyderabad and I was not at all surprised to see that the road that was getting constructed last year did not completed this year and will continue till i visit next year. I had a delicious welcome with mom's made biryani... which was no doubt scrumptious,palatable,yummy,tasty.. (i don't no any more adjectives..)

I have been to Gokul chat where we enjoyed sev puri, choley,bhel puri.. the authentic taste of Gokul.. though there was a bomb blast people still go in crowds there ... when it comes to hunger even the fear of death is overlooked .. lol

The tank bund, eat street, prasadz, Hyderabad central reminded me of my engineering days.. which were the only substitute for a class bunk.

The road side paanipuri that tastes very delicious .. I don't no why.. might be the unhygienic method of preparing it adds flavor to it :) ..

Also those days were jamun days.. where I had lot of jamuns at my Uncles house they have a tree... else the jamun wala would cost it Rs 150 per kg.

Had sweets from Sri krishna sweets, pullareddy, Meraj sweet house and Maharaja too.. these indian especially hyderabadi sweets i dont get it here in Saudi... Also I cannot forget the osmania biscuit, chand biscuit, fruit biscuit from karachi bakery.. boxes of these biscuits I parcelled to saudi even.

WE had get together parties where we did night outs.. enjoyed each and every moment, visited relatives and friends... enjoyed the rides in auto and rickshaw, had a blast during rain and In short it was an unforgettable vacation.. for which i have to wait till next year... Whenever I miss Hyderabad I open Google map and have a look at it..Or Call India speak to my family and friends. Though Miles apart from the home country.. I am still connected to My country...

Share me your experiences, how much do you missed Hyderabad.

Awaiting :?: :) :) :)
Pakka Hyderabadi

Return to NRIs