Thursday, 9 May 2024 »  Login
in

Azhar should sue Wisden

Quizzing? Movies? Music? Tech? Cricket? God? Whatever your interests be, there are hundreds of your alter-egos on fullhyd.com - it's a whole city out there!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Azhar should sue Wisden

by Faheem » Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:23 am

It is so disgusting to learn about the whole episode of this award ceremony and the way it was handled. Kapil\'s praise for Azhar was really consoling to me because I strongly believe that Azhar was made a scapegoat and nobody in this world can make be believe that no one else from the current team is/was not involved. Like I have been reading today Azhar should definetely sue Wisden for insulting him by inviting and later cancelling the invite by \"not paying for airfare\". The explanation given by a top Wisden official was, in his own words \"He was sent an invite but we didn\'t want to pay his air fare because we didn\'t want him to come. His presence may have upset a few cricketers and we didn\'t want trouble.\" Alright, I understand their concern, but then, how come Kapil\'s presence didn\'t upset few cricketers? If your answer is that Kapil wasn\'t found guilty, so was Azhar. Even Azhar isn\'t proved guilty yet. They why only him? Finally, I can for sure guess that one cricketer who was upset about Azhar\'s possible presence. Gavaskar! That little Master always hated Azhar, his commentary always reflected that. What do you say??
Faheem

Azhar should sue Wisden

by Faheem » Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:26 am

Do you have any kind of contact information for Azhar? Mail address? Email?
Faheem

Azhar should sue Wisden

by seetharam » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:48 pm

I outrightly agree with your argument. He might have commited a sin. He is after all a human. Politicians, beurocrats and government officials have commited much greater crime and escaped. I can only offer sympathies to this hitherto Gentleman.
seetharam

Azhar should sue Wisden

by Raghu » Tue Aug 06, 2002 7:27 am

I think your posting is in bad taste. Your argument is that because we cannot convict all the criminals, no criminals should ever be punished. Sounds circular to me.
Raghu

Azhar should sue Wisden

by raghu » Sun Aug 11, 2002 12:04 pm

Any sport is beyond racial and religious points. But in Azars case I strongly beleive that he was harrased because he was from south, though kapil is from Haryana, he is gentle beyond racial thinkings. But not in case of gavaskar who is definitely a ..... That is why fellow cricketers like Tendulkar who still continue in the team despite the poor shows.
raghu

Azhar should sue Wisden

by raghu » Sun Aug 11, 2002 12:06 pm

Any sport is beyond racial and religious points. But in Azars case I strongly beleive that he was harrased because he was from south, though kapil is from Haryana, he is gentle beyond racial thinkings. But not in case of gavaskar who is definitely a ..... That is why fellow cricketers like Tendulkar who still continue in the team despite the poor shows.
raghu

Azhar should sue Wisden

by Bhaimiya » Sun Aug 11, 2002 1:54 pm

Raghu: Your observation is 100% correct.
Bhaimiya

Azhar should sue Wisden

by sri » Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:41 pm

During an era when indian cricket was going to the bottoms azar came and gave an excellent captaincy record and did the country a chance to stand in global arena.He is an modest standard and gentle batsmen.Please beleive me I am bleeding from my heart because gone are the days when azar in the tail end of one day matches gave hurricane shots and raised the averages.I never beleive he is a selfish player.
He has been most experienced player to see from krissrikant to sroinath.The way in which his career came to an end was a tragic.Persons like Gavasker never praised azars talents in public fora to the best of my knowledge.I saw Azar lively in chepauk stadium.Still I will wish him if i see.Kapil is a true gem.HE MUST BE A FLAWLESS DIAMOND OF HARYANA.This is the best time for persons like Tendulkar to leave places for youngsters.
sri

Azhar should sue Wisden

by Kulcha Hyderabadi » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:01 am

Try: C/o Hyderabad Cricket Association, Lal Bahadur Stadium, Hyderabad. Check out if this site is still active: http://www.azharuddin.com
Kulcha Hyderabadi

Return to Special Interest Groups